Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

McAlister posted:

Mayor of Charleston West Virginia is de-registering as a Republican because of Trump:

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news-politics/20160617/after-45-years-danny-jones-leaves-republican-party

He's probably also fleeing the state before it collapses, i'd imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

No one. Literally no on is running it.

paul manafort is running it. and he is not no one

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

paul manafort is running it. and he is not no one

And I'm sure Lewandowski is trying to wrestle whatever control he can from him at the same time.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/743991478532247554/photo/1

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Political self-insert fan fiction is here

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

If Trump's entrance song at the RNC isn't "All I Do Is Win" then someone hosed up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

How do Trump fans even find this inspiring anymore?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

WampaLord posted:

If Trump's entrance song at the RNC isn't "All I Do Is Win" then someone hosed up.

This s how democracy falls. Not with a bang, but a club banger!

Edit: holy poo poo it is inspired

"All I do is win win win no matter what
Got money on my mind I can never get enough
And every time I step up in the buildin'
Everybody hands go up
And they stay there "

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

KirbyKhan posted:

This s how democracy falls. Not with a bang, but a club banger!

Edit: holy poo poo it is inspired

"All I do is win win win no matter what
Got money on my mind I can never get enough
And every time I step up in the buildin'
Everybody hands go up
And they stay there "

I think this or Luda's Move Bitch would both work pretty well.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Lemming posted:

Political self-insert fan fiction is here

I can't believe this is real.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump fans are very, very dumb

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

WampaLord posted:

Replace "Tebow" with "Trump" and you could use this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUUPNzF3-2Q

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

showbiz_liz posted:

I can't believe this is real.

This is the kind of thing Hollywood nixes in dystopian sci-fi scripts for being too unrealistic and over the top.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Is there a source for that transcript? I want to share it around but I've been burned by "unsourced screenshot of supposed quote" before so it'd be nice to confirm that this feeling of horror deep in my soul is based on reality.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

DemeaninDemon posted:

You vastly overestimate the fraction of his supporters who would actually get off their fat rear end.

Example: All the patriots that rushed to Malheur, OR.

Easier to be keyboard warriors.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Slate Action posted:

50 or so NeverTrump delegates means nothing. They need 1237+ to actually unseat him, and they won't even come close even if they can unbind the delegates.

Out of morbid curiosity, all delegates actually have to cast a vote, right?
Discounting Trump suing the RNC or the individual delegate, is there anything actually preventing a bound delegate from just going, "gently caress you buddy," and picking someone else?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Is there video of this yet?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Mister Macys posted:

Out of morbid curiosity, all delegates actually have to cast a vote, right?
Discounting Trump suing the RNC or the individual delegate, is there anything actually preventing a bound delegate from just going, "gently caress you buddy," and picking someone else?

In 2012 a handful of delegates pledged to Romney mutinied and voted for Ron Paul instead at the convention, but their votes were counted for Romney anyway. Pretty sure it's the same way now, the vote during the roll call is a mere formality.

If I'm wrong about this, someone please correct me.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

I really want to see Trump say he was a Hillary plant for some last ditch media attention. Not because it makes him look good or be at all true, but because it might embarrass Hillary and get people talking about him when stupidity and racism get diminishing returns.

Although at that point, it'd probably be just as effective to say there's good aliens and bad aliens from Saturn, and Christie is one of the good aliens.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

showbiz_liz posted:

Is there a source for that transcript? I want to share it around but I've been burned by "unsourced screenshot of supposed quote" before so it'd be nice to confirm that this feeling of horror deep in my soul is based on reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhV1F0j3XI
around 2:08:30 is where the quoted part starts

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhV1F0j3XI
around 2:08:30 is where the quoted part starts

That video isn't that long?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trabisnikof posted:

Much like Trump.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Much like Trump.

it's a proportionality thing; his hands make everything else gigantic

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

WINNING?! THAT'S A GOOD THING!

I LIKE GOOD THINGS!

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

it's 2:25:45 for me

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Someone really needs to edit in the Howard Dean scream. :allears:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Killing feels like winning.

Or would that be the other way around?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WampaLord posted:

All I could think of is

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

The one kernel of truth in his spiel is that no matter what, there would be a section of the American Public that could not take anyone having anything nice, even if they got that nice thing as well. A gently caress You, Got Mine Crab mentality against some other having anything easy or getting what they want. Unfortunately for Trump, that's the sort of people he's preaching to. So I could believe that Conservatives would flip out if Republican God suddenly appeared and all their GOP ideals and methods and beliefs were validated and the world turned into a fantasy 1950 Wonderland of White People living on top, deviants not existing and everything being nice and simple. Because what would they have to complain about then, huh Mr. Trump?!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

TVarmy posted:

I really want to see Trump say he was a Hillary plant for some last ditch media attention. Not because it makes him look good or be at all true, but because it might embarrass Hillary and get people talking about him when stupidity and racism get diminishing returns.

Although at that point, it'd probably be just as effective to say there's good aliens and bad aliens from Saturn, and Christie is one of the good aliens.

The EVE-O J4G/Troll "puppetmaster defense" would totally be in keeping with Trump's never back down style.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

WampaLord posted:

I imagine it would be something like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bNXcgqrV2U

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Don't get cocky.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN0Z32BX

quote:

Clinton's lead over Trump slips after Florida shooting: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Donald Trump chipped away at Hillary Clinton's lead in the presidential race this week, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday, as the candidates clashed over how to respond to the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

The poll, conducted from Monday to Friday, showed Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee, with a 10.7 point lead among likely voters over Trump, her likely Republican rival in the November presidential election. That's down from a lead of 14.3 points for Clinton on Sunday, the day an American-born shooter who declared allegiance to militant group Islamic State killed 49 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

Trump seized on the attack to sharpen his security proposals, saying he would block immigration to the United States from any country with a "proven history of terrorism" against America and its allies if elected. The pledge fine-tuned an earlier vow, made after the attacks last year in Paris and California, to ban the entry of all Muslims into the United States.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Show me an Electoral Map.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

I love you and so does Hillary.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Dexo posted:

Show me an Electoral Map.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/MR9em

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oh, I was wondering where CelestialScribe had wandered off to.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Clinton having a mere ten point lead is the gold standard for Arzying now?

Edit: It's technically An Electoral Map, to be sure!

A Man With A Plan posted:

I think this or Luda's Move Bitch would both work pretty well.

Going for the obvious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A (because it's a good song)

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Antti posted:

Clinton having a mere ten point lead is the gold standard for Arzying now?

Edit: It's technically An Electoral Map, to be sure!

Going for the obvious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A (because it's a good song)

Explain why this map isn't a viable path for Trump to win.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

With his current tanked favorability with women, Trump has no map to victory, and he will never have one until he fixes this. Everything else is just window dressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

CelestialScribe posted:

Explain why this map isn't a viable path for Trump to win.

Because you throw a bunch of random states where Trump is trailing in the polls to him for no good reason?

• Locked thread