Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

PWG doesn't do automatic title rematches and they've already run Roddy/Sabre in singles twice now. If they do have Roddy challenge for the title again it'd probably have to be a Guerrilla Warfare match, that would be the only real way to escalate things for a blowoff.

I could see them doing that at Bola

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/743999652333293569

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/744039163423494145

:swoon:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I know, wrestling, but mannnnnnnnnnn, Sami Callahan using Trump to get heat against Mexicans last night at AAW made me feel straight up dirty. Blergh.

(also Ciampa slut-shaming)

(the rest of the show was loving amazing, ZSJ wrestles so pretty)

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If whatever probably-lame thing Sami did ruffled your feathers I hope nobody tells you about Brian Cage in AAA

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Mob posted:

If whatever probably-lame thing Sami did ruffled your feathers I hope nobody tells you about Brian Cage in AAA

May as well show him:

Cage rules.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Germansimp posted:

May as well show him:

Cage rules.

He's not man... HES A POLITICAL MACHINE

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sami won in the main and there was one corner of the crowd that had come to see the luchadores and had a mexican flag and poo poo and starting cheering for pentagon since pentagon challenges next month and sami just got on the mic and said he's gonna beat pentagon and when trump is elected you all are gonna be deported anyway. pretty standard heeling but effective and thats gonna be a hot match. the lucha guys draw well for aaw and it was another 600+ full house and people bring mexican flags and airhorns and stuff and its a pretty cool atmosphere!

i'll post some results and impressions later it was another really good show

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That sounds like great facework at my local dirt indy in Kentucky

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well ciampa calling scarlett a slut got a face reaction and chant so you win some you lose some

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

Title change takes place at a F1RST Wrestling event. Hall won the right to pin a knocked-out Chuck Taylor in a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors against Joey Ryan.

yesssssssssss

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good poster and lol because the mexican will be the big time babyface

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, I've seen the Cage video stuff and wrestling has a long, storied history of racist heel work, this was just the first time I've been in the place while it was going down. Just weird to experience! Great show, though I've my nitpicks (5mins for Fox-Aerostar?). Killing me that I can't make the next one.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I can't even imagine the awesomeness of Sami and Pentagon doing a brawl across the entire room, shame I can't make it to this one.

The random Fatal 4-Way/Farewell Moose battle was so. much. fun.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

A show on a Saturday means that I can make it! Finally going to see Pentagon Jr. in person.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

my god Cody is taking the fight right to Vince's backyard shots fired

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

aight AAW Killers Among Us results

gregory irons is on commentary because prazak and the other guy were elsewhere. he cut a promo about being on american ninja warrior

kongo kong/desmond xavier d. markus crane/shane hollister, connor braxton/eddie machete and candice lerae/heidi lovelace with kongo pinning eddie machete. good opener with lots of people in the mix. xavier originally came out with someone else as his tag partner but kongo laid them out and took their place. scarlett was with the braxton/machete team, and they were announced as the first graduates of the black and brave wrestling school which is seth rollins' gym, so that makes sense i think scarlett trains there some. crowd was big into candice and kongo and braxton also gets big reactions for his comedy hoverboard spots. after the match kongo laid out his partner too, then scarlett got on the mic and berated her team for losing then said they were issuing an open challenge.

ciampa came out, called her a slut, said he didnt know who the other guys were, but basically he was the one doing an open challenge tonight and people were gonna be pissed if they were his opponents haha. so he ran them off

josh alexander made his return as the mystery opponent. pretty good reaction for the walking weapon though it was clear a lot of people started coming to shows after his title reign. he and ciampa had a p good match that built steadily. josh sold his neck a lot and ciampa asked him a couple times if it was ok. ciampa won and gave josh the ring for a welcome back and thank you chant

havok d. kimber lee. i missed most of this. after the match havok kept beating on kimber and heidi ran out for the save. havok laid her out and said that she was next

silas young d. drew gulak. gulak sang along to silas' entrance music while waiting for him. silas is very over and gets a equally loud cheers and boos. he cut a promo about how we're so stupid we cheer him for calling us stupid etc. and drew is a technical expert but he's the measuring stick. match was built around gulak taking off silas' knee brace and then both dudes wrestling over the brace and incorporating it into a bunch of submissions and chokes. good change of pace and interesting structure

