Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I think it's actually Hastet-Om who is immortal and she's just leeching off of his immortality with the ball fruits.

She Perished him, but not the ful blown instant tree she can do now. More like roots crawling out of every orifice, then interred him and a nice tree came out of the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

nimby posted:

I think it's actually Hastet-Om who is immortal and she's just leeching off of his immortality with the ball fruits.

I hope that something like this is the case since gives Mottom some agency. The way she's crowed on and on about how godhood is a trap that twists you into a monster rings quite hollow. It would be kind of a letdown if, at the end of the day, she was just the long-suffering victim of her half-dead husband and nothing else.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

JT Jag posted:

I'm guessing Hastet-Om basically cursed Mottom in the process of dying, and she now depends on his fruits in order to (best case scenario) keep up appearances and maintain her empire, being immortal but ancient otherwise or (worst case scenario) she is constantly rapidly aging and depends on the fruit to live, and she probably was closer to a 'normal' ageless immortal before she actually had a Key.

I think it just plays into her earlier self-hatred. "I must glimmer eternally", so that the underlings and the carrion who rule her vast empire for her know who's in charge and dont get ideas.

That, or maybe her husband taking concubines every time she got a grey hair really hosed her up egotistically. Or both. :v:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

JT Jag posted:

I'm guessing Hastet-Om basically cursed Mottom in the process of dying, and she now depends on his fruits in order to (best case scenario) keep up appearances and maintain her empire, being immortal but ancient otherwise or (worst case scenario) she is constantly rapidly aging and depends on the fruit to live, and she probably was closer to a 'normal' ageless immortal before she actually had a Key.

the horrifying magical equivalent of "YOU THINK YOU DON'T NEED ME, YOU BITCH? I'LL SHOW YOU"

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Oh cool this comic has a thread. I discovered it about three months ago and I'm pretty :stare: about this whole thing.

Personally I hope she goes for the nuclear option over this bullshit.

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.

Demiurge4 posted:

Oh cool this comic has a thread. I discovered it about three months ago and I'm pretty :stare: about this whole thing.

Personally I hope she goes for the nuclear option over this bullshit.

The Aesma Option

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Old Man Mozz posted:

The Aesma Option

Good album title.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

hello we are Aesma Option and this is a song we wrote called gently caress All This poo poo

*Entire band charges the pit and begins using their instruments as melee weapons*

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
That sounds frighteningly plausible.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if the reason why Mammon is described as both the weakest of the Seven and a monster is because he was the one who got his Key stolen by Cio and it severely hosed him up to have lost it even for a little while.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
I like how Solomon David is mirrored in our reality with the Book of Solomon, while Mottom is stuck with Little Shop of Horrors.

The chapter even has a sadistic motorcyclist and his black-eye bearing lady-friend.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cryophage posted:

I like how Solomon David is mirrored in our reality with the Book of Solomon, while Mottom is stuck with Little Shop of Horrors.

The chapter even has a sadistic motorcyclist and his black-eye bearing lady-friend.

goddamn

pumped for TEETH guy's dramatic reappearance too now

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update.

Nadia is... Not doing well. Wow.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

:stare:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
But Aesma is pretty happy!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mister Olympus posted:

Q: What do you do when you're bad at fighting in the ocean?

A: Beat up the ocean until it is no longer an ocean.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
you guuuys

SexyBlindfold posted:

I would hope that no character who has either committed, is still committing, or is planning to commit large scale galactic genocide would count as a Good Guy!! Or at least not unless they feel kinda bad about it!!!

Mom-Om feels bad about all that galactic genocide and cosmic supercrimes against panhumanity ok :smith:

e: Oh I get it now. Nadia is going to give her Goku to Allison. This is how Allison gets her first Goku.

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 18, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

JT Jag posted:

Oh, so it's the worst case scenario then

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I'm trying to think how Allison could get things in order once she takes Mottom's Goku.

