Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ted just being an all around cock today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

1500quidporsche posted:

Normal day then?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pissed off C4 woman giving Sky woman the evils although this interview.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Now we get to see some cars giving it their all on this circuit.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
GP2 commentators less annoying already.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol Marciello ignoring the slipstream death train to go off on his own and getting fastest sectors.

lol. idiots.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
They are really putting the reverse gear to work here

also lol at the WELL DONE BAKU banners

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Well then. I do believe GP2 quali just indicated a boring parade made interesting by cars going off in sector 1 and loving up their own and other people's races.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It will be interesting to see what kind of tactics teams employ in qualifying tomorrow given the massive time gain from the slipstream on that long rear end front straight. I assume Ferrari will send Seb and Kimi out in tandem to let Seb slipstream off of Kimi.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

lol Lewis

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGufmBGi_NB/

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

BAKU WELCOMED ALL OF US

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FP1 replaying now on sky if you're like me and missed it the first time.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Farmland Park posted:

What's the white stuff that's present at some corners and run offs?

Their Lewis's secretions when he thinks of spurting his champagne into Biebers face until hes spent once again

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Something something.... Claire Williams... if you know what I mean.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lewis owns

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Such a try hard

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

F1 2016 needs to come out so I can try some laps in this shitshow. :suicide:

What the gently caress even is this track? Jesus christ it is poo poo. https://streamable.com/n6az

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

GramCracker posted:

What the gently caress even is this track? Jesus christ it is poo poo. https://streamable.com/n6az

Oh my god the castle section is amazing, none of the other videos really did it justice.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Noice

https://youtu.be/DyTA8nVSP4U

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky already decided it's a big formula E track.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Sky already decided it's a big formula E track.

That's probably the most appropriate description you could make of the track.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

They need Ike 20 gears for that long straight

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
The line painters are out again tonight, hope to god they don't drop their load all over the track again.

https://twitter.com/NobleF1/status/743880951734861825

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

1500quidporsche posted:

Ted is the best part of F1 for because he is always entertaining.

Oh also the fast cars and stuff, those are p. cool too.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I like the way brundle would rather be getting pole for the le mans support race than be in Baku.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/news/le-mans-24-hours-full-starting-grid-in-pictures-789267/

For most people not following this it's Manor of all people in 10th/LMP2 POLE and 13th. No idea why they are not putting manor on the lead car either a sponsorship or tax evasion thing.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I thought Will Stevens was driving GT cars

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He is, manor are doing all the endurance tin top stuff at the moment, something to do with a deal with nissan.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The entire LMP2 field runs the Nissan engine. I'm pretty sure its the only competitive engine in that class.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Holy poo poo that castle complex. I can't wait to see the massive pile up in the race (completely unironic) :d:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Holy poo poo that castle complex. I can't wait to see the massive pile up in the race (completely unironic) :d:
Even if there's not a pileup, it'll be loving close throughout the race. Especially if there are any tire shenanigans from curbs.

https://streamable.com/c46z

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is Lewis Hamilton arguably the fastest driver in the history of F1?
A friend and I were having this debate. Although it's a complicated question, I look at it simply in terms of giving every driver that existed, in their prime, the exact same car settings (I know, drivers have their preferences) and have them race each other competitively over the course of a race calendar. I know it's an exercise in futility trying to compare, but I honestly think Lewis would win.
What do you think?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

wicka posted:

A friend and I were having this debate. Although it's a complicated question, I look at it simply in terms of giving every driver that existed, in their prime, the exact same car settings (I know, drivers have their preferences) and have them race each other competitively over the course of a race calendar. I know it's an exercise in futility trying to compare, but I honestly think Lewis would win.
What do you think?

I go by the top gear F1 driver time board. So no.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

wicka posted:

What do you think?

I agree, even though Hill and Mansell would be close

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

It's not even settings. Each era has its own quirks. Sometimes the best tyre management driver is the best, sometimes the most ballsy even if they bin it a lot is best (cos of spares), sometimes when aero prevents good passing the quali master is best - and even then it depends on one hot lap vs best time etc

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

What do you think?

I love Nando and all, he's my favorite on the grid, but Lewis can show up and do some work without any practice it seems. I hate to admit it, but he is probably the best "driver" right now. He knows what is required on a daily basis to get his car on the top of the grid.... And the only counter argument is "but Paddy Lowe car!!!!"

...Which is reasonable because the Merc cars are stupid good, unless you're Shitsberg, then you just loving suck.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 18, 2016

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GramCracker posted:

I love Nando and all, he's my favorite on the grid,
Same

I really really dont like Lewis, but no matter what the next fastest driver can do, it seems like he can always put in a lap just a little bit faster. Aside from Nico who is in the same car, but whose fortitude can't hold up to what Lewis throws at him.

I only think Lewis struggles when his car is in the pack, as everyone knows the current Merc can't follow.

I guess maybe it's because the Merc never runs all the way turned up, and they can always dial up a little more performance to match Ferrari or whoever challenges them.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
The GP2 feature race has been shambolic.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fumble posted:

The GP2 feature race has been shambolic.

:frogon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Typical GP2 nonsense. Like 5 cars out at T1. Idiots divebombing their own teammates on the inside and crashing out.

There was a crash on the last lap which deployed yellow flags and disabled DRS. Someone was able to slipstream at the very last moment to jump up a position across the finish line, which was pretty cool to see.

No incidents around T8/T9/T10.

td4guy fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 18, 2016

• Locked thread