Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Whoever Trump's VP pick is will be fairly unimpressive and bland since I don't think his ego is going to let him pick anyone who could take the spotlight away from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Trump names himself for VP.

Phobophilia posted:

im sorta convinced that trump wants the prestige of old money, but doesnt fundamentally get how they got that prestige

This is from quite a few pages ago but my understanding of how the "old money" East Coast elite system works is that to even get a foot in the door you have to be third generation rich and Trump is forever excluded because his father was the one who made the fortune.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The Mormons are natural elitists, wary of anti-immigration policies due to their missionary work and make good CIA agents. If anyone is gonna plot a coup d'etat at the convention like Trump was Mohammad Morsi it'll be them.

:munch:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Also the Mormons hate the gently caress out of Trump, more than any other Republican group by far

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hey there, I was wondering if you'd like to freely associate yourself with our cause. we're trying the neg the rnc into a creating joinder with our second amendment liberties at the convention, and I'm hoping you'd be willing to add your thoughts to the blockchain

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

I don't know how Trump keeps topping himself.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
LOL at Ryan and lol at the media for not asking the obvious questions. If Ryan is already talking about policies that are racist and he would loving sue over with his party why should we support that guy? Like you may disagree with HIllary but she's not proposing things you're already admitting are loving illegal.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Squizzle posted:

hey there, I was wondering if you'd like to freely associate yourself with our cause. we're trying the neg the rnc into a creating joinder with our second amendment liberties at the convention, and I'm hoping you'd be willing to add your thoughts to the blockchain

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

MaxxBot posted:

Swords are banned from the convention though, badass renegade Jeb! better find a way to sneak it in.

its a saber, mom, not a sword

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Your RNC rules committee chair, everyone.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Internet Webguy posted:

I'll have what he's vaping.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Grey Fox posted:

Trump probably just saw that picture of him attached to the poll and assumed it was good news.

i want people to start posting poll graphics where trump has the bigger bar or whatever, but he's losing by double digits just to see how long it'd take for him to notice

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

zoux posted:

Your RNC rules committee chair, everyone.

Open the bloodgates

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

TheTatteredKing posted:

Open the bloodgates

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/republican-civil-war-officially-declared-gop-delegates-openly-plot-to-overthrow-trump-at-convention/

quote:

Kendal Unruh, a Republican delegate from Colorado, says that their plan is to stop Trump from becoming the nominee first and then hoping the delegates can then pick a consensus non-Trump candidate afterward.

“This literally is an ‘Anybody but Trump’ movement,” he told the Post. “Nobody has any idea who is going to step in and be the nominee, but we’re not worried about that. We’re just doing that job to make sure that he’s not the face of our party.”

:black101:

Ohtsam fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 17, 2016

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Monkey Fracas posted:

hey guys, you should still vote GOP even if the nominee is a maniac and is a piece of poo poo because darnit the GOP can take care of everything; better than Hillary
This is actually, probably, no poo poo, the best way for the GOP to handle the current situ.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Karl Sharks posted:

i want people to start posting poll graphics where trump has the bigger bar or whatever, but he's losing by double digits just to see how long it'd take for him to notice

He didn't notice that the poll he tweeted about was over a month old so there's no way he's going to pick up on the rest.

http://www.oann.com/pollnational/

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SuperDucky posted:

This is actually, probably, no poo poo, the best way for the GOP to handle the current situ.

Then the game becomes attack ads and reporters quoting some insane thing Trump has said and demanding they agree with it since they support Trump for the highest office in the land. Every day. For 5 months.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I think there's a solid chance the GOP nominee this year has never even been on a debate stage in a presidential election. If they unbind the delegates they can propose whoever they want. You could get Gen. Mattis storming the halls to Enter Sandman blasting. It could be anyone.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/743887348631478272

https://twitter.com/bkamisar/status/743887110004957184

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

Then the game becomes attack ads and reporters quoting some insane thing "I have a great relationship with the blacks" "People are praying for me" Donald "That baby was driving me crazy" Trump has said and demanding they agree with it since they support "I have a great relationship with the blacks" "People are praying for me" Donald "That baby was driving me crazy" Trump for the highest office in the land. Every day. For 5 months.