fitchett/vega d. the hooligans to retain the aaw tag titles

i think hero vs drago was here? couple good exchanges but it was funny they did the whole chain wrestling to flippy escapes to kips to simultaneous dropkicks spots and drago couldnt keep up and botched the dropkick lol. hero being the professional that he is salvaged the exchange by straight punching him in the face when they would typically do the square-off. good reactions for this one since as i've said the lucha guys draw the hispanic crowd so some good dueling chants and poo poo. hero elbowed his head off for the win and then raised his hand and people threw money although i think its really just people enjoying the money throwing gimmick more than it being an excellent match

ar fox d aerostar in like a 5-minute match to defend the heritage championship. the show ended up ending after midnight so im guessing this just ended up being where they had to cut for time. fitchett came out afterward and said he pinned ar fox last month (tag match with vega and moose) so he wanted a shot at the belt. ar fox accepted for next month, vega came out and was all annoying about fitchett having his priorities wrong. aerostar stood in the ring, they shoulda formed aerofox right then imo

trevor lee d. moose, cedric alexander and andrew everett. one of the more fun matches i've seen this year. the whole crowd was very into everyone from the beginning but especially trevor. they did a dance-off to begin since no one could resist the tswift entrance. then everyone exited the ring to match of the year chants etc., all pretty charming. then everyone re-entered the ring and they did an 8-minute sprint of crazy sequences and dives. cedric is ripppppped right now so i revoke my post from a couple months ago where i said he wouldn't make 205 for the CWC. trevor came off the balcony and ended up getting the pin on moose in his farewell match

zsj d. johnny gargano. both guys very over. zsj got into it with some old dude in the front row who was yelling about the UK sucking or something i dunno so zsj made a point of doing all these painful submissions while jawing with that guy. so there were some good chants directed at that guy like THIS IS YOUR FAULT etc. really good match

main event was dave crist and sami callihan vs. homicide and eddie kingston. great atmosphere for this one with eddie and homicide coming out to uncle murda and poo poo. spilled into the crowd almost immediately, pretty much on top of me. homicide did a dive into the crowd and i may be exaggerating but i was p drunk but i think i caught him and stopped him from bowling over the little kid next to me lol. homicide was like ARE YOU OK to the kid and he was so homicide picked him up over his head to celebrate lol. then they took our beer bucket and sami and eddie sat on chairs and exchanged headshots with it. they then proceed to brawl all the way through the room which you can pretty much bank on in these eddie/sami matches. did another bar spot, homicide and crist fought up to the balcony i think. homicide got a hold of samis manager jt davidson and gave him the full forking on the apron and dude bladed and bled all over the place. jake crist came from the crowd i think so he and dave fought eddie to the back. not sure people recognized him until people started chanting OI4K. sami took the opportunity to hit his finish on homicide for the win. sami got on the mic and talked poo poo and then there was the exchange about pentagon jr i posted above. fun match, fun show

july is sami v pentagon, ar fox vs fitchett, other announced talent thus far is gargano, ciampa, fenix, everett, lee, zsj and the aaw debut of MARTY SCURLL BABY

they announced another 600+ person full house

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/744042483865260032
https://twitter.com/aawdannydaniels/status/743882443409752064

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least Cody's guaranteed a win at one of these indy shows

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

The decidedly tattooed man named Bubblegum appears to be pushing 50. Poor decisions have been made, here.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I can't wait for Bubblegum to be the one to slay BROCK LESNAR

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Chris James 2 posted:

At least Cody's guaranteed a win at one of these indy shows

If he doesn't come out as Dashing Cody Rhodes then the ball has been dropped

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Where is Zandig? where is he

honeymustard
Dec 19, 2008

Shut up cunt.
Bubblegum is great.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

little munchkin posted:

Where is Zandig? where is he

TAKING HIS FUCKIN COMPANY BACK

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Lord Zandig dwells in your heart through faith.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I'm glad he's back to being overweight and cutting himself in front of people, but I wish he would get back on steroids as well

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I dunno if you're gonna get the Icon back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJqtTpIfR9Y

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Who's the guy with the glasses giving the bird?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

its me

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Joey Janela.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
How was the TOD?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

KungFu Grip posted:

How was the TOD?

