Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Because you throw a bunch of random states where Trump is trailing in the polls to him for no good reason?

I'm not saying this map represents the current reality. I'm saying this is a possible path to victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

CelestialScribe posted:

Explain why this map isn't a viable path for Trump to win.
Better question: why don't you explain how it is?

EDIT: Beyond just saying "it could happen." Show us why it would happen that way.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
He's not wrong. If the people in every state voted for the results as shown, that's what the map would look like. You can't deny it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
http://www.270towin.com/maps/5XEDQ

A possible Electoral map if Obama kills all whiteys. It's technically possible!

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Trabisnikof posted:

No one. Literally no on is running it.

What did the GOP do to piss off Captain Nemo?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

CelestialScribe posted:

I'm not saying this map represents the current reality. I'm saying this is a possible path to victory.

A meteor could also hit Hillary. All the particles on Earth could also spontaneously turn into gold, freezing us in a moment of time.

Edit: Oh right I wanted your input: in what way is it actually good for Trump and a bad sign for Hillary that he only has 30 campaign staff.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Lemming posted:

A meteor could also hit Hillary. All the particles on Earth could also spontaneously turn into gold, freezing us in a moment of time.

Edit: Oh right I wanted your input: in what way is it actually good for Trump and a bad sign for Hillary that he only has 30 campaign staff.

He doesn't need to spend as much money doing them favours or hiring assassins to take them out afterwards.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Lemming posted:

Thats 30 staff on the ground doing per-state work, not 30 staff total.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
Right. Hillary could totally won Texas but Trump winning Ohio? Total fantasy u guys!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhV1F0j3XI
around 2:08:30 is where the quoted part starts

"We're gonna repeal that... horrible stuff... and replace it."

Yeah, down with Horrible Stuff!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CelestialScribe posted:

Right. Hillary could totally won Texas but Trump winning Ohio? Total fantasy u guys!

Well Trump has to win a lot more than just Ohio, and he's not even trying to win that

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

CelestialScribe posted:

Hillary could totally won Texas
No one has said that.

There has been speculation that maaaaaaybe Clinton could flip TX but the context of such discussion has always been 'omg that would be so crazy if it happened' and not 'its totally a sure thing Clinton flips TX' as you're suggesting.

edit: \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Yeah you're probably right but the occasional newbie does wander into the thread looking for info and may get suckered by such posts so a serious post giving thread context in a couple of sentences is worth it.

PC LOAD LETTER fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jun 18, 2016

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

No one has said that.

This is a strong hint that CelestialScribe is not arguing in good faith and is a huge moron and/or troll.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

No one has said that.

There has been speculation that maaaaaaybe Clinton could flip TX but the context of such discussion has always been 'omg that would be so crazy if it happened' and not 'its totally a sure thing Clinton flips TX' as you're suggesting.

Texas getting flipped a projected twenty years early would be an absolute nightmare for the GOP. The moderate possibility of Georgia going Democrat is already cracking the solid South, which is the bedrock upon which the GOP wins its presidential elections. If Southern states are in play the GOP is hosed until they grab new states or flip the ones they lost.

Anyway, after lurking in this thread for weeks now I've seen a lot of theories about what Trump will do getting bandied about. The only thing that I truly know is that I know nothing, or at least very little. I can't predict anything anymore. Precedents are being shattered left and right. The only thing I truly know is that Trump won't be able to win until he creates a bigger tent and entices people into it. At the same time though the people already in that tent are going to kick anyone out that's not enough like them.

The postmortem for the party that loses is going to look absolutely fascinating.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jun 18, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

sean10mm posted:

This is a strong hint that CelestialScribe is not arguing in good faith and is a huge moron and/or troll.

Yeah its clearly a gimmick. At least Arzy was really some poor fool afraid of his own shadow.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CelestialScribe posted:

People see polls where Kansas, Texas, and Utah have Hillary ahead, they then laugh and encourage the rest of the thread to also laugh at how insane it would be if Trump can't even hold those states. Nobody is even seriously giving Hillary Georgia and Arizona, simply considering what it means that they're battleground states where it looks like Hillary has a good shot.

Meanwhile you only pop up from time to time when "bad" or bad news happens for Hillary and pretend to be the USPOL Cassandra. Only up 10, things are looking real bad for Hillary.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ghetto Prince posted:

What did the GOP do to piss off Captain Nemo?

