Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I think it's real, the quote about the lung is in the Memory Alpha page for Before and After :psyduck:

Voyager is still largely junk but lol at how Neelix never forgot that the cap'n gave his lungs away, lol

And in all the years they were in the Delta Quadrant the Doctor never bothered to learn how to make him a new lung. But he did learn how to gently caress :riker:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I want to believe that this is actually Ethan Philips passive-aggressively trying to keep the show's continuity.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Worst Star Trek ever. Especially when they "broke the Warp 10 barrier," which would have required infinite energy and meant that they occupied every point in the the universe simultaneously.

Of course, after breaking the Warp 10 barrier, without infinite energy, the chief consequence was a crew member turning into a fish.

Edit

This post should be read as me making fun of myself for knowing all of this. Thanks.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Tectonis posted:

And in all the years they were in the Delta Quadrant the Doctor never bothered to learn how to make him a new lung. But he did learn how to gently caress :riker:

One of the episodes where they're sending the doctor back to the alpha quadrant 7 of 9 is cutting useless extra poo poo out of his program and he gets all huffy and she's like "Do you really need your subroutines for boning??"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it always comes back to threshold after a few posts about voyager

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I can't find any information that says the new TV series will take place in the JJTrek universe. In fact, several sources say it will be completely unrelated to the latest movie at least.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
I'm curious, what time is it supposed to be set in, if it isn't JJTrek related? I've seen people talking about it being between Enterprise and TOS, and between TOS and TNG, but I haven't found much more.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I've been catching up on Star Trek Continues and what's a little hosed up is I think it's actually better than the JJ movies. And it's a fan film series. Dang, dude.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I want to believe that this is actually Ethan Philips passive-aggressively trying to keep the show's continuity.

me too, but from what i've heard star trek was pretty aggressively against ad-libbing on set

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Met posted:

I can't find any information that says the new TV series will take place in the JJTrek universe. In fact, several sources say it will be completely unrelated to the latest movie at least.

Good.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Tom Paris is going to be at a con I'm going to tomorrow and he wants $55 for autographs

like, dude

you weren't even on one of the good shows

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Tell him he was the only good thing about the show and then take a picture

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

Maybe Geordi would have gotten space laid if his pickup line wasn't "so I just got through reading your personal logs, and..."

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Police Automaton posted:

Tell him he was the only good thing about the show and then take a picture

We could get the whole collection!!!!

Well, we'd have to wait for Kes to get out of prison, but still.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Tom Paris is going to be at a con I'm going to tomorrow and he wants $55 for autographs

like, dude

you weren't even on one of the good shows

Tell him he turned your brother into a fish, and have him sign the fish.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Autographs are some creepy and so are the people that want them.

Just shout some verbal abuse at him from a distance and snap his reaction. Far more modern and civilized. Plus you could easily make $55 yourself if he gets angry enough to get on TMZ.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

ZombieLenin posted:

Worst Star Trek ever. Especially when they "broke the Warp 10 barrier," which would have required infinite energy and meant that they occupied every point in the the universe simultaneously.

Of course, after breaking the Warp 10 barrier, without infinite energy, the chief consequence was a crew member turning into a fish.

Insanely, that's not even the dumbest part of that episode. That consequence was trivial for the doctor to reverse. They never consider just going for it and just having the doctor fix them. Or putting the crew in a status field which would by definition prevent them from changing. Or auto piloting the shuttlecraft to place a chain of transporter boosters so they could just beam back to the alpha quadrant at warp 9.99999. Or working out a shield or something to protect them.

It would be like if someone invented a panacea that could cure every cancer but it turns out made your skin kind of dry so you'd have to moisturise every day so the entire project is totally abandoned

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

shadow puppet of a posted:

Just shout some verbal abuse at him from a distance and snap his reaction. Far more modern and civilized. Plus you could easily make $55 yourself if he gets angry enough to get on TMZ.

My friend got Levar Burton to sign his flask

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

shadow puppet of a posted:

:agreed:

The only time it would make sense would be if you had a real prop phaser or something and wanted to get a few signatures on it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
About to watch Insurrection for the first time since it came out.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

About to watch Insurrection for the first time since it came out.

Don't do it you have so much to live for!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
All I remember about it was a hologram ship, I hope it's good!

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

All I remember about it was a hologram ship, I hope it's good!

Is that the one with the amazing Frakes/Sirtis commentary?

EDIT:

Neelix's Lung :getin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX1i3buWwUk

Blood Shart fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 18, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Insurrection is weird in that it's not actually bad necessarily, but there is no reason for it to be it's own film. It's just a normal episode of the show but it takes twice as long to play out and has higher production values.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Tectonis posted:

EDIT:

Neelix's Lung :getin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX1i3buWwUk

Ahaha, I love it.

I'm sorry I ever doubted it but given Voyager's writers it's really above and beyond expectations.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Whoa, watch out for this alien dude, he killed Mozart!

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Tectonis posted:

indeed

sirtis: "the pointy ships are always bad"

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Whoa, watch out for this alien dude, he killed Mozart!

Mozart, Salieri and Glorku of the Nextraxis IV.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

VectorSigma posted:

indeed

sirtis: "the pointy ships are always bad"

This should be on every final exam at Starfleet Academy.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

*the Narada emerges from a black hole time rift*

science officer: "sir, sensors are reading a pointyness factor of 9.98!"
kirk's dad: "gtfo, warp 8"

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

VectorSigma posted:

*the Narada emerges from a black hole time rift*

science officer: "sir, sensors are reading a pointyness factor of 9.98!"
kirk's dad: "gtfo, warp 8"

At pointy factor 10 does the ship become a fractal?

JJTrek Borg Cube:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Chomp8645 posted:

Insurrection is weird in that it's not actually bad necessarily, but there is no reason for it to be it's own film. It's just a normal episode of the show but it takes twice as long to play out and has higher production values.

That is exactly what the movie felt like. It wasn't as awful as I remembered, but First Contact is a hard act to follow.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Oops

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
im the butchered moby dick quote

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Met posted:

the real reason it's unlikely that it would be related to jjtrek is because cbs and paramount are two separate entities and they each have their own section of the star trek franchise

if it's movies, paramount owns it

and if it's TV, CBS owns it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
all hail the free market

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
hail satan

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000