Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Saoshyant posted:

Eh, I'd withhold judgement until it actually releases in Japan. It's got a good writer working on it at least.
I'm still hoping that it'll at least be fun, and i'll get it if only because the combat system is not just the same old, however their demo videos show the game running at 15-25 fps, dropping to the lower end more than it stayed near the upper end.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can anyone who has played the xcom port verify if it's decent? I'm guessing pretty much The same as the phone versions?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Depends on how you define decent. Framerate is horrible, loading times long, and occasionally it crashes. But other than that it does its thing as a not-quite-x-com game.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Nyeehg posted:

Speaking of rhythm games on the vita, I'm a fan and was wondering if I've missed any. Here's the ones I do have/have played:

Deemo Last recital
Superbeat Sonic
Project Diva f 1 & 2
Taiko no Tatsujin V
Lumines
IA/VT Colorful

Am I missing any good rhythm games? I know I don't have project diva x but I'm waiting on the European release.
DJ max technika tune.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

Can anyone who has played the xcom port verify if it's decent? I'm guessing pretty much The same as the phone versions?

Graphics are lousy, framerate is lousy, loading times are lousy, it crashes randomly. still great fun if you like the game, and after a while I didn't mind the technical shortcomings all that much - still, it doesn't have all the DLC (no Operation Slingshot or Furies for you), no regional voices (all American English) and some of the maps can get rather repetitive (I suppose the pool has been shrunk in order to accommodate the Vita?).

I've been playing the game for many hours now and I'd recommend it if you know what you're getting into - it's still the same, only looks and runs worse that any other version :)

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Takoluka posted:

Hack your Vita, and play StepMania on the PSP side.
Speaking of, why isn't there a Pump It Up! game on the Vita?

I know it's not the same as playing in an arcade but still. :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

That's not on Diva X if that's the game you are asking. It's on Mirai on the 3DS, though.

gently caress!!!!!!!!!

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Technika Tune, also ,just wait for the arcade port of miku that doesn't have the weird project diva models and it has a much larger song array

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Super No Vacancy posted:

gently caress!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdwlyRrHmQk

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Txn posted:

PIU tried the console market with the Xbox at the peak of DDR's console popularity, which was just like trying to release IIDX during the Guitar Hero boom. At that point, they just kinda wrote it off and stuck with the arcades.

I *think* that the SM build for PSP has basic, pre-NX support. A homebrew SM5 for Vita would be phenomenal.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Lucky bastard.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I love this twitter account.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want it in glorious ps4 hd

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This thread reminded me of Miracle Girls now I have a copy on on the way, thanks

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

This thread reminded me of Miracle Girls now I have a copy on on the way, thanks

It's good.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

ayy

Aren't they notoriously fragile, though? Like, they corrupt if you look at them even if you have it hand-delivered by Sony personnel?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Outside of some people complaining on Reddit there's no indication that the failure rate is greater than any other size of memory card.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

If Vita means bagel, the memory cards are the sore cream.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Considering the 64GB cards can only come from resellers in Japan/HongKong, they could be getting hit randomly with some scanner looking for bombs/drugs that fries some of the internal electronics.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Txn posted:

There actually were two Pump it Up games for PSP, Korea only, ports of Exceed and Zero. I can imagine trying to make a control scheme for a diagonal arrows game work on a + d-pad and buttons would lead to quite the learning curve.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Saoshyant posted:

If Vita means bagel, the memory cards are the sore cream.

Just when I think I've heard the weirdest things to put on food...

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Note to self: don't rely on autocorrect when you aren't sure how a word is spelt in English.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait...were you trying to say sour cream? O_o

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

americans put cream cheese on bagels, sour cream is the stuff we sometimes dump on mexican food or w/e

zenintrude posted:

Was ~just~ on sale at Best Buy for $20/$16 for the regular and $40/$32 for the CE

yeah but I only get digital vita games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still haven't taken Persona 4 Golden out of the vita card slot since *checks wikipedia* November 20, 2012

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Is there any way of charging a Vita 1000 with micro USB? Some sort of adapter? I don't really want to buy a 2000 just for such an arbitrary change.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Megalixir posted:

Is there any way of charging a Vita 1000 with micro USB? Some sort of adapter? I don't really want to buy a 2000 just for such an arbitrary change.

Guess what, buddy

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Megalixir posted:

If your issue is that the cable you already got won't charge off any port, here's an adapter that'll fix that by shorting out the pins that make i.e. your pc think it's a data cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y3L5RI/

If your cable just broke, there's tons of after-market cables on amazon.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mithaldu posted:

If your issue is that the cable you already got won't charge off any port, here's an adapter that'll fix that by shorting out the pins that make i.e. your pc think it's a data cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y3L5RI/

If your cable just broke, there's tons of after-market cables on amazon.

can confirm this works, also lol@sony for needing this. I mean I guess the 3ds has a proprietary charger too but at least it doesn't tease you

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So it turns out Atelier Sophie compares DLC between the PS4 and Vita versions of the game when performing network load. Any missing DLC (such as the Pre-Order exclusive Aqua Suit, 4 item BGM pack, or digital exclusive item pack) will give an error message that the DLC is incompatible.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well trails of cold steel is on sale on psn for half the price that I paid for it last week, but I did get a nice case and cool art book so I can't complain

also the game seems cool so far, tho I haven't played it much yet because overwatch

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Megalixir posted:

Iirc it will charge normally if you power the vita completely off I.e. hold down the power button and full shutdown

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

i want it in glorious ps4 hd

It'll probably be in colorful tone which comes out in a couple days.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is that the upcoming ps4 one because that's the one i want

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I almost bought trails of cold steel but then I didn't

sorry, gamers

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ruggington posted:

sorry, gamers

this isn't okay

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I preordered miku ps4 but theres no 300 dollar version with a statuette....

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ruggington posted:

sorry, gamers

it's ok, as long as you play trails in the sky to make up for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I did buy Trails of Cold Steel. I'm still in the intro. Is there anything the game doesn't make obvious that I should know so I won't be kicking myself later?