Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joseph came over of his own volition, seemingly against Jotaro's better wishes.
Y'all got short memories though, the reason Jotaro's even there is because Joseph tried to get a pic of Josuke with Hermit Purple and they kept getting Anjuro instead. That Joseph can still use Hermit Purple is among the first facts established in DiU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
You're right! I did completely forget that!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Joseph brought himself over, no? He probably just needs special Speedwagon brand cameras that can be smashed by an old man.

D'aww, some little cardboard home-made cameras for Oldestseph to smash, they don't tell him but they soaked the middle so he can do it. :3:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I really wanna know how Akira managed to climb aboard the ship when there's a whole move about how a group of friends can't do it.
Really excited about the next episode though, I didn't realize it would come up this soon.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lamebot posted:

having your blood removed from you and returned to you from a vampire probably doesnt do wonders for health.

As established in part 1, vampiric energy and the ripple cancel each other out.

His exposure to Dio's vampiric power undid all the life prolonging benefits of his ripple training

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Moltrey posted:

hey anime only people, I want you to give me your best guess at what you think next week's episode could even be about based on the title

A colony of bees developed Stand powers to fight off Japanese hornets after Akira hid the bow & arrow in the branches of their tree. But the Duwang Gang must tearfully destroy them when the side-effects threaten to bury the school under a tsunami of boiling honey. In the Blu-Ray commentary track, Araki admits he based it off an old screenplay he sold to Dreamworks, which would later become Bee Movie.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rangpur posted:

A colony of bees developed Stand powers to fight off Japanese hornets after Akira hid the bow & arrow in the branches of their tree. But the Duwang Gang must tearfully destroy them when the side-effects threaten to bury the school under a tsunami of boiling honey. In the Blu-Ray commentary track, Araki admits he based it off an old screenplay he sold to Dreamworks, which would later become Bee Movie.

Nope, that stand's in Part 6.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Darn.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dragonwagon posted:

The gang find an oddly-shaped stone, it turns out to be a stand user.

Yo, Angelo.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Someone tried to fire the bow and arrow and screws up so bad they hit the bow and arrow with the bow and arrow, giving it its own stand, arrowsmith.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Someone tried to fire the bow and arrow and screws up so bad they hit the bow and arrow with the bow and arrow, giving it its own stand, arrowsmith.

Please don't spoil future arcs!

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I recall seeing a single rose among the silhouettes in the OP. So maybe someone shoots a rose bush with the arrow and it gains a stand: Savage Garden.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol, just lol that I'm thinking about getting a Joestar birthmark tattoo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

setafd posted:

lol, just lol that I'm thinking about getting a Joestar birthmark tattoo

Just get transfers instead. The fuckin' things move around the appear in frame optimally anyway.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rangpur posted:

A colony of bees developed Stand powers to fight off Japanese hornets

Japanese bees can already do this. They wait for the scouting hornet to get deep into the hive, then every single bee in the hive starts vibrating, raising the temperature in the hive to just high enough to roast the hornet alive (the bees themselves are adapted to be able to survive at this temperature).

Nature doesn't need Stands to be bizarre.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Actually, I want those bees to gets Stands.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Each individual bee has a stand that's just another bee that vibrates really fast

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Just get transfers instead. The fuckin' things move around the appear in frame optimally anyway.

no

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Get a Joestar tattoo for every single position they're seen in

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Get your face tattooed with the design of your favourite stand, infact.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Get a Joestar tattoo for every single position they're seen in

when looking for stuff for reference I've definitely laughed at how inconsistent it is

it's flipped around to the front of someone's neck before just so Araki can get it in frame

I'm thinking about making it teal and sticking on the back of my shoulder, nearer to below my neck so it'll show when I wear tanks 'cause it's summer, boiii

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

All this talk about Joestar birthmarks reminds me that we never get to see Josuke's in the manga. I wonder if the anime will fix that.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the second ED is going to have the waffle shirt from behind

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Red Hot Chili Peppers released their new album yesterday. Akira has great power.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

horriblePencilist posted:

I really wanna know how Akira managed to climb aboard the ship when there's a whole move about how a group of friends can't do it.
Really excited about the next episode though, I didn't realize it would come up this soon.

It was so Ossoku could face him again but this time win.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Akira managing to sneak past Josuke and Koichi, jump into the water, start swimming towards the boat, and climb aboard without them noticing is definitely something strange. But it gives Okuyasu closure, so I can live with it.

It always bothered me when you had things like Caesar's dad getting killed by the Pillar Men and he never got to deal with that or Avdol never getting to confront Dio again after running from him the first time.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Waffleman_ posted:

Red Hot Chili Peppers released their new album yesterday. Akira has great power.

Someone should photoshop the "Red Hot" out of their name in the cover for their latest album.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I really glad to see that Joseph showed up again but I was waiting the entire time for him to do some ridiculous like he always does. But no, it looks like old age finally caught up with him. :smith:

On the other hand, him with Josuke is still adorable. I can't wait to see where it all goes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the thing to understand is that the ripple will only keep someone young and fit as long as they rigorously practice it

by the time SDC rolled around, joseph had already slacked off quite a ton

by the time of DiU, old age has fully caught up with him because he's probably done like...literally nothing during the 10 or so years between parts 3 and 4

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Ramos posted:

I really glad to see that Joseph showed up again but I was waiting the entire time for him to do some ridiculous like he always does. But no, it looks like old age finally caught up with him. :smith:

On the other hand, him with Josuke is still adorable. I can't wait to see where it all goes.

I was seriously thinking the dementia thing was all an act and was going to end up like this:

*RHCP appears from the light socket above Joseph*
"And next you'll say: Now I'm going to kill this decrepit old man."
"Now I'm going to kill this decrepit old man!" *gasp*
"HERMIT PURPLE"
*Hermit Purple tears RHCP to shreds*

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ramos posted:

I think he deliberately broke his cane though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

by the time of DiU, old age has fully caught up with him because he's probably done like...literally nothing during the 10 or so years between parts 3 and 4

Also he got sucked dry by Dio.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also he got sucked dry by Dio.

And by several obliging young ladies around the world. :pervert:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tunicate posted:

I think he deliberately broke his cane though.

nah, it's stated to have broken during the scuffle on the ship or something, if i remember right. the anime kinda glosses over it, i guess just assuming people will catch on

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

saw the new episode and then teared up at the end. :unsmith:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Really it's kind of impressive Joseph's in as good shape as he is considering the amount of poo poo he's been put through

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

yeah, motherfucker lost an arm sending a god to space, came back from the dead, and managed to not die again convincing his grandson he was DIO.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder if Tonio could grow a new hand/arm for Joseph.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

hey anime only people, I want you to give me your best guess at what you think next week's episode could even be about based on the title

The gang finds this adorable little corgi and it's so sweet and pettable and :kimchi: but then oh no! Turns out that it's super smart and hates people and thinks! And then it dies. Because dogs and Araki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Only villains hate dogs. Our protagonists are jerks but they wouldn't beat up a dog.

• Locked thread