Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

please do not do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I did actually end up having a chat about bernie but it was more like i was in a hipster pub and it came up from someone who wasnt me who was somehow waaaay more into bernie than me. Still fun

G.C. Furr III
Mar 30, 2016

shoulda preached the gospel of Marx m8

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Classic Comrade posted:

the first weezer album, is still a good album, in my opinion. especially in the summer.

everything after that i couldn't care less about tho

:agreed:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Anyone who does not turn all of their conversations into commentaries on class struggle is a filthy capitalist and will be first against the wall

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Schnorkles posted:

Anyone who does not turn all of their conversations into commentaries on class struggle is a filthy capitalist and will be first against the wall

this includes online forums so enjoy the lime pit mother fucker

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
yo homework explainer your anti-imperialism thread is really interesting

i don't know enough about any of it to really have a concrete opinion either way on a lot of what's being thrown about (so far i think i'm siding with the people who don't agree with your solution but mostly agree with your introductory premise), but it's a good and readable debate.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Just planted my herb garden :)

I hope the weird weather doesn't kill it.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

How long before you can smoke the herbs

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i liked that one post on the last page, the one about the little red book and whatnot

i was talking to a girl on this trip, getting to know her, drinking with her and poo poo, and finally on day three it emerges that she's married, she just doesnt wear a ring. thats cool in one sense, but in another sense it is Pretty loving Annoying

i did get her number tho she said she'd invite me to pub trivia and music on the park and all that bullshit so hopefully i made a friend and get to meet people and all that normcore meatspace poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwsBYoInVJo

someone told me i made a funny pissed off face when she first said 'husband', i should learn to control my facial expressions. im guessing it was like a curb your enthusiasm end scene kind of face, that was the way it felt

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 23:30 on Jun 18, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
well do you want to be a gigolo or don't you

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

well ill be a platonic friend. cuz you never know

relevant 20-year-old standup comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zywIR_ZFLts

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Homework Explainer posted:

let it be known that I will do anything for the party, comrade.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

WINNINGHARD posted:

How long before you can smoke the herbs

Oh, I'm smoking them right now.

The smoked cod with sage is going to be delicious. :)

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

ok, got the board & wetsuit, i am excited to drown

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Please rename this thread YCS Chat: The lime pit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

limes grow on trees dummy

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Al! posted:

limes grow on trees dummy

Don't make me wave my bagel at you!!

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

i really like The Pit of Spears.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

WINNINGHARD posted:

ok, got the board & wetsuit, i am excited to drown

thats cool

my dad used to surf a lil bit when we lived in florida, no wetsuits needed there

i havent been to the beach in california but i hear its cold. guess that gulf stream is pretty nice

west coast of florida beaches kinda freaked me out, no waves just lumps and it's warmer than a swimming pool. i liked the actual atlantic waves on the east coast

apparently my parents lost my old Atlas of Florida, with introduction by walkin' lawton chiles. i think maybe they stopped making it after one edition, because florida, but it was a really awesome map book with essays on various relevant poo poo. i need to find that poo poo on the internet

edit: THIS motherfucker
https://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Florida-Edward-Fernald/dp/0813011310/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1466296927&sr=1-2&keywords=atlas+of+florida

i WILL be buying this poo poo, as soon as i make sure my parents dont find it when they unpack from the move. this is the kind of thing that forms my childhood memories

"Finally, a spending issue Democrats and Republicans can agree upon: Atlas of Florida is a great buy!"--Lawton Chiles, Governor of the State of Florida

the reason why i remembered it - i think the book had something with a 1-5 ranking of florida beaches as surf spots, and merritt island was a pretty good ranking. i wonder if that's a real memory or not. there was so much else in there. good explanation of storm surge and historical hurricane maps, a map of the development of counties through florida history, so on, so forth

i noticed that gadsden county was always really badly ranked on maps of poo poo like income and literacy and all that is good in the world, that's basically the strongest Black Belt county in florida demographically and historically, from slavery on, so that was the beginning of my understanding of the demographic impact of slavery on america past and present

i also remember this other encyclopedia with 'related articles' boxes at the end and i would flip between related articles for hours, basically what we did before hyperlinks and wikipedia and tabbed browsing, specifically i remember the english civil war article (for whatever reason) and the back page with world demographic maps where i first realized how many billions of people lived completely deprived lives by comparison to mine, which is right up there with realizing that someday i would die when it comes to childhood memories. so that got dark

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Jun 19, 2016

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

are you close to the water where you are? youre wasting a golden opportunity if you're not at least hanging out there as much as you can. surfing is incredibly fun too. most people dont have the nice things we have in california, it's a shame not to enjoy them

E: same thing goes for florida. i grew up in a cold dusty place and it blows my mind that people in southern california take these things for granted. florida has tons of coastline and the sun is out every day.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

