Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I'VE GOT YOU IN MY SIGHTS :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

CrashCat posted:

For the DLC, obviously

I'm cool with that as supposedly the DLC will be free and they're banking on microtransactions for cosmetic items to pay for it. My favorite part of this game is when Mcree dies while activating his ultimate so everyone playing hears "It's high n-aughhh" Probably because you heard that line about thirty times a match in the beta.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 18, 2016

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

*batman voice* "I DIDN'T START THIS WAR..."

The best voice line that I spam over and over again when playing Soldier 76.

Enemy Ace
Mar 14, 2006
"We stain the sky. We fight a war in heaven."
No mans watch

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zorodius posted:

*plays a round of Overwatch*

Haha, this is great!

:yeah:

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Everyone who says no scoreboard is casual garbage for babies has clearly never played a tf2 match where people just dick around and rack up kills while a lone scout caps all the points with pretty much zero resistance

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're right because TF2 is also bad.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
They should nerf mei next, she makes me the maddest the most

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

garfield hentai posted:

Everyone who says no scoreboard is casual garbage for babies has clearly never played a tf2 match where people just dick around and rack up kills while a lone scout caps all the points with pretty much zero resistance

Having no scoreboard is loving great.
If your team is doing poo poo, people can't just start pointing fingers and crying and demanding Blizzard introduce a votekick option.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-edit

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 19, 2016

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
most of the thread would agree: the game is good

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
This thread has me thrown. Good? Bad? Here's the situation: Friend of mine wants me to play this game so badly that he says if I buy it and end up hating it, he'll reimburse the $40 in booze money. I am at once even more determined to write this game off with the added incentive of beer, but what if I like it? I just paid $40 for a game I might like juuuust enough to keep playing.

Help me out here. What of this Devil's bargain?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

phasmid posted:

This thread has me thrown. Good? Bad? Here's the situation: Friend of mine wants me to play this game so badly that he says if I buy it and end up hating it, he'll reimburse the $40 in booze money. I am at once even more determined to write this game off with the added incentive of beer, but what if I like it? I just paid $40 for a game I might like juuuust enough to keep playing.

Help me out here. What of this Devil's bargain?

Your two choices are; You buy the game and hate it, where bye your friends pays the cost.

Or

you buy the game and like it, thereby being happy you spent the 40 dollars to play it.

There is no downside.

If you wanted to be an underhanded gently caress, you could buy the game, and regardless of your feelings on it, tell your friend you hated it to get a free 40 bucks for a game. Understanding you may lose a friend, however good of a friend, in the process.

How much of a selfish gently caress are you? That's the question right now.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
got a message from my friend Mei here, she says

"冻住,不许走!"

translation: the game is good

Hometown Slime Queen fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 19, 2016

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

VendaGoat posted:

How much of a selfish gently caress are you? That's the question right now.

I play other Blizzard games. He'd see me online anyway, so treachery is out. Looks like I'm in the fiendish jaws of this win/win.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The game is actually really good and fun and the surprising amount of people incessantly bitching just makes me think they're just bad

Too be fair I'd never play this game alone and that sounds like a terrible experience

I thought the game looked dumb and I'd never played TF2 but yeah I like it so thanks for reading God bless

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

phasmid posted:

I play other Blizzard games. He'd see me online anyway, so treachery is out. Looks like I'm in the fiendish jaws of this win/win.

Like being seen doing something selfish has ever stopped a willing person.

Citation any famous person, ever.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

VendaGoat posted:

Like being seen doing something selfish has ever stopped a willing person.

Citation any famous person, ever.
No, I am not willing to upset a friend over 80 bux worth of beer and game and still drink the beer and still play the game. I asked him if the maps were poo poo-predictable and he said "kinda yeah but they're only on the first patch." My turmoil continues.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

I've been playing it since the beta, so mind you, i'm nuts for the game, but give it a shot people.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

phasmid posted:

No, I am not willing to upset a friend over 80 bux worth of beer and game and still drink the beer and still play the game. I asked him if the maps were poo poo-predictable and he said "kinda yeah but they're only on the first patch." My turmoil continues.

So you're not a selfish person. That's actually to your credit.

I still, am honor bound by recent events, to engage you as thus.

