Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Rainbow Snail event started for the next week! Make sure you are doing quick timer actions and not combat(bad drop rate) so you can get mass snails and buy some cool stuff hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Virigoth posted:

Rainbow Snail event started for the next week! Make sure you are doing quick timer actions and not combat(bad drop rate) so you can get mass snails and buy some cool stuff hopefully.

Nice. Let's hope Cowboy tries to pull a Loz and refuses to participate (and then shows a complete inability to shut up about it.)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Beware world chat. It is full of eugenics advocates.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I honestly don't know what's real anymore. :psyduck:

All these loving pubbies need therapy and half of them should probably be on a watchlist somewhere.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jun 18, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So I had a neat idea.

Northern Salads (+15 mana on next action) require a bunch of relatively easy to obtain materials and we now have a single cook (Meowth) at 47 who can make them. Why not churn out a ton to help level up Magic for people?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

The base timer on Northern Salad is low enough that I can get to 20 sec without buffs so I can make them all day every day pretty easily. I'm cooking up the ones we have now. According to the recipe book (holy poo poo I did not know how to use this until just recently), we're shortest on Larch Leaves, then Mountain Sorrels.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I support this idea. I'm two levels away from being able to cut larch, so I'll push for that to up our supply.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Mountain Sorrels are basically a waste product of growing frost flowers into roseroots, so we shouldn't need to worry about those. (You can also grow them directly, but we still have so many frost flowers to get through.) Bearberry leaves come as a "random" drop (not actually affected by the random drops stat) when you finish clearing a bearberry extension. Those end up becoming a limiting factor once you start getting enough larch leaves. The larch leaves seem to be the hardest to get, coming as a relatively uncommon random drop when chopping larch trees.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
In as Oesor to try it out

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Roseo posted:

In as Oesor to try it out

You've been invited.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Come for the woodcutting, stay for the incest roleplay!

16:20:57 * Gomez sneaks up behind Wednesday and puts rose with thrones in her mouth and ggles her *
16:21:48 LadyinWaiting Legion : Hey Gomez!! Huggles!
16:21:52 DivineCoffeeBinge : oh God this fuckin' guy
16:22:30 Gomez Addams : hows my daughter? hurt any one today
16:22:56 LadyinWaiting Legion : I'm good. And surprisingly no not yet

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

10:28:08 From Charles Bukowski : did I sell you snail bucks at aeon bay, 1.8 months ago around 2pm central time

Does the game track these trades itself, or is he keeping a trade spreadsheet that divides months up decimally?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, just a heads up, I'll be on vacation all next week, from the 27th to the 4th. I'll be back though, so don't panic or whatever.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
is amar broken or is it just me?

...apparently it's just me. oh well

Kluliss fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 25, 2016

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
That was a sweet haul of snail gear, gents. I feel lost now, though, without the hunt for rainbow snails. Are these sweet saved up random drop bonuses worth spending for golden eggs, or should I just keep them until the next event? Those timer bonuses are going straight to chopping the woods :parrot:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I got literally no snail gear :(

I didn't play a ton but still I probably did like 6-10 hours at Palm trees and got nothing

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Moose_Knuck posted:

That was a sweet haul of snail gear, gents. I feel lost now, though, without the hunt for rainbow snails. Are these sweet saved up random drop bonuses worth spending for golden eggs, or should I just keep them until the next event? Those timer bonuses are going straight to chopping the woods :parrot:

There's a few things with good random drops, it kind of depends what you're doing. Try to use at least a few of them if you're getting full. No point in letting them get capped and wasting pubbie gifts.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Magres posted:

I got literally no snail gear :(

I didn't play a ton but still I probably did like 6-10 hours at Palm trees and got nothing

Quick, go to AB, there are only 47 sets left in the guild storage! :p

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
oh lol

im dumb shutup

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

MooCowlian posted:

There's a few things with good random drops, it kind of depends what you're doing. Try to use at least a few of them if you're getting full. No point in letting them get capped and wasting pubbie gifts.

yeah if nothing else, fish to try for purple snails with +random%, they give nice cooking/alchemy XP

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

oldskool posted:

yeah if nothing else, fish to try for purple snails with +random%, they give nice cooking/alchemy XP

They turn in to +mana regen consumables (the meat into escargot and the shells into potions of clarity) too, which is pretty sweet for everyone who can self-buff.

In other news, Altoscholto gave us 24 sets worth of snails (120 total) that I think he got from Charles. Seems like he's trying to butter us up so he can come visit our guild later on. We are finally the prettiest princesses at the ball. Even Cowboy's apologized for being mean to us and wants to be friends now (l o loving l).

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Horking Delight posted:

Even Cowboy's apologized for being mean to us and wants to be friends now (l o loving l).