"Hey you shitheads. I have, like, a lot of stuff on my plate right now but once I come back I'm turning everybody who's still doing evil poo poo into a loving tree"

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
This went in a direction I did not expect!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Mister Olympus posted:

~when u ask ur bf to prom and he says yes~ (✿◠‿◠)
~when u turn urself into an unholy netherbeast limo so ur bf can ride u~ (✿◕‿◕)
~when the sky bleeds open and u arrive at prom w fire in ur wake, the word of conquest in your brow and the wailing of the innocent clouding the air as if a celestial choir~ (✿ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
this comic is loving amazing

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If allison had the courage she would raze that tree and go on.

gently caress, the angels seems like the reasonable ones now.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Korgan posted:

Moving in with Mottom, gonna eat a lot of peaches
I'm moving in with Mottom, I'm gonna eat me a lot of peaches
I'm moving in with Mottom I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches
Moving in with Mottom I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches

Peaches come from a man
Who eats women every day
In a palace in the sky

And if I had my little way
I'd run screaming far away
Blood-soaked peaches for more time

Moving in with Mottom, gonna eat a lot of peaches
I'm moving in with Mottom, I'm gonna eat me a lot of peaches
I'm moving in with Mottom, I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches
Moving in with Mottom, I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches

I took a little look where the roots all twist
Watched them pour blood down his throat
Seriously Mottom what the gently caress
No I'm not singing anymore this is hosed up what the hell woman seriously, no for real this is bad, what the gently caress were you thinking

Hey, so I feel I should come clean here. When I see a post in this thread that I find funny, I post it over on the K6BD page that inspired it. They've gotten a lot of positive responses. I'd like to keep doing this but I kind of want permission. Y'all cool with this?

In future I'll call myself "SA Plagiarist" so credit goes this way.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
39 Something Awful Goon Posts Endlessly

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Holy poo poo Nadia.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

JT Jag posted:

39 Something Awful Goon Posts Endlessly
I dunno if this is the worst angel this thread has come up with, but it's definitely the Correct name Grand Prize Winner should be using.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Ahaha wow that was unexpected. :stare:

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Hey, so I feel I should come clean here. When I see a post in this thread that I find funny, I post it over on the K6BD page that inspired it. They've gotten a lot of positive responses. I'd like to keep doing this but I kind of want permission. Y'all cool with this?

In future I'll call myself "SA Plagiarist" so credit goes this way.

Dunno about the others but feel free to use my lovely rewrite, it took me like two minutes. I doubt you're the first person who'll repost funny things somewhere else, at least you're asking permission now. :v:

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Legitimately wasn't expecting that -- I knew Abaddon said that none of the Demiurges were particularly happy people, but I thought Mottom would at least be a little better at disguising it. Maybe it's just because Allison is the Prophesied Conqueror who actually could unseat her, so she's seen an opportunity to abandon a life that she hates without having to destabilize the balance of the Seven Part World to do it?

Although that runs into the issue of the fact that Allison probably wouldn't want to continue the Om Family tradition of galacticide.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm still glad Allison doesn't buy any of her poo poo for a second.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Yeah, I wasn't expecting the arc to end with Mottom begging for a mercy-killing.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kill six billion inner demons

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I read somewhere else that this might be one of the more interesting ways of characterizing something based on gluttony - Mottom's behavior is compulsive, she's unable to stop even though she knows it's wrong and it's killing her in extremely obvious ways.

I kind of want to see Mammon more than ever just to see how his excess contrasts with hers. Hellhound's got no time for angst, he has his mind on his money and money on his mind.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Things I like about the current page: the last panel where Mottom has super-old fingers contrasting with her young face.

Things I like about the currect Aesma chapter: that the Red Eyed King rides Aesma before marriage, thus confirming that he is, in fact, Bad News.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so one of the things that's actually going to allow Allison to actually get this prophesied job done is that all of these idiots are going to pour their guts out to her because she's just a girl and thus can't be the Heir.

Seven Demiurges Desperate for Shoulder to Cry On.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I enjoy this K6BD page where a character grabs another character and rants at them.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I'm honestly surprised how nuanced and human of a character Nadia is. We pretty much abridged 2 seasons of breaking bad in like 15 pages.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

"The days are like water" was a really interesting line to me. Having existed an impossible amount of time for a human must have a warping effect on a person's mind. And also the demiurges were described as insane by White Chain, too. It is probably a real struggle for her to maintain what lucidity she has.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I wonder how much her cognition is affected by her age. In other words, does she only feel this way when she's her young self?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Who could have known that living of the fruits of a murder tree could have such terrible consequences!!