You puny willed gently caress. You have been given the opportunity to take advantage of another person, whom willingly, wishes to give you a boon and you are not going to cash in on their good will.

What sort of loving legless poo poo are you?

Your friend, who let me tell you would betray you at the slightest hint of betterment of himself, is giving you a personal opportunity to take advantage of them.

You're a gently caress not to take it.

I don't know how much the two of you make an hour, but he's/she's giving their hours of their life for yours. Take the loving money you oval office. Make your friend happy in his/her charity.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
WHOA Vendagoat chill out and play some good games like Overwatch

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

WHOA Vendagoat chill out and play some good games like Overwatch

I'm being something beyond what I normally am, to prove a point. :)

That's all.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

VendaGoat posted:

Your friend, who let me tell you would betray you at the slightest hint of betterment of himself, is giving you a personal opportunity to take advantage of them.

You're a gently caress not to take it.
You have moved me to take the deal. I will report back on my findings. I will either love the game or drunkenly shitpost.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

when you have a good team and everyone is working together and having a great time, the game is just one of the most fun games out there right now

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
yeah this game has true moments

sorry nerds

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its pretty fun and runs like butter on my old rear end computer so it thus exhibits qualities that allow it to be awarded the "good" classification.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
http://i.imgur.com/FWhvKtX.mp4

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
pig poop balls

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Mako Rutledge was one of the residents of the Outback when its omnium and the surrounding area was gifted to the omnics. He and other Outback residents were displaced, and formed the Australian Liberation Front to take back the land. The ALF fought the omnics until they sparked an explosion that irradiated the outback.

Mako adapted to the new environment by donning a mask and riding the broken highways on his chopper. He became an enforcer, and was eventually hired by Junkrat as a personal bodyguard in exchange for half of Junkrat's profits. Together, the two went on a crime spree around the world.

In Going Legit, Junkrat and Roadhog made a deal with the CEO of Hyde Global in Sydney to rescue its workers from omnic terrorists. They found out that the 'terrorists' were actually Hyde Global drones, and that the CEO had set them up, so they hung him from the top story of his skyscraper before blowing it up.

Junkrat and Roadhog have stolen royal artifacts from King's Row, destroyed shops and trucks in Paris, robbed the arcade in Hanamura, and stolen most of the Bank of Dorado's gold in their crime spree.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
high noon is the new 4:20

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

amusinginquiry posted:

Mako Rutledge was one of the residents of the Outback when its omnium and the surrounding area was gifted to the omnics. He and other Outback residents were displaced, and formed the Australian Liberation Front to take back the land. The ALF fought the omnics until they sparked an explosion that irradiated the outback.

Mako adapted to the new environment by donning a mask and riding the broken highways on his chopper. He became an enforcer, and was eventually hired by Junkrat as a personal bodyguard in exchange for half of Junkrat's profits. Together, the two went on a crime spree around the world.

In Going Legit, Junkrat and Roadhog made a deal with the CEO of Hyde Global in Sydney to rescue its workers from omnic terrorists. They found out that the 'terrorists' were actually Hyde Global drones, and that the CEO had set them up, so they hung him from the top story of his skyscraper before blowing it up.

Junkrat and Roadhog have stolen royal artifacts from King's Row, destroyed shops and trucks in Paris, robbed the arcade in Hanamura, and stolen most of the Bank of Dorado's gold in their crime spree.

roadhog should be the australian prime minister

A Horse Named Mandy
Feb 9, 2007
How did they copy every TF2 character three times over but not make a single spy? Turrets will be fine if you just throw enough bullets at them.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol i skip every custcene i can and ignore all character backstory. i just want to play a game.

videogame writers are all universally poo poo anyway so why even bother with whatever dumb story they wrote. i saw overwatch has some intro where the monkey is starting about som ething. dunno what because i skip it everytime.

know you rplace videogame makers. yal aint shakespeare. yall aint spielberg. yall certainly aint kubrick. sit the gently caress down and make a game that is fun for me to shoot people in or drive a car leave the storytelling to the real pros

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
also the game?

Chinatown posted:

its pretty fun

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
idk what overwatch is

battleborn is the better game imo

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Hmmmm? Bad game

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it's bad

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
now battleborn, thats what you call a bad game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ok, I mean, I don't know about that, but the game that this thread is about?

it's bad.

• Locked thread