Better than last years. I very much enjoyed it and think it's worth checking out if you like deathmatches.

Few notes:

The tournament had good pacing as far as the stipulations go.
Masada actually tried.
Newcomer Jeff Cannonball had a fun debut.
Alex Colon has a death wish.
The non tournament matches weren't total poo poo. Specially the Deej/Zandig story line which was hilarious. (though the CZWStudios version left out the Rockstar Pro showcase which is fine since I heard it wasn't good)
The finals were brutal and Ricky Shane Page is an insane person.
Emil Jay, the commentator, get's progressively drunker and it's fantastic.

If you want a free month of the CZWStudios use the coupon code PWPFREECZW.

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 21, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Better than last years. I very much enjoyed it and think it's worth checking out if you like deathmatches.

Few notes:

The tournament had good pacing as far as the stipulations go.
Masada actually tried.
Newcomer Jeff Cannonball had a fun debut.
Alex Colon has a death wish.
The non tournament matches weren't total poo poo. Specially the Deej/Zandig story line which was hilarious. (though the CZWStudios version left out the Rockstar Pro showcase which is fine since I heard it wasn't good)
The finals were brutal and Ricky Shane Page is an insane person.
Emil Jay, the commentator, get's progressively drunker and it's fantastic.

If you want a free month of the CZWStudios use the coupon code PWPFREECZW.

Hell yes, thank you so much for this and glad you liked the show

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/745120378536656896

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

House of Hardcore is running a cross-promotional show in Melbourne this weekend with Outback Championship Wrestling and the card & personnel is exactly what I would expect.

MadDog vs Cletus ladder match for OCW championship
Victoria vs Mickey James
Krackerjak vs MVP vs Tommy Dreamer vs Andy Phoenix
Mark Silva vs Bull Dempsey

Other international blokes on the show include Magnus & Carlito. What I don't understand is how do they intend to make money from this show? Flying out a bunch of people from America is not cheap and why couldn't they book just one of James or Victoria and have them work with Kellyanne who has created some genuine buzz on the Australian indie scene? The only thing about the show that interests me is that Mark Silva is making his debut and that's mostly because Silva is the son of legendary AFL commentator Dennis Cometti.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Beyond Wrestling will be in Somerville this Sunday for "Ripped Off in the Prime of Life."

*Main Event*
Death By Elbow (Chris Hero & JT Dunn) vs. Donovan Dijak & Chris Dickinson

*First Time In The United States*
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Jonathan Gresham

*First Time Ever*
Tommaso Ciampa vs. David Starr

*HOSS FIGHT*
Keith Lee vs. John Silver

*Steel Cage Rounds Match – Must Win By Knock Out Or Submission*
Matthew Riddle vs. Chuck “Cold Steel” O’Neil

*Six Man Tag Team Match*
Team Pazuzu (Jaka, Angel Ortiz, & Mike Draztik) vs. Scarlet And Graves (Dave Crist, Dezmond Xavier, & Zachary Wentz)

*Snap The Streak*
Brian Fury vs. Suge D

*A Rivalry Renewed*
Dave Cole vs. Anthony Stone

*Women’s Wrestling Revolution Showcase*
Taeler Hendrix vs. Jordynne Grace

Scheduled To Compete At Beyond Wrestling #RippedOffInThePrimeOfLife:

– Ken Broadway
– Private Party (Isiah Kassidy & Marq Quen)
– Smiley
– Sonya Strong

They still have about 40 tickets left.

They've added a few more shows this summer too.
Flesh is the double header show with Evolve in Melrose at the Melrose Memorial Hall on July 17th,
Americarana '16 in Providence, RI at Fete Music on July 31st.
Greatest Rivals Round Robin in Providence, RI at AS220 for Foo Fest 2016 on August 13th. Team Pazuzu will be facing against each other for the tournament. Angel Ortiz, Mike Draztik, Jaka, and Chris Dickinson.
Then I imagine August 28th will have some form Battle of New England.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Krotch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
That round robin seems like a pretty big step down from last year's