:golfclap: well played.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhV1F0j3XI
around 2:08:30 is where the quoted part starts

Has nobody talked about the pastor having an orgasm at the beginning?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah its clearly a gimmick. At least Arzy was really some poor fool afraid of his own shadow.

"Oh no, Hillary is only leading by double digits in the polls! Better go tell USPOL that Trump could still win!"

Can we preemptively probate him before the RNC bump?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I really don't see a bunch of violence from anyone except anti-trump protestors unless Trump gets rat-hosed.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

WampaLord posted:

"Oh no, Hillary is only leading by double digits in the polls! Better go tell USPOL that Trump could still win!"

Will there even be a bump? The RNC is signalling pretty hard they regret having Trump as nominee.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Gyges posted:

People see polls where Kansas, Texas, and Utah have Hillary ahead, they then laugh and encourage the rest of the thread to also laugh at how insane it would be if Trump can't even hold those states. Nobody is even seriously giving Hillary Georgia and Arizona, simply considering what it means that they're battleground states where it looks like Hillary has a good shot.

Meanwhile you only pop up from time to time when "bad" or bad news happens for Hillary and pretend to be the USPOL Cassandra. Only up 10, things are looking real bad for Hillary.

Essentially those polls could prove that while the state has obviously no chance of flipping, that it is possibly in play means money and resources have to be directed there to protect the state itself from flipping along with down ticket races.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

WampaLord posted:

After he actually lost ground after a major Islamic-inspired terrorist attack on American soil I'm not sure he will get a bump from anything anymore.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

DemeaninDemon posted:

I love you and so does Hillary.

*reportedly

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

After he actually lost ground after a major Islamic-inspired terrorist attack on American soil I'm not sure he will get a bump from anything anymore.

This is not true actually. The polls that came out that day/tuesday were conducted before. There was a bunch of stuff posted yesterday that says he got a slight increase

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump could definitely Trump his way out of a bump, but generally it's a week of nothing in the news but the RNC giving itself and it's candidate blow jobs. Similarly Hillary's bump is largely going to be from wall to wall coverage of Democrats talking about how awesome they are.

Has there been any research into the magnitude of the bump over time as the Convention has become less and less important to the media? TV News covers it less and less it seems and people have so many more options to spend their time that it seems like the week long puff piece should be reaching less and less people.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nah Trump's polls went up. Had they actually gone down though then you could comfortably say right there outside of an october surprise, Hillary Clinton had won the election. But they did go up.

But he and other republicans are also having to talk about "common sense" solutions because Obama literally days ago ago predicted the Orlando attack. http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/obama-to-gun-owners-im-not-looking-to-disarm-you/

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Trump is the best thing that could've ever happened to Clinton. Honestly you should all be pleased as punch.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

awesmoe posted:

He's not wrong. If the people in every state voted for the results as shown, that's what the map would look like. You can't deny it.

Bold take. However, what you've failed to consider is that, if the people don't vote that way, then the map will be totally inaccurate.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

New Smurfs movie is looking reeeeal weird.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I love that we've moved from "oh god a single poll showing something we don't like" to "oh god a single poll showing less movement than the MoE vs. the previous poll!"

Death to polling. Dumb interpretations of polling are only slightly more vexing than dumbass thinkpieces like "What the Angry Birds Movie Can Teach Us About the 2016 Presidential Election."

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

The Guardian has an... interesting... new infographic for keeping track of how on-board various Republicans are with Trump.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

pumpinglemma posted:

The Guardian has an... interesting... new infographic for keeping track of how on-board various Republicans are with Trump.

The design on this is amazing!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Thats some evil Teletubbies face there.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
remember that lovely white boy who threatened to shoot up mizzou protesters last november?

here's his sentence

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

remember that lovely white boy who threatened to shoot up mizzou protesters last november?

here's his sentence

I am shocked. Look at how shocked I am. :geno:

e: Oh he had a history of hate speech and poo poo like this while also being from an affluent suburb? I am truly, truly shocked then.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

pumpinglemma posted:

Oh lordy.

Someone with far more skill should turn that into an av

Crain fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 18, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

here's his sentence

quote:

In February 2015, police were contacted after he hung a Nazi flag off the balcony of his residence hall because, according to a police report, he thought his right to free speech was being violated because other students had hung a Japanese flag on campus.

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Set to half speed, hit play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhV1F0j3XI&t=5542s

• Locked thread