Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

The script had to be written during the last 4 years from scratch, whereas HBS has over 30 years of Battletech history to draw from (not from scratch).

How long does it take to do a find/replace with the terms "Wing Commander" and "Squadron 42"?

Actually, I guess someone has to read through to make sure there's no instance of a wing commander being referred to as a squadron 42, but that still shouldn't take four years.

e: flying catte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Why are you really here? Honestly.

I mean there are more Star Citizen detail spergs in this thread than anywhere else. I don't mean the dreamers who forget previous commitments/comments and have the game built in their head already, but people who have followed this trainwreck for years and know what actually has happened and what has been done/said. This thread has always been more accurate than the INN transcripts, that's why it was spotted here they were inaccurate, so when you guys try pulling damage control you stick out.

I said before you've no interest in discussing the project called Star Citizen, but you'll happily jump on a mechwarrior derail. It's bizarre behaviour and until you stop acting weird people are just going to find you really annoying and tell you to :getout:

Who started the MW derail? It wasn't me - it was you guys. Am I to say, "Nope - please don't ask me those questions. AP and Jon Do and others will get upset that I'm not staying on track?" I have an interest in the project because my money is in the project. Yes. RSI forums are a loving joke. You cannot bring up any point (such as those I made about mismanagement, tone-of-the-top, structured project management, etc) without getting shat on by white knights. Reddit is worse - I don't even bother there. Neogaf wants blood before you can even register an account, so nope. MMORPG? lol. So I tried here, but quickly realized you sought out fresh blood as a punching bag. So yeah - I'm on a quest to openly discuss how I feel that CIG can still pull this off, but I'm kinda left hanging in the evidence department because of the slow pace of progression. I substitute the wasted time with the poo poo filler discussion that's thrown my way.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
why is toast upset? Sc isnt coming out or he did a bad job on the ToS?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

So I tried here, but quickly realized you sought out fresh blood as a punching bag.
So you didn't actually try here. You just dived straight in, making very uninformed excuses for CIG's malpractice and getting all uppety when things did not play you the way you expected.

You chose to make yourself a punching bag. There are others who have come here and integrated just fine, in spite of being far more — and far more explicitly — in favour of CIG than you claim to be.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

skaboomizzy posted:

Crazy thought: maybe if Croberts devoted half as much energy to the actual loving game as he did to his mo-cap wankery, there'd be something actually playable available now.

Actually, if Croberts devoted all his energy to the mo-cap wankery and stopped loving with the actual game, there'd be something actually playable now.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not making excuses for them

Yes you are, Toast.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 17, 2016

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tippis posted:

So you didn't actually try here. You just dived straight in, making very uninformed excuses for CIG's malpractice and getting all uppety when things did not play you the way you expected.

You chose to make yourself a punching bag. There are others who have come here and integrated just fine, in spite of being far more — and far more explicitly — in favour of CIG than you claim to be.

Uppity? No - if something doesn't play out well in the CIG-story, I either accept that or vote with my wallet (read: haven't donated any more). Uppity in terms of conversation? Not really. I've only really just responded/replied.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Who started the MW derail? It wasn't me - it was you guys. Am I to say, "Nope - please don't ask me those questions. AP and Jon Do and others will get upset that I'm not staying on track?" I have an interest in the project because my money is in the project. Yes. RSI forums are a loving joke. You cannot bring up any point (such as those I made about mismanagement, tone-of-the-top, structured project management, etc) without getting shat on by white knights. Reddit is worse - I don't even bother there. Neogaf wants blood before you can even register an account, so nope. MMORPG? lol. So I tried here, but quickly realized you sought out fresh blood as a punching bag. So yeah - I'm on a quest to openly discuss how I feel that CIG can still pull this off, but I'm kinda left hanging in the evidence department because of the slow pace of progression. I substitute the wasted time with the poo poo filler discussion that's thrown my way.

same

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, there were polls about what the community wanted. It's quite possible that they didn't have as clear a direction as they wanted. I'm not making excuses for them - just speculating as are you.

Of your posted comments here, this is amongst the very few sensible ones.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

Uppity? No - if something doesn't play out well in the CIG-story
Yes, uppety. We're not talking about the CIG story. We're talking about your first flailing-about in the thread.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Why would I get upset? The latest thing is you're convinced the script has been finished and you don't even seem to know about the numerous re shoots, one just a couple of weeks ago for new material.

The actual conversation is occurring far above your head. As for your TOS shenanigans, maybe that seemed like a good idea to you at the time but it just shows that you let your "invested" money affect your judgement into posting insane poo poo. So why should anyone take anything you say seriously? Also you lied about your reddit account and probably a dozen other things.

:lurkmore:

https://twitter.com/ghostMonkeyZwei/status/735846025462722560

AP fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 17, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tippis posted:

Or fit in despite being, at times, extremely derpy.

Why is everyone looking at me?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hi there.. I know this is a comedy forum, but can you try and say something unironically funny

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

So yeah - I'm on a quest to openly discuss how I feel that CIG can still pull this off, but I'm kinda left hanging in the evidence department because of the slow pace of progression. I substitute the wasted time with the poo poo filler discussion that's thrown my way.