WINNINGHARD posted:

are you close to the water where you are? youre wasting a golden opportunity if you're not at least hanging out there as much as you can. surfing is incredibly fun too. most people dont have the nice things we have in california, it's a shame not to enjoy them

E: same thing goes for florida. i grew up in a cold dusty place and it blows my mind that people in southern california take these things for granted. florida has tons of coastline and the sun is out every day.

i live in sacramento lollllllllll

i actually am happy with it in the sense that i spent a lot of money to live in trendy cities in my 20s and now i can cheaply (by dc/arlington/denver standards) live in a place where i can walk to a couple different good restaurants and bars and loving gourmet burger places that serve craft beers and public transit to more of that poo poo downtown, and that basically covers 90% of what people pay for when they go to the like 10 cool cities in the country that suck up all the loving money

but like i was just in san fran on that work trip getting drunk on pier 39 in the morning and like, yeah, that was cooler than sacramento. my parents are moving to tahoe literally as we speak though and i can always go back down there so sacramento's status as 'between cool things but slightly less expensive than them' will do me good i guess

it rains a SHITLOAD in florida tho i should say, the whole 'sunny' thing isnt really true. california is eerily weatherless, even the rain is always the same like 2 or 3 meteorological patterns that dump cold poo poo on you in the winter, although i did get hailed on once with the sun shining randomly, so even though i dont miss the humidity of fl/va i do kinda miss like thunderstorms and weather in general. colorado weather was fun, no humidity and you get hail and all that, tho i did strand my car on a loving parking lot turned ice floe for like 8 days like a loving southern goober when it snowed a shitload in loving march (and it kept snowing into april)

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 01:57 on Jun 19, 2016

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

oystertoadfish posted:

i live in sacramento lollllllllll

i actually am happy with it in the sense that i spent a lot of money to live in trendy cities in my 20s and now i can cheaply (by dc/arlington/denver standards) live in a place where i can walk to a couple different good restaurants and bars and loving gourmet burger places that serve craft beers and public transit, and that basically covers 90% of what people pay for when they go to the like 10 cool cities in the country that suck up all the loving money

but like i was just in san fran on that work trip getting drunk on pier 39 in the morning and like, yeah, that was cooler than sacramento. my parents are moving to tahoe literally as we speak though and i can always go back down there so sacramento's status as 'between cool things but slightly less expensive than them' will do me good i guess

SF is IMO really crappy. it's filthy and expensive. Good food is something you can get anywhere.

Sacramento is incredibly underrated. it's a hell of a lot cheaper than coastal CA and you're not too far from tahoe and tahoe is the bees knees.

im in huntington beach and i have a nagging feeling that i am actually in a dream and ill wake up back in a moldy apartment in seattle. there's no way life is this good.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

WINNINGHARD posted:

SF is IMO really crappy. it's filthy and expensive. Good food is something you can get anywhere.

Sacramento is incredibly underrated. it's a hell of a lot cheaper than coastal CA and you're not too far from tahoe and tahoe is the bees knees.

im in huntington beach and i have a nagging feeling that i am actually in a dream and ill wake up back in a moldy apartment in seattle. there's no way life is this good.

ive never been to southern california. im gonna need to have a reason though, i feel like the tourist traps arent interesting and i dont know anybody down there really aside from like on forums and twitter - met a few people recently tho. but i'd love to see all that poo poo

so far i would go to dodgers and angels games cause im a baseball nerd, id go to the huntington library (named after the same guy as your town, huh), i guess there's some good museums, and i could get some advice on places to eat from my internet friends - i could do the beaches too but idk i'd probably end up at some crowded shithole if i did it at the wrong time and i don't go to beaches to hang out in a loving crowd ya kno. living on the florida coast in elementary school really spoiled me wrt beaches honestly. idk im kinda collecting a list

san fran has some real social problems, someone was telling me that living in the suburbs and driving downtown to work is actually the reverse commute because of the tech bros living downtown and working in suburbs which is pretty hosed up, also the real world serious news article type stuff about homelessness and crime and the working class basically getting driven out of one of the largest cities in the country. but sitting around looking at the hills across the bay kinda reminded me like 'oh yeah this is why people like to live here'

