Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
He literally oneshots tracer with a headshot, and isolating/blowing up genji isn't setting the world on fire either. If he were a harder counter to zippy flankers he'd need to be nerfed again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Pretty sure a headshot with the Peacekeeper does 140 damage, so no.

Edit: I'm honestly more careful around Soldiers than Mccrees while playing as either Tracer or Genji.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Ah, I guess the couple I fought this morning were softened up a little :sweatdrop:

that's still really freakin' good though. Like: you wouldn't want it to be much better.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BJPaskoff posted:

Blizzard's developers are geniuses. They purposely designed the game so that there is no way a player can feel as though they are the reason their team lost. They also designed it so that no individual team member you have can be singled out as the reason you lost, unless it's painfully obvious like a Mercy who only uses her pistol. If you lose, obviously either your entire team let you down by not being on point, or MMR hosed you and you got steamrolled, so it's not your fault either.

There's a lot of ways they made this happen: the lack of an in-game scoreboard, the fact that even the worst player in the match can get a scorecard for something, the quick respawn time, always seeing your teammates fighting, etc. It's a well designed to keep you playing.

I dunno id say its pretty obvious when the only cards your team gets are the bm ones like "healing done" and "damage shielded", or when one person has 30%+ of team damage done on a comp with 3-4 dps classes

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Broken Cog posted:

After stun that's an one-shot, but I didn't argue Tracer losing hard to McCree at any moment in my posts. I mean, you'd have to bother READING stuff to get that, but what I'm saying is that he's not at all consistent in dealing with flankers not named Tracer anymore, while still deleting tanks because fan roll fan will only hit consistently on big bodies. Now, this goes against his established design core and makes him a worse character. By how much I dunno, maybe at pro-level he's still the best DPS, but I kinda doubt that.

Also I'm not in a good mood because I'm waaaay too high in the MMR and my matches aren't fun at all lately. It's all stomps against teams on voice comm. Hopefully competitive mode will let me do poo poo for fun again.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I find most characters are really good/fun. Only obvious balance change I'd make is giving D.Va a buff, as they're going to do. And I guess Pharah's concussion blast doing a little bit of damage, like McCree's flashbang.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Dias posted:

, but sure, do your silly goon line, it's fine. Then go the gently caress back to GBS,.

:ironicat:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
nice

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wish team tips wouldn't say "No sniper"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Minrad posted:

im sad that reddit is encroaching on my torbjorn gimmick territory

https://gfycat.com/SmugCraftyBlackrhino

ahahahah holy poo poo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Xenaero posted:

Sometimes yes, sniper. But no sniper when someone already locked in a sniper or when you're playing KOTH. God, Hanzos on KOTH are the worst thing I can see on a team comp.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mccree can't really handle reaper in close proximity anymore but the other offensive flankers he can shut down handily. genji can't heal himself so you can just chip damage him to bait the reflect, stun him, then fan the hammer and he's dead. if he stays at range then you win because the peacemaker is better for that

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Xenaero posted:

yeah that tip does significantly more harm than good

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

mccree can't really handle reaper in close proximity anymore but the other offensive flankers he can shut down handily. genji can't heal himself so you can just chip damage him to bait the reflect, stun him, then fan the hammer and he's dead. if he stays at range then you win because the peacemaker is better for that

Thing is that Genji gets to choose how he's gonna engage you.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if he flanks you, sure. so do tracer or reaper or whoever else. if you see him, you're in a better position regardless of whether he knows you're there because you have a better weapon at range and an I-win button if he gets close. you still have a better chance of winning against a genji that catches you off guard as mccree than when the situation is reversed. mccree is still good against genji

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Heavy Metal posted:

I think it's fun! The game itself is never frustrating for me, at most it's just a little annoying when somebody complains in the chat.

For example I just played this after playing some Counter-Strike GO competitive mode, this game is incredibly relaxing and forgiving in comparison. There are so many ways to play, it's just a nice fun time I'd say.

By the way I just got a quintuple kill POTG with Mei, best character in the game as we all know. (It took me quite some time to get a Mei POTG lemme tellya) (Mei is bae)

Today I've had loads of fun. Sometimes though aaarggh I get some frustrations. I'd say 75% fun 25% frustration.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Xenaero posted:

No flankers!

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Ran in to a level 2 Hanzo doing crazy headsnaps again - after not seeing obvious hackers like this for a month I run in to 2 in the same day.

This guy's PotG was him getting 4 kills, perfect headshots, in 4 clicks on various moving enemies, snapping 180 degrees for the second two.

Am I paranoid? Does this happen? Is blizz going to fix it before competitive is a thing?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

if he flanks you, sure. so do tracer or reaper or whoever else. if you see him, you're in a better position regardless of whether he knows you're there because you have a better weapon at range and an I-win button if he gets close. you still have a better chance of winning against a genji that catches you off guard as mccree than when the situation is reversed. mccree is still good against genji

I mean, you're not wrong, but let's be honest, Genji catches you off-guard way more often that the opposite. I don't think Genji WINS the encounter, but it went to McCree, free, to kinda even-ish, which is like a MASSIVE change. Same goes for Reaper, more often than not it's a tie. Those two can back off and heal a lot easier than you can, also. Of course, you should have a Mercy around you very often, so it evens out.

