Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

i worked on battleborn, can confirm it was poo poo from the start

spill the deets, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

As a fat bastard with breathing problems I can relate to Roadhog very well.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

CrashCat posted:

i thought you literally couldn't wait, this is troubling

the web of lies

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

BULBASAUR posted:

i worked on battleborn, can confirm it was poo poo from the start

didn't work on overwatch, but it's also bad

What happened with this project and did they really think it was going to work before they shipped? They had at least a year of the overwatch beta/alpha to know just how bad their ideas looked.

Also why do they keep hiring really bad comedy writers?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Writing is bad because gbx did it themselves.

Battleborn started life as a borderlands dota. Don't remember who's half baked idea it was, probably gbx, but possibly the publisher because they had a hard on for bad ideas at the time (evolve). Game sucked from the moment it was a concept. A lot of us hated it vocally, but the same people that thought evolve was going to change competitive gaming thought it had potential. I quit way before it shipped, but the game launched like a wet fart. Evolve also sucked. Most of the vocal people left or got laid off. Producers got promotions.

Vidya game industry- not even once

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Evolve is the worst $7 I've ever spent

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i gave evolve points for creativity but it got old like real fast

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Evolve managed to combine the most unsatisying and tedious aspects of fighting a health sponge with the incredibly frustrating aspects of trying to hit tiny guys jumping around.

Which is a shame because theres plenty of cool features, but the gameplay itself just sucks.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
it was really cool when it was acquired from THQ, practically a complete game, then it was ruined mostly by corporate saying it had to cost $60

just wish I worked on overwatch, so I could have another bad game under my belt

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Overwatch is bad, but 90s bad, like skateboards and the Super Scope

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I played it again tonight for several more hours and can confirm that it's good if you want to have fun but bad if you like good voice acting, art or writing. Thankfully most of the game involves none of those things but still it's a real loving buzzkill to hear Tracer's annoying ham-fisted accent.

Also people who play Genji are loving otakus of the highest degree. Why would you "main" a character in a 21 class game wtf is up with that. Fukkin idiots that's what.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lol if you don't take bong rips on the mic in Overwatch.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Lol if you play overwatch, a known and confirmed; bad game

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Nothing is more fun than playing in a 5 man stack and using Mei to trap the pub until he quits

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

BlueBlazer posted:

Would totally support a genderswap skin set in TF2 for parity.

There are mods that do this, fyi, but they are client side only.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Lil Peeler posted:

Also people who play Genji are loving otakus of the highest degree. Why would you "main" a character in a 21 class game wtf is up with that. Fukkin idiots that's what.

I main Reinhardt, Mercy, and Lucio in that order because Reinhardt rules and you've gotta support the team. I also switch to other characters though because they're a lot of fun and sometimes it's stupid to play a "main" character if it doesn't work with your team/whatever map you're on

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Aralan posted:

I main Reinhardt, Mercy, and Lucio in that order because Reinhardt rules and you've gotta support the team. I also switch to other characters though because they're a lot of fun and sometimes it's stupid to play a "main" character if it doesn't work with your team/whatever map you're on

That's why you main Soldier 76 and be the good dad the team needs

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Roargasm posted:

The character design is excellent but the maps are pretty bad and all play similar. I give it an 8

i said this too when i first played but there are actually a shitload of side paths, platforms, shortcuts and stuff that are not immediately obvious. esp if you are a class with a mobility ability

its very easy to have blinders on and only pay attention to the direct pathing created by the map especially since most characters are constrained by the map geometry

Lil Peeler posted:

I played it again tonight for several more hours and can confirm that it's good if you want to have fun but bad if you like good voice acting, art or writing. Thankfully most of the game involves none of those things but still it's a real loving buzzkill to hear Tracer's annoying ham-fisted accent.

because unlike the 20 other characters genjis ability set is basically all utility and he is not balanced around running out of cooldowns but the enemy's ability to aim

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
why is soldier 76 the dad class

i would think its mcree

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Mccree is a cowboy, 76 is a grumpy white-haired war dad

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Just FYI overwatch is a really bad game

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Just FYI overwatch is a really bad game

Nah, I just got a letter from the president informing me that it is good.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

His waifu is Pharah btw.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
nah, Pharah is Soldier 76's lovechild

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I looked through all of the characters and took notes of what I thought. Overall I hate Blizzard's way of making every character have cartoonish proportions. Here's my criticisms:

Gorilla Grod was better when he was a Spiderman villain.

I used to have a pair of goggles like Tracer has back when I used to ride buggies in Yuma every winter. Her pants remind me that I never actually finished watching Kill-Bill.

I liked Reinhardt when he was in Pacific Rim, good to see him again.

For a while I didn't know that Widowmaker was the sniper class, or that she wasn't a night elf. Her costume is loving stupid.

Dumpster Joker reminds me of Suicide Squad, which makes me laugh.

Reaper's alright, except for his oversized guns, which look stupid.

I'm pretty sure I killed Genji in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance in that area before you fight Sundowner. That reminds me that every character in MGRR was better than Genji.

Blue Falcon is fine. I like her.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
I don't get why nerds like to play this insanely bad videogame. You move like you're underwater, half the classes don't even require aiming, and Blizzard is charging 40 bucks for a game that's probably barely with 20 bucks.

lol idiot babby DQ blizzard nerds.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its like when you go watch a kid movie or a bad action film with a teenager, they like it because they haven't seen these cliche and bad writing before.

you've seen more, so yo have lower tolerance for bullshit.

the same can be said for overwatch

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
really, the only thing to say is this:

it's bad

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

its like when you go watch a kid movie or a bad action film with a teenager, they like it because they haven't seen these cliche and bad writing before.

you've seen more, so yo have lower tolerance for bullshit.

the same can be said for overwatch

Stumpalitious posted:

I don't get why nerds like to play this insanely bad videogame. You move like you're underwater, half the classes don't even require aiming, and Blizzard is charging 40 bucks for a game that's probably barely with 20 bucks.

Welcome, friends. To the truth. Overwatch is truly.... a bad game.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Stumpalitious posted:

im about to buy this game where is it $40 though

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

im about to buy this game where is it $40 though

https://battle.net/shop/en/product/game/overwatch
On consoles you can only get the Origins edition and it's always $60.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

overwatch sux gently caress blizzazrd

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Mierenneuker posted:

https://battle.net/shop/en/product/game/overwatch
On consoles you can only get the Origins edition and it's always $60.

is origins edition just skins lol

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

is origins edition just skins lol

Pretty much. The PC version you also gives you a whole lot of silly cosmetic poo poo for other Blizzard games + unlocking Tracer in everybody's favorite Fast Action Real Time Strategy game.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
news flash: it's bad no matter what edition you're talking about

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

Hell Yeah posted:

overwatch sux gently caress blizzazrd

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i got a bad game in the mail today might play it later (filthy console heathen - no i dont want to play with you)

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Mierenneuker posted:

Pretty much. The PC version you also gives you a whole lot of silly cosmetic poo poo for other Blizzard games + unlocking Tracer in everybody's favorite Fast Action Real Time Strategy game.

aw helll yeah gently caress skins lol, Im down with $40 considering i played the beta for more hours than most full priced games ive bought

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

game bad. so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

thathonkey posted:

i got a bad game in the mail today might play it later (filthy console heathen - no i dont want to play with you)

fun fact but you can download games on consoles now. lol at buying a boxed copy of a game.

• Locked thread