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 02:13 on Jun 19, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

as an Oregonian I was raised from birth to hate all Californians

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

oystertoadfish posted:

ive never been to southern california. im gonna need to have a reason though, i feel like the tourist traps arent interesting and i dont know anybody down there really aside from like on forums and twitter - met a few people recently tho. but i'd love to see all that poo poo

so far i would go to dodgers and angels games cause im a baseball nerd, id go to the huntington library (named after the same guy as your town, huh), i guess there's some good museums, and i could get some advice on places to eat from my internet friends - i could do the beaches too but idk i'd probably end up at some crowded shithole if i did it at the wrong time and i don't go to beaches to hang out in a loving crowd ya kno. living on the florida coast in elementary school really spoiled me wrt beaches honestly. idk im kinda collecting a list

san fran has some real social problems, someone was telling me that living in the suburbs and driving downtown to work is actually the reverse commute because of the tech bros living downtown and working in suburbs which is pretty hosed up, also the real world series news article type stuff about homelessness and crime and the working class basically getting driven out of one of the largest cities in the country. but sitting around looking at the hills across the bay kinda reminded me like 'oh yeah this is why people like to live here'

one of my bffs lives in SF, another had the good sense to move out to a suburb on the beach. SF... i could go on a rant, but it'd be useless. it sucks balls and it has a bunch of garbage everywhere. the place is full of the worst people from rich to poor.

here's what orange county has: disneyland, knots berry farm {no idea what the gently caress goes on in that den of iniquity}, laguna beach, 10 miles of pristine beach + wetlands + bike path from huntington beach down to newport beach.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

Al! posted:

as an Oregonian I was raised from birth to hate all Californians

ive spent my entire life either in washington or california and the only thing i can say about oregon is that portland's the worst place on the planet and the only good spot in oregon is waldport

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I thought so too until I moved to New York City

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

there's a ton of north v south hatred in california, that's one thing i've noticed. especially since i work in water

i mean northern virginia and southern virginia dont have a lot of love for each other but it really doesnt compare, even though nova is generic newscaster-accent fuckin' yankeeland and southern virginia is Never Forgive Never Forget Literally The Confederacy

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

oystertoadfish posted:

there's a ton of north v south hatred in california, that's one thing i've noticed. especially since i work in water

i mean northern virginia and southern virginia dont have a lot of love for each other but it really doesnt compare, even though nova is generic newscaster-accent fuckin' yankeeland and southern virginia is Never Forgive Never Forget Literally The Confederacy

its one sided, norcal excepting SF is beautiful and full of wonderful nice people. people all over the place hate southern california for a variety of nonsense reasons.

E: it's not quite nonsense. people born and raised here expect nice things everywhere else.

WINNINGHARD has issued a correction as of 03:23 on Jun 19, 2016

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
i went to pride today and it was cool and good. met up with a few old friends and hung out all day, a cute butch girl winked at me, i got a hug from another girl. there was a good gay marching band from new york and it made me miss being in marching band even tho i hated it when i was actually in one. A+, overall

there were a few anti-police-brutality (and just anti-police in general) banners in the parade itself and i was right near an actual cop but i was sitll like "YEEEEEEEAH"

despite being a week after orlando the mood was still really upbeat and there wasn't any real fear or nervousness around.

unfortunately i did not get drunk b/c the beer tents just had budweiser garbage and it was overpriced to poo poo, of course

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I spent the day at a farmer's market, planting my herb garden, cooking and watching the Overwatch videos. It was a good day.

Oh and I watched Parks and Rec.

NumberLast has issued a correction as of 05:24 on Jun 19, 2016

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

as a self-hating texan i feel a knee-jerk need to both dump on all other states and talk poo poo about my own even though i don't live there anymore

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i caught up on this loving forum and watched nine soccer games today, catching up on the shut-in poo poo i missed on my business trip. but i was very social on the trip so it was good to recharge. drank too much tho (both on the trip and today)

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

got a lot of euro/copa america games to catch up on, yikes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

gently caress copa americana

njpw dominion is on in an hour

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
TenCozy and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Jay White, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay
Togi Makabe, Yoshitatsu, and Captain New Japan vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman (Adam) Page, Yujiro Takahashi)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. L.I.J (SANADA and BUSHI)
Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Championship Elimination Match:Matt Sydal and Ricochet(c) vs. reDRagon vs. RPG Vice vs. Young Bucks
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championhip:KUSHIDA(c) vs. Will Ospreay
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Championship:Guerillas of Destiny(c) vs. Briscoe Brothers
NEVER Openweight Championship:Yugi Nagata(c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata
IWGP IC Championship Ladder Match:Kenny Omega(c) vs. Michael Elgin
IWGP Heavyweight Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. Kazuchika Okada

that is such a goddamn stacked card

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

its been euro all day for me, poor iceland. they still have a chance though. this new expanded euro feels kinda silly but i guess it's cool that like albania got to show up and poo poo

i always kinda like ireland for some dumb reason but theyre not gonna do much and got unsurprisingly trashed by belgium, who are having their golden age it seems

i dont know that much about the details any more i didnt watch much of the club season this year

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
come see me in 16 hours when i will run down the full wwe money in the bank card

top 3 matches on that are gonna be killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i twitter-know a lot of wrestling fans but i never got into it

• Locked thread