When did this happen?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

RabbitWizard posted:

Quick, go to AB, there are only 47 sets left in the guild storage! :p

Eh what? Can we buy stuff with the rainbow snails now?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, gear that gives 1 timer, 1 min timer, 20% random drops, 2% success, +2 spell duration. Head, chest, legs, feet, hands slots, each costs 1 rainbow snail at the vendor in AB.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
+1 timer, -1 min timer. Don't wear this stuff all the time unless you want to always be <20s

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Solvency posted:

When did this happen?

A little while ago, did the whole "congrats on cone working their way up the ranks", "I might have said some stuff but it wasn't meant to be an insult" non-apology, etc. He's not trying to butter us up like Alto or wants friends but is confused about it like Charles.

I don't really understand what his angle is but Charlette got kicked from ATF for taking copper from the guild shop and now she and blyth are starting a new guild or something, idk. Apparently brinewave in Slumber is super confused at how we haven't have our guild split apart yet because he thinks there's no way 50+ people can play together without a guild-destroying leadership squabble (in return, of course, we've been not-so-subtly bragging in chat about how we're all space communists and everyone has full access to the guild bank).

Maybe Cowboy thinks if he plays his cards right he can propose a merger and get a leadership position or something else that's comically stupid?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

No his words were using quotes for bold so it looked like

I'm "sorry" to cone/bird for any "wrongs" I did.

He then argued that he's not going to change how he types and we need to just learn that's how he does it. No buddy you need to learn that is like doing air quotes, if you do that in real life you are going to get stabbed.

what he wanted to do exactly was just let everything slide and have him forgive us like Jesus. I don't have a problem letting his past actions go, he's already hosed it up again! Let him ruin his clean start that he wants. Maybe we can get something out of it if we're friendly for a bit.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 28, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I hear that if you give a goon 100k copper they'll sponsor you and help you get into the guild

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Magres posted:

I hear that if you give a goon 100k copper they'll sponsor you and help you get into the guild

This is one game where scamming will get you banned so, as funny as that would be, we can't do it.

Jeans
Jan 8, 2011
In as Jeans, would love an invite

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Jeans posted:

In as Jeans, would love an invite

Invited, press butan for fun.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

If anyone is looking for something to do we have a couple new up-and-coming tailors (including myself trying to get some levels in it) so we need bulk animal and snake hides gathered! I know a lot of the FightGoons have wondered off to doing other things because nobody really ever ordered anything from us but now we have actual work if people want to do some combat again for awhile!

I'd say we aim to deposit as starters:
30,000 Animal Hides
15,000 Snake Hides

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Hey, something else I can use to be less productive at work. Could someone send an invite to FatSamurai, please?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Fat Samurai posted:

Hey, something else I can use to be less productive at work. Could someone send an invite to FatSamurai, please?

Added.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Virigoth posted:

If anyone is looking for something to do we have a couple new up-and-coming tailors (including myself trying to get some levels in it) so we need bulk animal and snake hides gathered! I know a lot of the FightGoons have wondered off to doing other things because nobody really ever ordered anything from us but now we have actual work if people want to do some combat again for awhile!

I'd say we aim to deposit as starters:
30,000 Animal Hides
15,000 Snake Hides

Seconding this, I made a boatload of botas and am fresh out of snake hides to keep going.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Don't forget that you can eat snake jerky or smoked salmon to get more and better drops in combat (400% random drops and 100% double drops are the limits). We have loads of both right now, so go nuts.

Also I forgot to mention all of it but your starting gear (stuff every newbie takes) should look like this:

Festive hat
Easter pendant
Blue shirt
Blue mittens
Blue skirt
Festive boots

Tools
Food

Festive gear's from a while ago so we have to buy from pubbies for more, so if we're out, bother someone to buy more I guess. Easter pendants drop gold eggs that can be traded for buffs (or more pendants) so if we're out, tell someone to trade for more. Blue clothes make you go faster (red, for some reason, increases random drop rate instead) and we should have tons/we can craft more if needed.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Festive boots are pretty difficult to get at this point. The cheapest in shops are 2 sparklies for 30k and then 5 normal ones for 50k. We're out in storage. Basically, unless someone bought up a big pile when they were cheap I don't think they're really an option, at least for new players and probably for most of the rest of us.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

:eng101: actually, we just bought 7 pairs of hats and shoes for 220k total, so if you want one, now's the time.

But yeah we've demolished the market supply and from now on should stick to buying them from private trades instead of driving up the public price.

Hopefully either the Christmas event will have more festives, or grumpy will introduce more gear that's comparable to it.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 30, 2016

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
Just jumped in, and hoping to get an invite to the guild. Username is wormtomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

bigass jncos posted:

Just jumped in, and hoping to get an invite to the guild. Username is wormtomb.

Invited, press butan.