Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

Is it different from the last monhun mmo/pc game?

New engine which means that you can actually break monster parts (p sure this didn't exist in Frontier [jp only mmo])
It's literally china only and knowing licensing it's going to stay that way :(

Else, the monsters are floatier than normal and have longer decision patterns but the latter might be because I'm only in Low Rank right now

Also it's railroaded like a typical China MMO, you can only buy 3 trap kits a day (???) and also you only get 10 monster hunting tickets per day (total cap at the end of the tutorial is like 30 I think) which so far I could blow through in like an hour if I weren't doing side quests in between

If you like monster hunter at all and have patience to play an mmo you can't read it's surprisingly decent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
The way Capcom has botched the Monster Hunter license here in the US will be told as a legendary tale of what not to do for decades to come.

Oh well, looks like fun.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I found out what movie Green Cloud Castle was based on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z27nHHw_nQo

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Tarezax posted:

I found out what movie Green Cloud Castle was based on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z27nHHw_nQo

Holy poo poo do I ever miss movie nights now

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Please Follow the Lady to the Guest Room

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Haquer posted:

Holy poo poo do I ever miss movie nights now

Quite possibly the part I miss most about GTC.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I could start them back up for black desert online, but eh.

By the way, we have two goon guilds there.

GoonTang and ParksAndRec

And I am not a part of goontang :coolspot:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I do wish BDO was based on awesome kung fu movies though.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

asia game chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeqpcUzOMhE

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I thought you were gonna post Tale of Wuxia.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

that one looks really really erally bad

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I'm trying to avoid the game where i get old and fat.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

that one looks really really erally bad

It's a remake of an old game. It's a pretty okay one of those kinds of games with a bunch of paths and stuff.

Seems to be more or less the same but it never was in English before.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Just couldn't let it slide into archives could you

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The thread must live, the world must know of Chinagame.exe

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I miss Wushu too but it's time to let go. There will never be another MMO as strange and obtuse.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We should do that by bumping it to the top by saying it should die

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Third World Reggin posted:

We should do that by bumping it to the top by saying it should die

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
This thread is the equivalent of a two headed piglet, floating around in formaldehyde.

Follow the laws of the flying eagle stronghold.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1466285022995.webm

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I think Reggin secretly still plays chinagame and is trying to get one of the make the horrid life decision to play it again with him so that he's not surrounded entirely by Brazilians and Vietnamese people.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Can we at least get the thread title changed to "(didn't help)"?

e: vvvvvvv Fair. vvvvvvv

TheRagamuffin fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 19, 2016

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Might as well just make it chinagame general at this point.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

TheRagamuffin posted:

Can we at least get the thread title changed to "(didn't help)"?

e: vvvvvvv Fair. vvvvvvv

I think either I asked for this like a year ago or it was suggested back then.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > Age of Wushu - NOW ON STEAM (didn't help) -- CHINAGAME GENERAL DISCUSSION

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I put in a report so maybe my sick moderation contacts will help. We'll lose the ASIA tag though unless someone punts it over to D&D for a change.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbeet posted:

We'll lose the ASIA tag though unless someone punts it over to D&D for a change.

:allears:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

A good asia film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf-tcyC5zdc

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I want to know who it was in ancient China who came up with the "yes let's shave most of the head" haircut

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

That isn't even the best one

check out double pony boy over here

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Speaking of Asia Films, I didn't know Ip Man 3 had come out until today

I liked it better than 2, although the Donnie Yen vs Mike Tyson brawl was kinda :wtf: I still liked it

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

angerbeet posted:

I want to know who it was in ancient China who came up with the "yes let's shave most of the head" haircut

loving manchus, coming in and taking our jobs

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

angerbeet posted:

We'll lose the ASIA tag though unless someone punts it over to D&D for a change.

:ocelot:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Bless you

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

The tag we've always deserved.

E: Aw, it's not shitpost.

Unhappy Meal fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 22, 2016

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

You lift me up like a couch Shine

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I personally feel that big part Chinagame.exe's charm was how mysterious it all was. There was no datamining, no real wikis, translation was basically incomprehensible and mechanics were novel. It felt like playing 80s/90s terrible samurai film where anything was possible and world was full of stuff to discover. Maybe there's something totally new behind that hill, maybe that NPC in this random corner of map has something cool if I talk to him, maybe I'll learn a new flightskill if I hump this bird's nest for 48 hours, maybe I can befriend Dongfang Shiting by squatting next to him for a week.

More we learned about the game, less magical and more broken it became.

Even if Chinagame n+1 does eventually come out, it's not going to be as amazing simply because we are going to be more familiar with how it all works out.

I'll probably join it anyway.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

lewtt posted:

so I just received an email

lol goontang in black desert online has to be renamed

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Puistokemisti posted:

I personally feel that big part Chinagame.exe's charm was how mysterious it all was. There was no datamining, no real wikis, translation was basically incomprehensible and mechanics were novel. It felt like playing 80s/90s terrible samurai film where anything was possible and world was full of stuff to discover. Maybe there's something totally new behind that hill, maybe that NPC in this random corner of map has something cool if I talk to him, maybe I'll learn a new flightskill if I hump this bird's nest for 48 hours, maybe I can befriend Dongfang Shiting by squatting next to him for a week.

More we learned about the game, less magical and more broken it became.

Even if Chinagame n+1 does eventually come out, it's not going to be as amazing simply because we are going to be more familiar with how it all works out.

I'll probably join it anyway.

yeah it was like playing old video games as a kid, everything was just rumors about how poo poo worked (which was wrong half the time) and there is a ridiculous amount of hidden things and stats in wushu

like when we were gifting the poo poo out of npcs, or giving them gifts trying to figure out what made them like you

turns out it didn't really affect much but you could get some kickass outfits out of it for befriending enough people in a zone that pretty much nobody else had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah, I got that sweet guard outift by stnading next to NPCs in Evil Men's Valley and abusing the cash-shop horse whistle and an autoclicker to buy thousands of throwing darts. Easier and more effective radish gain than by making tofu.

Eventually you got a weird daily quest that paid something like 20 wen for beating up a regular-strength NPC. My character still (probably) has all kinds of trash on it that is very clearly for friendship missions which were impossible to complete, or just not in the game yet. We did eventually find out what you were meant to do with that locket or whatever (which even said which NPC to give it to) but it wasn't actually implemented until near the end of the time I stopped playing, and of course it just led to another wild goose chase.

:allears:Chinagame:allears: