Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

theres only one man out there that's a bigly enough loser to stop the Winning

who is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

smell this posted:

who is that?

Some guac bowl salesman

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

:siren: :clint: :siren:

https://twitter.com/BillBishopKHOU/status/743973765906759680

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

50 gallons of poo poo in a 10 gallon hat

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
ATTN: Bill Kristol

https://twitter.com/VerminSupreme/status/744020529066156032

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

trump wants to make america great again

we can do better

let's Make America Supreme!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

rnc rules committee unbind the delegates and make majority necessary to win the nomination. turn them loose on each other for one final battle royale.

:yeah:
Except supermajority instead of majority, and delegates can take one another's quickening in single combat to the death.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey do you guys like game of thrones? Which character do you think is most like Trump?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DrPlump posted:

Hey do you guys like game of thrones? Which character do you think is most like Trump?

Nobody gives a poo poo about whether Trump is like Joffrey and is about to choke twice as badly in November.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lol who is this nerdlinger on stage with the Trump?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

DrPlump posted:

Howsabout instead you elaborate on your own media theories:

DrPlump posted:

The jews that run the media are mad at him for using their own tools against them.

Unless you just need to source your quotes, of course.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

Eat the eggs, fash mouth

who was it that wanted to find the OP for this?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

DrPlump posted:

The guy who made obscene gestures to Dany's army before getting brutally owned by Dany's mercenary.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vermin Supreme, no! :ohdear:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

DrPlump posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0tE6T-ecmg

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

DrPlump posted:

Combination of Mace Tyrell and Euron Greyjoy. And if that sounds bizarre and unlikely, well, yeah.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Karl Sharks posted:

who was it that wanted to find the OP for this?

the cloud sockpuppet iirc

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
All shall wear the boot!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Like Mace, he's considered ridiculous and builds giant golden spaces for himself. Like Euron, he's a demagogue who awes gullible people with tales of his exploits and promises a return to greatness. The biggest difference being Euron was able to win an election against a woman :smugdon:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Necc0 posted:

i want to remind everyone that 25-30% was determined to be the 'rock-bottom' of popularity polling near the end of the bush administration as that's about the point where you hit ideological die-hards who can't be swayed by anything. trump is flirting with that threshold.

that's the mental illness + pissed off rednecks demo

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolash posted:

Howsabout instead you elaborate on your own media theories:

Unless you just need to source your quotes, of course.

He was on reality television which is utter tripe. Everyone on there is a has been but it is wildly popular in the ratings compared to how much it cost to make. He was getting hyped up as a big shot business man on his show but it was all entertainment reality TV. The problem is a large part of the GOP watched his show and believed it. He got a lot of false prestige behind his brand.

He has a lot of the same boost that helped Daily Show and Colbert. He had good writing and editing done but talented people who made him look smarter than he really was. This is something that the GOP has been desperately trying to capture. They have never been able to master the whole comedy politics. The difference here is that people like John Stewart tried to stay out of politics and avoid influencing it directly. People constantly pushed John Stewart to be more political and he avoided it because he knew he actually could influence things and that is scary. If the media starts to do that purposefully and blatantly even on entertainment shows that is dangerous. John Stewart fear was always the right doing the same thing back.

You saw the same reaction from Colbert when he tried to run for president as a joke and got tons of legitimate support including young liberals willing to vote for him in GOP Primaries. This scared him and you saw him take a step back from the joke big time. I think it was a big factor in him moving on from The Colbert Report was to test the waters in politics "as his real self". The first step would be moving on would of course be shedding the false persona for good. His new show is basically the same concept except as himself and on broadcast television. I am not sure how the ratings are compared to The Colbert Report but I think he is happier either way because he gets to be real but still joke about it.

Trump broke this previously unspoken agreement about entertainment stepping into legitimate politics. I think the overall fear is that it could push politics toward an Idiocaracy style universe. This is why you have seen the news media come out hard against him because they have a duty to America to vet him since they helped create him. Him being a big shot boss on The Apprentice was never about him becoming the boss of America. It was an entertainment show that Trump took seriously. Trump is really pushing the limits of creditable candidates for president.

On the other hand the 2 parties have set themselves up for this by bullying out all other parties while not doing poo poo for 8 years to actually fulfill promises in either direction. Everyone hates the GOP so it is not surprising that a moderately successful reality show host could out entertain their best candidates. Trump has a good message about the corruption of the 2 party system and shares some views with Bernie that are popular with the internet liberals. It would just be better if we could get someone ANYONE else to say it. People hoped for Bernie and we learned that people like him don't have a real chance in a 2 party system.

Think about it if Bernie had won Trump would have been a blessing to America. We could give Bernie a legitimate shot at winning without the fear that he would get ground down by being out spent they way Hillary is doing to Trump right now. You would just see 2 old dudes debating about Trade deficits and tax margins for hours and it would be awesome.