Other than that, I'm growing to hate Junkrats and me dying to grenade spam because hey, it bounced right and hit me in the head. Fighting really good ones that can hear you coming and mine you in the face on fuckin reaction isn't fun either.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Mcree is probably standing around doing something useful so the onus is on genji to gently caress poo poo up near him. If the genji can't do that then the mcree is probably winning.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you force a flanker to retreat, that's a victory. Only one that is really capable of not being fazed is tracer with recall. Otherwise you've got Genji and Reaper, on very low health, who can no longer make any sort of aggressive play.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Goon in-house about to kick off: https://www.twitch.tv/whatspeakyou

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?

Xenaero posted:

I think it's fine, it just needs to show up in red after someone's picked one.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Replace the 'no snipers' tip with 'no flankers' and 'no front line damage' tia

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

and 'no front line damage' tia

please play front-liners, ideally in the front-line

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I do have a big problem hunting Genji's since McCree's nerf, and it seems like he has the advantage in almost every way in a 1v1. I've found a lot of success as McCree baiting him to engage me near teammates and then stun him near the group, where he almost always goes down. He is not hard countered by McCree in 1v1s anymore, but he certainly can be bruised still. And if you're really good with left clicks, you can eliminate him with a stun, left click headshot, then a bullet or two from fan the hammer. Still gotta stun him outside his reflect, though.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Away all Goats posted:

So apparently you can super jump with Genji

https://gfycat.com/ScaryBestEel
this is sick

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The best I've ever done.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Prav posted:

please play front-liners, ideally in the front-line

Yeah I get that there's nothing stopping a soldier 76 or Junkrat from fighting along the flanks, but it's better that someone picked them than not having any kind of frontline for Reinhardt/Mercy/other support to rally around.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Golem II posted:

The best I've ever done.

obviously edited, who gets exactly 100 direct rockets

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I had a game today where I had 5 gold medals as Zenyatta, and only the damage done dropped to silver near the end of the game. I should've taken a screenshot.

Zenyatta is so much fun now that Widowmaker isn't as big of a presence.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: I'm honestly more careful around Soldiers than Mccrees while playing as either Tracer or Genji.

Yeah, I dunno where people are getting this "McCree counters Genji" thing. Before the nerf everyone suggested Genji as the (poor) counter to McCree because he was the only one who had relatively even odds. Characters I hate to deal with way more than even pre-nerf McCree as Genji, who is my most played character at 19 hours:
Mei
Torbjorn
Winston
Symmetra
Roadhog
Reaper
Pharah
Soldier 76

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

This isn't a speed record on Hanamura. It's not even my speed record. But I feel like this round went really well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OwbOXdmVZI

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Balon posted:

Ran in to a level 2 Hanzo doing crazy headsnaps again - after not seeing obvious hackers like this for a month I run in to 2 in the same day.

This guy's PotG was him getting 4 kills, perfect headshots, in 4 clicks on various moving enemies, snapping 180 degrees for the second two.

Am I paranoid? Does this happen? Is blizz going to fix it before competitive is a thing?

Just report the fucker so he can get banned.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Recently picked this game up, is pretty fun, but I've been trying to use 76 as I heard he's a good beginner hero to learn on. But, is he supposed to be really weak? It feels like his bullets do basically nothing, but he's not fast enough to hit-and-run or tough enough to slug it out.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

He's got ok power, and his clip seems pretty deep to me. Aim for the head if you can. At long range aim for the head and keep your bursts to about 4 shots, which is where the bullet spread really kicks up on him.

Rockets do 120 damage, too.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Wapole Languray posted:

Recently picked this game up, is pretty fun, but I've been trying to use 76 as I heard he's a good beginner hero to learn on. But, is he supposed to be really weak? It feels like his bullets do basically nothing, but he's not fast enough to hit-and-run or tough enough to slug it out.

Are you going for headshots? Also his rockets are a huge part of his damage output. But you should be trying to save that for kill shots.

Also make sure you are targeting other squishies; priority targets should be healers (Mercy/Lucio/Zenyatta), Snipers (Widowmaker/Hanzo) and Turrets (Bastion/Torbjorn)

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Also, "ok power" puts him in like the top third for damage dealers. There's like 3 and a half low damage tanks, and about as many low damage supports.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Wapole Languray posted:

Are you holding the button down? Because after the first 4 shots, his fire gets a bit spread to the point that it's not really reliable at mid to long range. Fire in small bursts and you'll hit meat more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Wapole Languray posted:

Soldier is similar to McCree in the sense that his usefulness scales with how well you can aim. If you can control 4-round bursts and consistently hit people in the head he's a monster between close and mid range. His damage is consistent over his useful engagement range so don't be afraid to shoot at people like Phara. The helix rockets aren't super useful unless you're peeking at something like a turret or a bastion where burst damage is more important and you can offset the travel time. He also does good damage against Reinhart shields if you empty the mag and then helix rocket before ducking back into cover to reload.