Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Figured out how to create championships with sTracker for AC:

http://managerdc4.rackservice.org:50350/championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

real_scud posted:

Actually poo poo, went looking back to how much I paid and realized I was pretty high. Guess that's what happens when there aren't any for sale on eBay to compare to.

I'd probably let it go for $380 + shipping

edit: I'd also be a bit flexible with the price since I really want it out of my house.

I'm interested, I've been looking to get a racing setup beyond my XBOX360 wheel + wireless adapter for a while. I'll do some research and get back to you.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
So my Fanatec CSR doesn't get much use, and lately more often then not when I turn it on it goes to calibrate, but gets stuck in the all-the-way-left position with 1 blue dash on the LED. My Google-fu is coming up short and I really want to be able to race with you guys. Any suggestions?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

speedtek posted:

So my Fanatec CSR doesn't get much use, and lately more often then not when I turn it on it goes to calibrate, but gets stuck in the all-the-way-left position with 1 blue dash on the LED. My Google-fu is coming up short and I really want to be able to race with you guys. Any suggestions?

My CSR would sometimes do this. Then it got to the point where it would randomly die while I was driving. I was never really able to figure out what was going wrong. Eventually I took the entire cover off and that solved the issue for a while. Maybe it was some kind of grounding or overheating issue. Eventually my CSW v2 came in and I put my CSR away forever.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
My CSR has not given me any issues... now that I've said that, it will catch fire during the next GoonCar.

They could be prone to overheating, but it sounds like yours just does it right away, it can't be overheated within seconds of powering on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yo if you want to drift around in AC and don't want to go to the drift track, someone's brought in Battersea Power Station from Dirt 3.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

njsykora posted:

Yo if you want to drift around in AC and don't want to go to the drift track, someone's brought in Battersea Power Station from Dirt 3.

Well that ain't gonna be up long.

e: Haven't gotten a chance to try them, but looks like a fair bit of the Rally Legends mod and Simtraxx content is mature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlxC-r3_RIY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXCdeVaiso

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 8, 2016

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
In other AC news, Kunos is shutting down the track and car modding section of their forums due to the amount of ripped content shared and discussed there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know what they expect when you can just port rfactor tracks

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

People on reddit seem upset about it. I get all my poo poo from racedepartment anyway?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Norns posted:

People on reddit seem upset about it. I get all my poo poo from racedepartment anyway?

Racedepartment throws out ripped content, not only from commercial products but unauthorized ports of mods too, so they're probably upset about having to go to shady russian ad.fly sites to get the stuff.

Case in point: The Battersea ripped from Dirt 3 has been deleted on RD.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 10, 2016

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

GhostDog posted:

In other AC news, Kunos is shutting down the track and car modding section of their forums due to the amount of ripped content shared and discussed there.

AC was pretty explicitly advertised as a modding platform so while this isn't exactly surprising it is still funny. Racing sim development has been eating its own tail with 'our customers will fill the blanks in our game with content of their own making stolen from other games' since the days of F1-2002 so they can't exactly claim ignorance now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The frequency of an AC track or car mod that's actually worth a drat is pretty rare too, and if it's worth downloading it'll usually be on RD. The Kunos forums were a loving nightmare of abandoned mods and bad rFactor conversions so good riddance to them. It's not gonna hurt Kunos any because it's not like anyone's really challenging them as the primary modding platform.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Speaking of mods.

Le Mans got an update in AC and it seems solid. Going to throw some GT3s around it today to get excited for the 24h next week.

And I realized that my favorite AC mod got updated. The F2002. God that car is stupid fun.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Turns out the default Merc GT3 fuel load in AC gets you about 4.5 laps of Le Mans. Also apparently the Merc can get up to 170+mph. That track was good before, but it looks a lot sharper now. Apparently the AI line got improved too so I might try that later, Tiago's basically becoming the Patrick Giranthon of AC at this point.

Also, I know Reiza track dude Alex is in the UK, but that Automobilista money must be solid if he's getting to go out and recon tracks in person.

https://twitter.com/ReizaStudios/status/741020177362472960

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh snap. Cadwell in Automobileista. Nice!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

RD have already expanded their AC modding forum, seems like a lot of modders have moved over there judging from all the WIP threads. Lots of people screaming about how Kunos is banning all mods from AC though which is peak sim racing along with people saying it's to push the console version. The statement I've seen says their modding forum was always meant to be a mod support/tutorials forum rather than a download hub, and that stuff is going to still be there which seems sensible to me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah I have no issue with what's going on. Hopefully there's a licence deal or something that prompted the change though!