If you ment my use of the phrase "the jews" it was a joke I am deeply sorry if I offended you or anyone else. Thank you for reading please do not ban namaste.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
:yikes:

speaking of reality tv - make it thirty-one!
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/744029644274401280

(I skipped 800 posts tonight sry if reposting)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Sam Hyde, 20, a computer science major at PSU said

paranoid randroid posted:

ahahahahahahahahahaaa theyre hosed
on the one hand, lol. also nice pseudonym.

on the other hand, i think they're ... underestimating how pear-shaped getting involved in the white nationalist thing can go.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vladimir Putin posted:

Sorry but MacArthur was brilliant. Island hopping campaign, the absolutely brilliant landing at Inchon, administrator of Japan.
I have a generally positive opinion of him too but the point is that he did not get along with presidents and he probably would have hated the poo poo out of Trump.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The reason Trump only had 3 people on VP list is because he is making them agree to go through the Viceprentace even Macro decided gently caress that and ran for his seat.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

everything trump says is true

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

WINNINGHARD posted:

everything trump says is true
Even the false things are true. Even the things that contradict each other are all true. He is the future of America and the future of humanity.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

Even the false things are true. Even the things that contradict each other are all true. He is the future of America and the future of humanity.

You understand now

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Remember that terrible Robin Williams movie about a decade ago, in which Williams' character, a clear stand-in for Stewart, runs for president as a late-night comedian and wins?

That's what I was thinking about through your whole post.

That movie sucked, but it did hit the main theme of your post: A, that an entertainer can succeed in politics because it's basically the same skillset and B, that this is incredibly dangerous.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Samurai Sanders posted:

HE WILL INSCRIBE ON THE LAND SACRED WALLS THE FORMATION OF WHICH WILL SPELL THE NAME OF GOD AND STONE FACED ANGELS WITH PAINTED ORANGE MASKS WILL COME FROM THE NEW FACTORIES AND PROCEED WITH THEIR UNSTOPPABLE WORK HAMMERING MEAT AND CLEAVING MEAT AND SAWING MEAT UNTIL AMERICA IS GREAT AGAIN

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

Al! posted:

HE WILL INSCRIBE ON THE LAND SACRED WALLS THE FORMATION OF WHICH WILL SPELL THE NAME OF GOD AND STONE FACED ANGELS WITH PAINTED ORANGE MASKS WILL COME FROM THE NEW FACTORIES AND PROCEED WITH THEIR UNSTOPPABLE WORK HAMMERING MEAT AND CLEAVING MEAT AND SAWING MEAT UNTIL AMERICA IS GREAT AGAIN

its not orange its gold i will destroy you

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

trump wants to make america great again

we can do better

let's Make America Supreme!!

Paging H5N1 and "I can't believe how excited I am for the Vermin Supreme campaign!"

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The Donald along with Ser Christie and Ser Sessions stood before the portal. The air warped and swirled, and suddenly Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and The Beast stepped through, along with Alice, Mulan, and Aladdin.

"Welcome, my friends, to the Realm of the Real," Trump said.

Winnie and Tigger flexed their paws. "Are we truly real?" they asked.

"Yes," Trump said, "I have made all things new. All that was unbelieveable is now real and believable."

"Your polls are very bad," said Kanga. Trump immediately struck her from existence with a wave of his hand.

Fantastic creatures gathered all around, bowing to the Donald. Hillary circled high above, mounted upon her luck dragon. The shaggy dog-lizard shook its head. "I will end all fiction, and kill this story for all time. Rawr, hahahha!"

Cheney stuck his furry wolf head out of the cavern long enough to growl, "Trump! I will devour all things, and the darkness will swollow all. Ahahhahaha!"

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Al! posted:

Initiates to the Only Orange One embark upon a Trumpquest, seeking the divine favor of their class-god by reenacting his scared myths.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Zippy the Bummer posted:

The Donald along with Ser Christie and Ser Sessions stood before the portal. The air warped and swirled, and suddenly Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and The Beast stepped through, along with Alice, Mulan, and Aladdin.

"Welcome, my friends, to the Realm of the Real," Trump said.

Winnie and Tigger flexed their paws. "Are we truly real?" they asked.

"Yes," Trump said, "I have made all things new. All that was unbelieveable is now real and believable."

"Your polls are very bad," said Kanga. Trump immediately struck her from existence with a wave of his hand.

Fantastic creatures gathered all around, bowing to the Donald. Hillary circled high above, mounted upon her luck dragon. The shaggy dog-lizard shook its head. "I will end all fiction, and kill this story for all time. Rawr, hahahha!"

Cheney stuck his furry wolf head out of the cavern long enough to growl, "Trump! I will devour all things, and the darkness will swollow all. Ahahhahaha!"

Those poor nerds said Trump would make anime real...they didn't realize that the anime in question was Kingdom Hearts.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

trump has made anime real already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

gret posted:

Trump is going to make Christie dance on stage in his underwear in primetime to try and one up the stripping Libertarian dude.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hwA5cYcJNpc

kalven
Feb 17, 2006
i saw a thing at that rally
http://imgur.com/9xNvtyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

i never saw the apprentice so i watched an episode last night
theres two teams and they need to make as much money possible by selling *TRUMP product* (worth maybe $5). Team 1 sells it for 100 bucks an item but you get a free autograph from the B-celebs in the team, so it looks like theyre winning, until someone in team 2 says they know some billionaire who agrees to buy one Trump product for 2 million dollars and some screen time, so team 2 wins

this seems like its not really about a market economy but more about late-late-late stage capitalism

• Locked thread