It would be cool if you would give a hard date on how long you are willing to wait for evidence before conceding that the project is likely non-viable. For instance, your predecessor Octopode said that CIG needed to show a sharp increase in content and optimization over the few months following the release of Alpha in order to keep his faith in the project (where increase in content meant literally dozens of star systems). He genuinely believed that this is what would happen, since "the foundation had already been layed".

He's posted in the thread maybe once since making that prediction.

Similarly Loiosh had the expectation that multi-crew would be functional and fun to play within a few weeks after 2.1 released iirc. It didn't take him long after that to realize he shoulda gotten that refund when he had the chance.

So what's your bar?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

skaboomizzy posted:

Crazy thought: maybe if Croberts devoted half as much energy to the actual loving game as he did to his mo-cap wankery, there'd be something actually playable available now.
I doubt it. In fact, the more he's off playing director and out of everyone else's hair, the better.

If he had decided two years ago that Cryengine wasn't working out and had his team of Cryengine experts build a new engine from scratch while taking into account lessons learned, then SC would be in a better place.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Uppity? No - if something doesn't play out well in the CIG-story, I either accept that or vote with my wallet (read: haven't donated any more). Uppity in terms of conversation? Not really. I've only really just responded/replied.

did anyone say manofmanyanuses yet

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Star Citizen - re: ManofManyAliases posted:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

If CIG stopped exploiting the mentally ill for money, I would stop poo poo posting and buy their lovely bug filled movie game. That actually sounds fun to me. Too bad that'll never happen.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

MoMA do you have any pets?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

did anyone say manofmanyanuses yet

nope youa re the the first gj

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Should we tell Derek his current LoD promotional picture looks like a giant rear end with a Line of DefenceTM buttplug in it?

e: used a civilized image host

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 17, 2016

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

no

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

G0RF posted:

It's funny you should ask...

In a cosmic irony, the racehorse in question apparently raced in competition yesterday, finishing 7th out of 8th.

Sprint Race analyst Eric Winner offered this summary assessment:

:vince:

I didn't get the horse memo, can someone please explain?

So many questions...

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Thoatse posted:

Should we tell Derek his current LoD promotional picture looks like a giant rear end with a Line of DefenceTM buttplug in it?

What a silly question.

No.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

The script had to be written during the last 4 years from scratch, whereas HBS has over 30 years of Battletech history to draw from (not from scratch).

Kind of sad they spend four years writing the most generic poo poo ever and rehashed the plot from wing commander the movie. They should learn to steal from other sources, like their concept artists.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

So I tried here, but quickly realized you sought out fresh blood as a punching bag.

That's not true. Many new posters have received a very friendly welcome. (for example Streetroller, the most ? recent one). You on the hand nearly pulled a Seraph. Do you have forgotten your "COOL Belt Kickstarter" :smug: :justpost:ing. Do I need to remind you how "new" this belt is, and that this kickstarter was just an ad campaign.
Chances are pretty good that SC will be as good a source for smugness as the belt kickstarter. I mean the senior management did have "some" changes. (Producer and Art Director) Those could have turned management issues around, but probably felt like replying to you. So they left, even for worse positions.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Tippis posted:

What a silly question.

No.

Maybe he can make LoD buttplugs a stretch goal.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Thoatse posted:

Maybe he can make LoD buttplugs a stretch goal.

ouch, 115million wide ?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Toast hasn't told us if he pledged for Transverse yet.

:smith:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Thoatse posted:

I didn't get the horse memo, can someone please explain?

So many questions...

There's a horse called Star Citizen I think owned by Saudi princes or something. Also Croberts owned a horse stable at some point. That's all I remember.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

boethius posted:

Drake Dragonfly means that Space Excitebike mode is definitely coming in 2.5 2.6!

Omg loved that game

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Tank Boy Ken posted:

ouch, 115million wide ?

That might be just wide enough to plug Many Anusus.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

MilesK posted:

There's a horse called Star Citizen I think owned by Saudi princes or something. Also Croberts owned a horse stable at some point. That's all I remember.

Is there more on this story? Links? I missed this episode, where do I get caught up?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Thoatse posted:

Is there more on this story? Links? I missed this episode, where do I get caught up?
It was around the time Derek was investigating the Swedish mafia and their connections to Chris.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

It was around the time Derek was investigating the Swedish mafia and their connections to Chris.
I think maybe in the last thread. I remember :eonwe: posting meatball recipes but my memory is hazy.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Thoatse posted:

I looked into it a little bit before and I don't think there's anything really significant there. I think someone in the Saudi royal family is probably a completionist though. If I remember right that horse was bought and named by them right around the time the Kickstarter began.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Thoatse posted:

There was a Sid James twitter account that was heavily into horse racing tweets, it broke some major drama news about Star Citizen, I forget what. Actually it might have been the mafia/money laundering thing.

Also Chris Roberts used to own a horse ranch or something, then it's discovered there's a horse called Star Citizen and it has a sibling called "don't be" or similar.

Seems like this is game of thrones and we're on season 11 and I'm trying to remember episode 3 of season 2.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Thoatse posted:

This just proves that Derek is a true Goon.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MilesK posted:

Thoatse posted:

I don't remember exactly but it might be from the same stable as a horse named Gizmondo.
There was a weird bookie twitter involved too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I saw a request for dogges like 25 pages back so here we go

My little homie Chip made a buddy

• Locked thread