It would be cool of people stopped getting outraged over every loving thing ever.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Assetto Corsa:

Practice is up.

Also, whoever asked for Lotus 49 hotlapping, I notice a distinct lack of posted times.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Any chance of bumping this back an hour so I can watch the final part of the Canada GP?

e: Or even like 15 minutes because I think the GP is from 18:00-20:00

eeee: Just saw that the race is at 20:15 so nevermind I'll be there

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 11, 2016

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
As I said before, I don't really want to start that. We can discuss moving the timeslot as a whole, but moving on short notice on a per-day basis just leads to less people showing up in the long run, I'm pretty sure of that.

Although I was tempted there for a second, because I'll miss (part of) Germany's first Euro Championship game. I'll probably show up very late in qualifying and vanish as soon as I cross the finish line.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Hey, the latest AutoBallista update fixed DynHUD with triple screens! So I've been able to actually use it for the first time! It's pretty cool.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Things are starting to come together for that game, they fixed a lot of AI issues with the most recent update as well so they will actually try to pass if they're slipstreaming. Time trial mode as well seems to be coming together now the online leaderboards are active.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I might not be able to make it to AC today. I don't know if time Warner is having an outage or if they just think "12" is the same as "17" and disconnected me early. Either way, I refuse to call those incompetent morons ever again.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I might have to miss it too, I'll see if I can make it home in time to qualify.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 12, 2016

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I'll be there. Holding out for a hero. Wearing my sunglasses at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIhI1Q8H7Yc

Wailin' in my little japanese car.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If you are a person with Windows 10 and G27 like me who keeps having their driver randomly corrupted by Logitech this is apparently how you fix it:

http://boxthislap.org/g27-not-working-after-windows-10-update/

Also let me know if you want to buy a G27 since this is pushing me to maybe actually upgrade.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Poor showing today :(

OhsH was defeated by "THE TURN". He literally couldn't take it any more :haw:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I managed to log on with just enough time to complete a qualifying lap, predictably did pretty poor in the race. Surprisingly fun track though, so much time spent sideways.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Put up Nordschleife hotlapping again, with a bunch of different cars.

Edit: Actually, that's gonna go up tomorrow, I need to upload the default setups first.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 12, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hmm, apparently we've all been wasting money on fancy wheel sets.

http://i.imgur.com/KOd5pYc.gifv

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

xzzy posted:

Hmm, apparently we've all been wasting money on fancy wheel sets.

http://i.imgur.com/KOd5pYc.gifv

That reminds me of the first PC wheel my dad ever had. It was basically a steering wheel with a dowel coming out the back, and you'd slide the dowel into a little doohickey clamped to the desk, and strap a mouse to the top. Turning the wheel would turn the dowel against the mouse ball (remember those?), which would send mouse steering input to the game. It sucked rear end.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Goetta posted:

If you are a person with Windows 10 and G27 like me who keeps having their driver randomly corrupted by Logitech this is apparently how you fix it:

Also let me know if you want to buy a G27 since this is pushing me to maybe actually upgrade.

I got tired of this poo poo it was time for a new wheel anyways.. ditched my dfgt and picked up a thrustmaster, the pedals need to be mounted to something.

Otherwise it's a huge upgrade and I don't need to run what I had as a fix which meant 5 min before a race check and see which wheel logitech thinks I have, then load my fix file reboot and jump in the tsce.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
:dance: Reiza got themselves a Caterham license :dance:

quote:

Very glad also to confirm the Brit Pack as our initial lot of premium DLCs for Automobilista. Besides the previously announced 3 tracks (Brands Hatch / Cadwell / Oulton Park) and the Ultima GTR (both road and GT versions), we will also be adding the MCR Sports 2000 and several Caterham models to the roster.

The DLC is free for members/backers.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Caterham is super news and I really hope they get the Academy and Superlight cars in there. Also happy to see them still pursuing more licences we don't see often, MCR's are cool as hell. Hopefully this means the next few packs get expanded as much too, I'd like to see Hockenheim and Imola together in a Europe pack. There was also some interesting mentions of Sim Racing System in that dev update, curious if they're going to be using that for their official servers.

E: Other thing that popped up, Kunos are teasing some kind of announcement for Friday. I'm assuming it's gonna be something to do with the console release or a date for Dream Pack 4.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 15, 2016

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Goetta posted:

Great, this happened to me. gently caress you Logitech.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv-cPGa9Zsg

..... :aaaaa:

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

That's.....actually kind of a big deal.

Cool stuff.