Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I'm sure he's getting a big pay raise wherever he's going so good for him if so. I'll miss him and hope he keeps showing up from time to time.

Kinda hard to imagine them finding someone who is as good a fit but Jeff and Vinny know what they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Le me, on mah phone in the car before work: Did Austin actually quit, WTF

Yeah he's really leaving. Some people have speculated he's going to the Rolling Stone spinoff 'Glixel', a startup with a really dumb name.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

What th gently caress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*takes my glasses off and pinches my nose* So it's gonna be another 6 months of Alex and Vinny videos ...

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I hear John Vignocchi is free now...

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

hes probably gonna be like a professor about games or some real poo poo instead of just going to another game journalism place or whatever. they mentioned him being in school all the time

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

"Ha HAAAAA" - Austin Walker, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Who was the guest that the Beastcast got all bonered for last friday? Phil Spencer?

Also lmao smell ya later Austin.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apparently they booked peter stormare but his agent canceled before e3 started

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

Apparently they booked peter stormare but his agent canceled before e3 started

Nuts that would have been rad.

How big of a boner do you guys think Klepek popped when he realized Austin was leaving, I bet he's back at Giant Bomb before the end of the year.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

He's not going to move from Chicago and there's no way in hell CBS would pay him to do youtube from his spare bedroom.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

This is a bummer, Austin owns and elevates any discussion he's involved in. Hopefully he stays on the Beastcast like Bakalar.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

As much as I have enjoyed his contributions for the short time I've been able to, Austin seems way too smart to be writing about videogames for a living. I hope he does have a real gig lined up and it's not just a lateral move to MTVgamez.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

As much as I have enjoyed his contributions for the short time I've been able to, Austin seems way too smart to be writing about videogames for a living. I hope he does have a real gig lined up and it's not just a lateral move to MTVgamez.

His filibuster for invisible inc was an awesome capstone to a first year on the job. he does that stuff all the time and shows how actually preparing and putting in effort makes a podcast more entertaining to listen to. But yea in hindsight that probably means he's over qualified for the job.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Austin should be a professor or in medical research or something. Meanwhile, Tricky ended up right where he belongs.

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

Looks like Austin is starting his own gaming site with VICE

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/vice-austin-walker-giant-bomb-1201797909/

Neato fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 17, 2016

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I hope Austin hires Vinny

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neato posted:

Looks like Austin is starting his own gaming site with VICE

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/vice-austin-walker-giant-bomb-1201797909/

good for him but judging by all the people he got to write guest articles for giant bomb, I won't like his new website. Wish him luck

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Neato posted:

Looks like Austin is starting his own gaming site

Oh nice

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

https://twitter.com/josecanseco/status/743842523668320256

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

pretty much

but at least there's this: https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/743880496548057088

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
move over giant bomb. vice

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

dave lang is cool
https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/743679505860943872

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Austin was kind of an insufferable try hard at times but whoever they hire is almost certainly going to be worse so rip.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
gently caress off

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

yea the PHD candidate who writes intelligent poo poo about video games and is super smart is a tryhard

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

all of that guys posts in this thread are terrible

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

all of that guys posts are terrible

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i hate them and i hate him

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

yea the PHD candidate who writes intelligent poo poo about video games and is super smart is a tryhard

Yes he is. Someone will make a supercut of him saying "I'm just not that guy :smuggo:" on the Giant Beastcast and you'll know exactly what i'm talking about.

See also: him and Alex being giant babies about South Park during the Fractured but Whole trailer.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

you suck

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

fadam posted:

Yes he is. Someone will make a supercut of him saying "I'm just not that guy :smuggo:" on the Giant Beastcast and you'll know exactly what i'm talking about.

See also: him and Alex being giant babies about South Park during the Fractured but Whole trailer.

i wish you were not the guy who posted here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

"..."

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

fadam posted:

gently caress u

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

and it actually sounds kinda cool if vice is hiring austin to get serious about video game stories. They did an interesting 8 minute documentary of the guy who made Hyper Light Drifter

http://www.vice.com/video/pixel-by-pixel-alx-preston-hyper-light-drifter

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

fadam posted:

Gb2 Blizzard subforum

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

holy poo poo they weren't joking about that Taco Bell sponsorship. loving blasting a commercial in order to view their content. Cool.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I'm happy for the very good boy Austin even though I'll miss him playing off Alex and Vinny. They do well at finding the right people to hire so I'm hopeful.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

fadam posted:

I'm going to kick your dumb rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
:smuggo: