Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

grimcreaper posted:

Goons ruin everything.

Not true, we made this thread great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

MSGA(OITFP)

Make Starbound Great Again (Or In The First Place)

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

as it ever was

as it ever was

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
The only activity less enjoyable than listening to Talking Heads is trying to play Starbound.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Same as it ever was.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Well? Why did you buy this?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
You mean, why did we buy starbound in the first place?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

TBH I'm a huge sucker for things I like, and thought this would be one of those. It tried, I guess?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey Cicadas! What let you to pick that username?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

did not buy Starbound
I bought the concept, oh dear
can't play a concept

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey Cicadas! What let you to pick that username?

I like Cicadas, because they represent maybe the stupidest cycle in nature outside of the lifecycle of penguins. They spend nearly all of their years-long lives underground, only emerging for a short few months during which they accomplish all of annoying everyone with loud and irritating noises, loving around and dying in huge numbers, and leaving cool husks on trees. They leave the world a worse place by virtue of having existed.

So naturally I feel a strong connection to these stupid, lovely insects.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Real Answer: I like the noise they make during summer and think they look cool.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cicadas! posted:

Me too

(the noise, not the grody looking bugs you weirdo)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cicadas! posted:

They spend nearly all of their years-long lives underground, only emerging for a short few months during which they accomplish all of annoying everyone with loud and irritating noises, loving around and dying... They leave the world a worse place by virtue of having existed.

This bears an eerie resemblance to Supernorn's posting.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Cicadas! posted:

I like Cicadas, because they represent maybe the stupidest cycle in nature outside of the lifecycle of penguins. They spend nearly all of their years-long lives underground, only emerging for a short few months during which they accomplish all of annoying everyone with loud and irritating noises, loving around and dying in huge numbers, and leaving cool husks on trees. They leave the world a worse place by virtue of having existed.

Cicadas! posted:

Fair enough. I personally can't stand the sound of cicadas and I don't even live in one of the 17 year brood zones.

When I was younger I read a short story where cicada husks played some kind of role, which I'm always reminded of when I see a Cicada husk. I've also got this handmade Cicada fridge magnet:

It's too heavy to actually pin a paper to the fridge though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

TBF they also keep a bunch of other dumb animals alive by virtue of being giant blind bugs that kill themselves flying into poo poo abd leaving meaty protein-heavy corpses everywhere. It's like if we randomly had Steakstorms

Also the method to the madness is p cool: other animals were getting smart about eating cicadas with normal and regular breeding patterns, so instead of developing nuanced defense mechanisms the retarded cicadas that just randomly start ninja death orgies ended up surviving longer

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

They're actually adding a bunch of cool stuff now, tucked away in the nightlies where no one can see or talk about them, years into development at the tail-end of their release schedule, after burning through the last of their good-will months ago lol

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

well, don't keep us on the edge of our seats!!!!!!!!!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'll make some gifs

also they went back on moving backwards moving you at half speed, it's normal speed at all times now

e: gently caress gifs too much work just watch this dude's videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkBlIMgnhWM

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Babe Magnet posted:

They're actually adding a bunch of cool stuff now, tucked away in the nightlies where no one can see or talk about them, years into development at the tail-end of their release schedule, after burning through the last of their good-will months ago lol

Never knew cicadas were so smart

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about Starbound.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Also the method to the madness is p cool: other animals were getting smart about eating cicadas with normal and regular breeding patterns, so instead of developing nuanced defense mechanisms the retarded cicadas that just randomly start ninja death orgies ended up surviving longer

Yeah, 17 years is too long to plan around as a food source. Although it can backfire if conditions prevent the brood from breeding

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Ugh is there a good inventory editor for this game that lets me easily mod the random weapons that drop?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

again, all this stuff would have been great literal years ago

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wellll, This was back in 2013, and we thought it was gonna work.

And now we are here.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im the balance change making it so you can go in reverse in full speed after the balance patch making it so you go in reverse half speed after you could go in reverse full speed

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

im the balance change making it so you can go in reverse in full speed after the balance patch making it so you go in reverse half speed after you could go in reverse full speed

Holy poo poo they rolled this back?

Did they finally lock Tiy in the broom closet or something?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Now if only they'd roll back every other gameplay decision they ever made

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

This was back in 2013
Time is a pony ride.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What was that Terraria clone that had rain/water/flooding as a mechanic?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Croccers posted:

Risk of Rain

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

RainCraft

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
who wants me to be the ideas man for their game

my ideas will consist of taking your good ideas, making them bad, and then eventually (we're talking way down the road), rolling them back once it becomes clear that everyone hates my ideas

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Croccers posted:

here is a VR version of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAZ88V16eN4

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I found it. Dig Or Die
http://store.steampowered.com/app/315460/
It's funny watching bases flood.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Croccers posted:

I found it. Dig Or Die
http://store.steampowered.com/app/315460/
It's funny watching bases flood.

i'm the bootleg Braid playersprite

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

i'm the bootleg Braid playersprite
It follows the noble Terraria tradition of ripping off sprites from other games.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Dig or die is a decently fun game for what it is and it can get pretty cheap on some sales

E: the building is a very cool feature

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Wellll, This was back in 2013, and we thought it was gonna work.

And now we are here.
Heard of a dev-plan that was loaded with features,
packed up and ready to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

FactsAreUseless posted:

And you may say to yourself 'my god, what have i done'.

• Locked thread