I don't think you quite grasp just how rabidly racists people in the south irrationally and blindly hate Hilldawg.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/743882024918917120

:stare:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SuperDucky posted:

I don't think you quite grasp just how rabidly racists people in the south irrationally and blindly hate Hilldawg.

If they make him the face of the party, they're locked into their own lovely demographic situation for a generation+. If they oust him, the bleeding stops relatively quickly. They're holding off because they're terrified of change, but I wonder if they're eventually going to realize that they have to change no matter what happens, so they may as well pick the quickest healing wound

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Clinton probably has more people on the ground at Ohio State than Trump does nationally :stare:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Don's dead, baby, Don's dead

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

A couple of weeks ago I would have said, no way will they replace Trump at the convention, it'll enrage too many of his supporters. But now... I mean, they certainly must know by now that they can't win if they run Trump. So if it's a choice between Guaranteed Loser A and Guaranteed Loser B, they might decide it's worth it to dispose of Trump now, while they still have one more chance, before he whips his dick out on live TV or punches a woman square in the face or something.

I mean can you imagine being a GOP leader and facing the prospect of five more months of this?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The counter-revolution will be televised.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Please oh please oh please.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

quote:

The RNC in recent days hired Trump's former political director, Rick Wiley, just weeks after he was fired by the campaign. The move took some of Trump's senior team by surprise, despite the RNC's insistence that it had the campaign's blessing.

can only imagine his first day walking into the office

"how the gently caress do we control this rear end in a top hat?"

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Beautiful. This news coming out at 3:30 on a Friday. Nothing hurts, I'm leaving work and heading to the bar.

e:

RawStory posted:

“This literally is an ‘Anybody but Donald "The American dream is dead" Trump’ movement,” he told the Post. “Nobody has any idea who is going to step in and be the nominee, but we’re not worried about that. We’re just doing that job to make sure that he’s not the face of our party.”

Excellent.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Perhaps Jeb!'s "lose the primary to win the general" plan wasn't so bad after all!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

quote:

For now, the Trump campaign's goal is to figure out by the end of the month who is doing what where, Giorno said.

"We'll be able to execute by July 1," she said. "Mr. Trump insists on hard deadlines."

assassination plot(s) confirmed

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

showbiz_liz posted:

A couple of weeks ago I would have said, no way will they replace Trump at the convention, it'll enrage too many of his supporters. But now... I mean, they certainly must know by now that they can't win if they run Trump. So if it's a choice between Guaranteed Loser A and Guaranteed Loser B, they might decide it's worth it to dispose of Trump now, while they still have one more chance, before he whips his dick out on live TV or punches a woman square in the face or something.

I mean can you imagine being a GOP leader and facing the prospect of five more months of this?

If they change the rules to prevent Trump from taking the candidacy there will be a riot.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This is gonna get ugly when the rest of the nation realizes how fun it is to make fun of this failing rear end in a top hat egoist and how much he hates it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MaxxBot posted:

Perhaps Jeb!'s "lose the primary to win the general" plan wasn't so bad after all!

Ross Douthat will soon be the laugher.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Karl Sharks posted:

Sure, you could just make up a spongy metric like enthusiasm or confidence per voter, or a really narrow category question like "who is most likely to immediately respond to an insult from a foreign diplomat?", and you have Trump winning.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Estimate? Do they not even know themselves? How do they let this poo poo get to the press. Words don't even describe it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Zeroisanumber posted:

If they change the rules to prevent Trump from taking the candidacy there will be a riot.

This already is a riot

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

:f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

youre out of your element donny

• Locked thread