Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't give a gently caress for Musous or Berserk but I might check this one if they can keep that promise.

"I don't give a gently caress about Musou" says the guy who plays the Senran Kagura series which is a copy of Musou

it's a new page here's a song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2lGIbBxEk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i am looking forward to the berserk musou trailer that isn't "remember (one of) the rape scene(s)?"

I'm not sure there'd be enough content for a full trailer

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm sure the next trailer will have lovely depictions of an innocent horse.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

I'm not sure there'd be enough content for a full trailer

remember when guts killed a hundred men? that could be stretched to at least 25 seconds.

e: which is about how long it would take to kill 100 men in a musou game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HGH posted:

I'm sure the next trailer will have lovely depictions of an innocent horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPP1e7hOyik

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Superbeat Xonic's unskippable opening credit movie is loving obnoxious... who thought that was a good idea?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Megalixir posted:

"I don't give a gently caress about Musou" says the guy who plays the Senran Kagura series which is a copy of Musou
For a copy of Musou it sure does badly at copying anything that makes a Musou

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Megalixir posted:

Burst and Deep Crimson are brawlers/Beat 'em up. The Versus games are the ones that are pseudo musous and those are loving terrible.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The only thing I don't get is why you want these brawlers to have tons of enemies who are all only slightly less threatening than the boss characters. Games like that are gigantic slogs where the odds are consistently and massively against you. You're not playing as an underdog. You're playing quarterback with no one else on your team. That's not fun. There's no reward in that. What you want is a Gauntlet Mode in Dead or Alive 5, not a beat-em-up.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Burst and Deep Crimson are brawlers/Beat 'em up. The Versus games are the ones that are pseudo musous and those are loving terrible.

The versus games are better than the 3DS ones so I dont know how bad you think those are.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Regarding the physical releases comment:

Do companies actually have any incentive to do physical releases nowadays? Isn't it just a lot of extra cost to sell a thing for the same price as they could get by shuffling some bits over a wire?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

Regarding the physical releases comment:

Do companies actually have any incentive to do physical releases nowadays? Isn't it just a lot of extra cost to sell a thing for the same price as they could get by shuffling some bits over a wire?

The incentive is I want one.

Also the PSN is garbo at least over here.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Beyond physical releases selling better? Not really

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mithaldu posted:

Do companies actually have any incentive to do physical releases nowadays?

There are still a lot of people who won't buy something if it's not a thing they can hold in their hands. Call it outdated thinking or whatever but it doesn't change that fact. Digital of course has the best profit margins, but if it's not adopted extensively, that's a moot point.

This trend is changing, though, even in old Japan where even the shittiest indie/VNs needed to have a physical version or they might as well not exist. There will be more and more mid tier companies releasing digital-only from here onwards.

But Vita-wise, between the large attachment rate on the platform, the collecting aspect (considering how non mainstream the system is), and the ridiculous prices of the memory cards, there will always be a vocal group in favor of physical releases.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's a small subset of people that get weird about digital only releases because they won't be able to redownload Senran Kagura Bon Appetit in 2032 when Sony shuts down the Playstation Network

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's not really just a niche subset though. Like only the niche subset specifically wants physical copies, but lots of sales are driven just by random schmucks impulse buying a game at their local eb games or wherever

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cake Attack posted:

lots of sales are driven just by random schmucks impulse buying a game at their local eb games or wherever

Yeah, but that's a moot point regarding the Vita since barely any retailer carries them or the software anymore.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah instead you just get Sony's super deep discounts on the PSN instead.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't remember the last time I actually went into a game store.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I only go into retro game stores these days of which at least 3 exist near me for whatever reason

they have a vita section

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that's because all vita games are instant classics

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i was going to make a joke about the girl rubbing card game, but i forgot what it's called. i'm...i'm free.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

i was going to make a joke about the girl rubbing card game, but i forgot what it's called. i'm...i'm free.

monster monpiece

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Monster Musume

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

no wait

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I want a MonMusu game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

The only thing I don't get is why you want these brawlers to have tons of enemies who are all only slightly less threatening than the boss characters. Games like that are gigantic slogs where the odds are consistently and massively against you. You're not playing as an underdog. You're playing quarterback with no one else on your team. That's not fun. There's no reward in that. What you want is a Gauntlet Mode in Dead or Alive 5, not a beat-em-up.

:shrug: I got bored real fast at fighting potato sacks disguised as enemies, something like DMC4 SE' Legendary Dark Knight mode is what I find really fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did you stand around trying to kill them all like a game reviewer instead of just heading for the objectives and taking out the officers?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

Did you stand around trying to kill them all like a game reviewer instead of just heading for the objectives and taking out the officers?

I spend a good five minutes fighting them before taking down the officers, yeah, otherwise I'd just playing the regular difficulties.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
legendary dark knight mode is an extra super hard difficulty in a game with a pretty deep and well thought-out base combat system

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I spend a good five minutes fighting them before taking down the officers, yeah, otherwise I'd just playing the regular difficulties.

Higher difficulties are designed for levelled characters and are amazingly unfun if you start on them.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Colonel posted:

legendary dark knight mode is an extra super hard difficulty in a game with a pretty deep and well thought-out base combat system

I know, is fantastic :allears:

Sakurazuka posted:

Higher difficulties are designed for levelled characters and are amazingly unfun if you start on them.

Fair point, although I've found tackling higher dificulties from the get go as the best way to get the hang of the game system.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Monster Musume

that was my first guess and i was happy to realize immediately it was wrong

MotU posted:

monster monpiece

eff off!!! don't drag me down with you!!!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Monster Musoume

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Cake Attack posted:

Saoshyant posted:

There are still a lot of people who won't buy something if it's not a thing they can hold in their hands. ...
Ok, thanks for explaining that. I thought buying physical would be the exception nowadays.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cake Attack posted:

I take that depends on the publisher. EV selling 10k copies on its launch month doesn't seem like anything to write home about.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Monster Musume

shut up, it's like you're drawing a summoning circle for him

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I figured Platcha would be more upset at Sophie dressing her in fetish wear

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

i am looking forward to the berserk musou trailer that isn't "remember (one of) the rape scene(s)?"

Boy does Berserk start out rough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdY7NMWhLc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I didn't know I wanted this until you typed it.