Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean "~TECHNICALLY~" is still unfinished so the LP is forever unfinished as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Starfox's real play value has always come from the various paths through the game anyway. I squeezed a lot of time out of 64 just trying for as many variations in paths through the game as possible. I think it was Nintendo Power that published a pretty neat list of all the different paths through the game, including the favorite paths of Miyamoto and a few other guys.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Castlevania is like 2 videos.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Viridiant posted:

Starfox's real play value has always come from the various paths through the game anyway. I squeezed a lot of time out of 64 just trying for as many variations in paths through the game as possible. I think it was Nintendo Power that published a pretty neat list of all the different paths through the game, including the favorite paths of Miyamoto and a few other guys.

That was from the Nintendo/Nintendo Power-produced strategy guide, which among other things also had a bunch of lore for each location that I thought was pretty neat.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Viridiant posted:

But in the end it's (mostly) just the same levels, just in a shuffled order. You'd do the same by having a level select with a random button.

I just never really got all the Star Fox love, even as a kid. 64 was a fun game, but not anything I put more than a handful of hours into, and nothing they've done since has really expanded on the ideas in it well. The new one's kind of the worst about that, it's just Star Fox, Again! With really lovely new gimmicks like really lovely gyro aiming (which is nuts because the same company made Splatoon, which loving nailed that) and a few new badly controlled gimmicks like the chicken walker drone!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I like Nintendo's sci-i stuff and eagerly await a new non-spinoff Metroid and F-Zero.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

But in the end it's (mostly) just the same levels, just in a shuffled order. You'd do the same by having a level select with a random button.

I just never really got all the Star Fox love, even as a kid. 64 was a fun game, but not anything I put more than a handful of hours into, and nothing they've done since has really expanded on the ideas in it well. The new one's kind of the worst about that, it's just Star Fox, Again! With really lovely new gimmicks like really lovely gyro aiming (which is nuts because the same company made Splatoon, which loving nailed that) and a few new badly controlled gimmicks like the chicken walker drone!

Personally as someone who could never get the hang of the Splatoon gyro aiming I had no problem with Star Fox Zero's controls :shrug:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh sweet Salty Bet's another tournament

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man that last Star Fox update is a bit of a downer.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Maybe it's because I'm down on Woolie in general lately but he's pretty insufferable in the latest Saltybet video

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

This barbarian video feels like those dating games from XBLIG decided on another direction.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"The Biggest Bet Embiggens The Smallest Man" Pat's bringing solid quotes for this saltybet.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Gyro aiming in Star Fox Zero is sick. I should try it out in Splatoon sometime.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

Maybe it's because I'm down on Woolie in general lately but he's pretty insufferable in the latest Saltybet video

Yes and steel yourself.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
These saltybet videos are p not good, yeah

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I enjoy betting bison dollars along with the bestfriends.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Gyro aiming in Star Fox Zero is sick. I should try it out in Splatoon sometime.

I'm glad you've discovered literally the only way to play splatoon

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I kinda want to see them do a whole playthrough of Age of Barbarian.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Baal posted:

These saltybet videos are p not good, yeah
The saltybet videos are fun and I enjoy them

doos
Jan 1, 2015

The only issue I've had with the SB videos was due to sync.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Have they learned how gambling works yet?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nier is getting PATRICK FUCCBOIVIN to shut the gently caress up and listen to the dialogue. What an amazing game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I regret sleeping on the box art critique. every one of these is fantastic.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I explicitly recall seeing Matt ask slowbeef for a program that can let him draw on footage as it's being streamed, and I never imagined it would have such amazing applications.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Boxart Critique is legit great and I want them to get more of their artist friends in on it too

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

lol about 24 mins in the saltybet video i noticed someone in chat mentioned TBFP and how they 'ruined jo-jo' by making it 'mainstream'

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
People who stop liking a thing because more people are enjoying it and they're not special anymore might just be the worst

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Indecisive posted:

lol about 24 mins in the saltybet video i noticed someone in chat mentioned TBFP and how they 'ruined jo-jo' by making it 'mainstream'

JoJo, the only manga that has been shown at the Louvre and was also used in an ad campaign for Gucci, is definitely not mainstream

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The SBFP ruined Jojo by showing it at the Louvre.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
When you think about it, in the end Jojo was ultimately ruined by Araki because he made it TOO cool and good.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sony's dominating presentation this year at E3 was surely a far cry from their conference 10 years ago, I heard.

Could someone tell me what that was about? What were the zaibatsu's reactions at the time?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Spoilers for the last few HR episodes: I'm gonna be real fuckin pissed if the Hyron bullshit becomes a recurring plot point in the sequel(s) because every aspect of that poo poo was dumb as hell.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Sony's dominating presentation this year at E3 was surely a far cry from their conference 10 years ago, I heard.

Could someone tell me what that was about? What were the zaibatsu's reactions at the time?

there were video games

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
One of them had Norman Reedus and a baby

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Matt and Pat marked the gently caress out over being able to star trek

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

People who stop liking a thing because more people are enjoying it and they're not special anymore might just be Al-Bhed dogs!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I just realized the Deus Ex LP is nearing 40 episodes. No wonder Pat is loopy as gently caress, how the hell is it that long.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I hope people are wrong about BotW being after the sea from WW drains away as that totally undermines the ending of Wind Waker.

drawing a line in the sand over the themes and story beats of this Zelda game

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tae posted:

I just realized the Deus Ex LP is nearing 40 episodes. No wonder Pat is loopy as gently caress, how the hell is it that long.

Missing link being reborted into the directors cut has to do with that. The last zone is like an episode and a half probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I hope people are wrong about BotW being after the sea from WW drains away as that totally undermines the ending of Wind Waker.

drawing a line in the sand over the themes and story beats of this Zelda game

Isn't Spirit Tracks set after WW? Is the ocean still a thing in that game.