Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Orange Red Bull posted:

I was led to believe by your valued allies that world war bee was a cultural and ideological battle that would not be won until goonswarm federation disbanded and the mittani left the game

I too take things NC. say in local at face value and as the voice of 'the entirety of EVE arrayed against us'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Zephyrine posted:

When GSF starts taking sov after the major MBC Alliances have left. Can that be a new war or will GSF insist that it's still the same war?

Next phase of the same war. What else would it be?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

When GSF starts taking sov after the major MBC Alliances have left. Can that be a new war or will GSF insist that it's still the same war?

Well when GSF left the south after helldunking N3 they crept out from under a rock and dropped TCU's in the collapsing DD territories and claimed victory

So the precedent set forth by the vast majority of MBC alliances is that: yes, when GSF takes sov back they can claim they won world war bee

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

a possible turning point in what war?

The war for the Saranen undock?

Hey man, The War is just another way of referring to the situation right now. A newbie is also asking a question, so could you not

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

I too take things NC. say in local at face value and as the voice of 'the entirety of EVE arrayed against us'.

things ncdot says in local

if anything deserves to be a meme its this

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
I mean, isn't PVP a huge focus in the game? I'm just kind of disappointed with my corp, and I feel like they're not really preparing me for anything since all they've had me do is mine.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Divine Blob posted:

I mean, isn't PVP a huge focus in the game? I'm just kind of disappointed with my corp, and I feel like they're not really preparing me for anything since all they've had me do is mine.

You are being exploited. Drop corp, get out, shoot nerds with goons in one of our various corps.

Or mine but do it with VG

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

you are insanely bitter and stupid

Rust Martialis posted:

Next phase of the same war. What else would it be?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Orange Red Bull posted:

Well when GSF left the south after helldunking N3 they crept out from under a rock and dropped TCU's in the collapsing DD territories and claimed victory

So the precedent set forth by the vast majority of MBC alliances is that: yes, when GSF takes sov back they can claim they won world war bee

But then when some N3 entities claimed victory in the Halloween war that was bull.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

But then when some N3 entities claimed victory in the Halloween war that was bull.

and nobody even gives a poo poo about the territory that was fought over

it was a war about big dicks and supercapitals and we shall never see its like again :ohdear:

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
Yeah, I just keep getting told 'mine this so we can get our rorqual so we can make lots of isk!'

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Divine Blob posted:

Yeah, I just keep getting told 'mine this so we can get our rorqual so we can make lots of isk!'

please flee that place

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

So fellow space-spreadsheet nerds, what is the current state of the Goonion? I stopped playing EvE back in 2009-2010 after our "We just won EvE" implosion in Delve and was thinking about coming back to pew pew. Is it worth coming back?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Divine Blob posted:

If it's in highsec, tell me about it first please.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Divine Blob posted:

Just how much can you steal?

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

DisgracelandUSA posted:

If it's in highsec, tell me about it first please.

It's in null-sec.

Gounads posted:

Just how much can you steal?

And I can't steal anything.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Divine Blob posted:

Time to start talking about what an awesome rorqual pilot you are, and steal the drat thing.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you are insanely bitter and stupid

Pot. Kettle.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Xolve posted:

Time to start talking about what an awesome rorqual pilot you are, and steal the drat thing.

I knew a guy in Gorgon who stole a Rorqual years ago on an awox alt (pure accident). He insured it and the used it to salvage capital ships after fleet fights.

I believe this was back when salvaging capitals was hard because (I think?) if you salvaged a ship and lacked the cargo space for the parts. They just vanished. So very few ships could actually salvage capitals.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

Pot. Kettle.

bitter sure, but especially compared to you im a god drat genius

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
I'll submit an application to Goonswarm then, thanks friends.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xolve posted:

I don't live in k-space, I just go off what I hear from the grapevine :v:

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Divine Blob posted:

It's in null-sec.

What area of null? My opinion is these folks are terrible for EVE if they are just trying to get newer players to be the equivalent of slaves to get materials to make a Rorqual. I would also love to get practice in on hunting people as I am currently pretty poo poo at it.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
I applied and registered onto the forums but I don't see the newbie place, all I see is the EVE Hell dump, is that normal?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Yes its normal. The instructions don't match the current iteration of the forums software, and nobody has fixed this in ages. Just hang tight, they will get your application sorted in a few days assuming you did everything right.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Divine Blob posted:

first you need to decide if you're a real goon or not

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Who was the dude that ripped off the SRP wallet?

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

first you need to decide if you're a real goon or not

if being a real goon entails something more than being told to skill into a procurer and that i need to wait until i have nearly max logi skills to fly logi then id like to become a real one

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Goatman Sacks posted:

Who was the dude that ripped off the SRP wallet?

Wait what? When did this happen?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Bilirubin posted:

Wait what? When did this happen?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4okxbz/revenge_on_da_imperium/

today I guess? It seems it's only ever topped off with 25b for exactly this situation.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Apparently it was hades evilbrood. Seems a pitiful amount to gently caress goons over.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Bilirubin posted:

Yes its normal. The instructions don't match the current iteration of the forums software, and nobody has fixed this in ages. Just hang tight, they will get your application sorted in a few days assuming you did everything right.

Gotcha, thanks.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Divine Blob posted:

It's in null-sec.

And I can't steal anything.

okay, then next best thing, what is the most expensive ship they normally show up to mine in and can you fit a warp scrambler yet?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Orange Red Bull posted:

and nobody even gives a poo poo about the territory that was fought over

it was a war about big dicks and supercapitals and we shall never see its like again :ohdear:

If you want a vision of the future of nullsec warfare, imagine three frigates, fighting a cruiser on a gate, forever.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Helicon One posted:

If you want a vision of the future of nullsec warfare, imagine three frigates, fighting a cruiser on a gate, forever.

This sounds like a lovely knockoff version of the movie "Groundhog Day"

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that dude's sa name is the same as his reddit name btw, and he actually did a bunch of real reimbursements since april so his story is utter horseshit :ms:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Weird, I don't recall ever seeing that name ever, I figured it was a pseudonym.

Well consider me rused.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Helicon One posted:

okay, then next best thing, what is the most expensive ship they normally show up to mine in and can you fit a warp scrambler yet?

Mainly procurers, and occasionally some of the dudes in the alliance will be flying a skiff.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Divine Blob posted:

Mainly procurers, and occasionally some of the dudes in the alliance will be flying a skiff.

Would you mind telling me which alliance and which region? If they are nearby I might give them a visit :getin:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Divine Blob posted:

There are at least three in the game right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

frozenpussy posted:

There are at least three in the game right now.

I went with this one.

Thatim posted:

Would you mind telling me which alliance and which region? If they are nearby I might give them a visit :getin:

They run pretty quick when a neut comes into the system, but they're actually having a mining op in like ten minutes, so if you're still interested.

Divine Blob fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 17, 2016

• Locked thread