Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
There are way too many game/movie named Cursed Mummy. It's like that's the only thing the whole world in the 80's know about Egypt. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Wait until he's asleep and kill him in a way that preserves his body. Then take his stuff and rez.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Nyaa posted:

There are way too many game/movie named Cursed Mummy. It's like that's the only thing the whole world in the 80's know about Egypt. :(

Why's the mummy got to be cursed? No one ever talks about a blessed mummy or even an inert mummy. Always cursed. Every one of them. How the hell were the people who owned those bodies supposed to use them in paradise?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Why's the mummy got to be cursed? No one ever talks about a blessed mummy or even an inert mummy. Always cursed. Every one of them. How the hell were the people who owned those bodies supposed to use them in paradise?

I know it's a hateful stereotype but it probably relates to a perceived taboo about jostling corpses associated with powerful Egyptian gods.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I know it's a hateful stereotype but it probably relates to a perceived taboo about jostling corpses associated with powerful Egyptian gods.

Or people could just not do stuff to the dead.

I guess 'don't be a dick' is a 21st-century thing. Or later.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 17, 2016

Paradox Man
Oct 22, 2008
We still need an arm and he has so many, he could give us a hand.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But the dead have all the coolest stuff. Like masks and swords and other cool old stuff. It belongs in a museum!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

It's at the end of the tech tree in Civ6 I think and it certainly doesn't apply to this game or any game made by Herman Skull.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I managed to dig up an ancient computer adaptation of The Cursed Mummy and I'm trying to get it to emulate properly and upload it tonight because I love you. Stay tuned

also I think grabbing an arm is a good move, I'll have that card ready to look at with the next update.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm tuned into you, Isaias.

:f5h:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Outrail posted:

I'm tuned into you, Isaias.

:f5h:

Sorry for the delays but this thing I've found is worth it, I promise. I've managed to get the emulation about halfway to working.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

:ok:

Thanks for waiting! The last page, completed:

To get to the expansion (and not piss off Hardmod) we gotta let him get a good night's sleep. Turning to 4:

So our ESSENCE is restored, we can take whatever limbs and bits we want from the bucket, but first let's play the expansion, The Curse of the Cursed Mummy!

Unfortunately the little booklet I used to have has been destroyed by time - it's made of the same garbage paper as everything else Herman Skull makes. However, I did find an ancient PC adaptation that could only be found on a misprint early run of those AOL CDs everyone used to get, and also hidden away on some of those 1001 shareware title compilations in a non-visible folder under the Accountancy Software sections. I've been working on getting it running on modern PCs and I think I may just have managed! PC only, sorry:

Download it here: https://goo.gl/Vfwm05

Unzip and and run CURSE.EXE

I'd be interested to know how your mini-adventure winds up. It gives us +1 FIST whenever we necromance, which is an early example of pay to win.

Anyway, what limb(s) do we want, and with the Lich coming back what's the next move? We can ask him at least one question or demand one thing off him before things kick off again.

Adventure sheet:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Get a new torso, this decrepit old barrel had already cost us with the ladies.
Also that mini-adventure is p.awesome.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 18, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
This is Skull's extremely long-winded scheme to infect us with malware.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Download it here: https://goo.gl/Vfwm05

Unzip and and run CURSE.EXE
I was about to play witcher 3 today, but I can't pull myself away from this game. I would say CURSE.EXE has better nuance when it comes to the moral choices and the sex scenes are far more satisfying :heysexy:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

CopperHound posted:

I was about to play witcher 3 today, but I can't pull myself away from this game. I would say CURSE.EXE has better nuance when it comes to the moral choices and the sex scenes are far more satisfying :heysexy:

the two sex scenes are repulsive, it's all necrophilia this and bestiality that

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I kinda wanna take one of the monstrous arms, but I think that messes up our Union membership
I THINK we get one of the better endings if we can somehow maintain good standing in the Union, but it's hard to do. Or we get one of the worst endings, I can't remember.

Anyways, new torso and arm are in order.
Take the Sword Arm and any nonshitty torso.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Is there a gorilla arm?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Any crustacean arms? Just because their skeletons are on the outside doesn't mean that lobsters don't know how to skele-party.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

yeah there's a bunch of crap in there, I remember seeing some of those bits in the deck

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

get one of those arms that can't stop making a j/o motion

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
We should grab that fused rib torso that definitely isn't a rip off of another beloved English IP.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I got the good ending :3:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Can we get the Hand Cannon?

It's a fuse-lit bombadier's weapon-appendage made by a one-handed dwarf demolitions "expert."

e: The fake hand in 'Berserk' comes to mind:

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 18, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Let's grab the monkey paw for an arm. Its got two wishes left but they'll backfire horribly which helpful if we word it tricky.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Can we get the Hand Cannon?

It's a fuse-lit bombadier's weapon-appendage made by a one-handed dwarf demolitions "expert."

e: The fake hand in 'Berserk' comes to mind:

You might be thinking of a different series. These are the dwarves in this neck of the woods (from the Sword of the Bastard Elf Bestiary):

Most of them are pacifists or at least not big on weapons.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Yikes! Well then what about the Pacifist's Hand Cannon then? :v:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I'd be interested to know how your mini-adventure winds up.

My ending was... well, every page, every ending. All of them. It took a little while. It's how I always did CYOA books when I was a kid, reading through and putting bookmarks in at every decision and going back to the last fork I was at once I get an ending and bouncing backwards then going forwards again untill I had read everything. Because why would you not read the whole book? Basically the same technique for Curse of the Cursed Mummy, just a lot more restarting and clicking through everything over and over. It was a really fun adventure, well done to, umm, Mr. Skull, and of course SIB for assembling it into a running program!

As for parts, we definately need a new arm, since we are missing one right now, so pretty much just go for the coolest one in the pile. If there is an arm with a six fingered hand in there, that could be handy later. Also keep the barrel chest it is cool, gives us a mobile hiding spot, and lets us carry an extra item!

We might want to ask Hardmod about the tower, but someone probably has a better idea then that.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Dig through the pile for a tuxedo torso

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Here's what's on the docket for now:

Regular torso
Sword Arm
Non-IP-Infringing Fused-Rib Sea-Marine Torso
Dwarven Hand Cannon
Monkey Paw
Six-Fingered Hand
Tuxedo Torso
Crab Hand
Gorilla Hand
Constant j/o action hand

We'll narrow it down later but they're all great choices. It's ok to stop being decrepit too, the game sort of expects you not to be so slovenly by this point and we've already blown the "don't raise or harvest anything" ending.

E: I assume we're still staying Union for the time being?

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 19, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Was skull made out of hard spiked metal a union approved option?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Union 4 lyfe, bro

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Keep out current head
Grab Non-IP-Infringing Fused-Rib Sea-Marine Torso
Grab Monkey Paw

Paradox Man
Oct 22, 2008
Just take the coolest arm and see if they have a Herman skull.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

poo poo, I almost forgot
Take the skeletal peg leg.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Paradox Man posted:

Just take the coolest arm and see if they have a Herman skull.

I believe you can find an item called Herman's Skull in the book; but it is hidden away in a really awkward to get to number. I think it's only accessible with the Ten Foot Necromantic Pole

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

stay union

Grab Non-IP-Infringing Fused-Rib Sea-Marine Torso
Grab Monkey Paw

I also vaguely remember that we can get the Mind Eater skull here. Let's do that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So my first play through I punched Indiana Jones in the dick and turned his keys into vipers. My second play through I wound up working at a burger joint in London.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I can't play because I'm on mobile. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Who What Now posted:

I can't play because I'm on mobile. :saddowns:

Right there with you.