Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Look, I'm not saying that Luluco's middle school crush is garbage....

... I'm saying it should be hauled away AS garbage. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

people who didnt think the episode was cute are blackholeians

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

El Burbo posted:

people who didnt think the episode was cute are assholeians

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

El Burbo posted:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

El Burbo posted:

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Should Luluco have dumped Nova or is what they did the correct choice for them to have made? This is a question that many people debate. Me? I don't mind either way.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

El Burbo posted:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/ZwKbbRD.gifv

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I don't know if anyone mentioned this in the thread and I missed it, but I just realized the Blackholeian is Viral's VA. Both characters that can't understand the power/value of strong emotions.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

point of return posted:

Should Luluco have dumped Nova or is what they did the correct choice for them to have made? This is a question that many people debate. Me? I don't mind either way.

Luluco apparently never really told Nova how she felt in a straightforward way, so she confessed to him and presumably if he didn't give a gently caress or rejected her, she'd develop some different emotion to get the Blockholeian to gently caress off.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

She's got middle school girl determination and justice, she'd figure something out.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm so happy for Luluco and Nova-kun

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

PINK SUGAR HEART ATTACK

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

hoobajoo posted:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this in the thread and I missed it, but I just realized the Blackholeian is Viral's VA. Both characters that can't understand the power/value of strong emotions.

Yep! I realized this as soon as he started yelling.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Incidentally, when the blackholeian blasts off Nova's shirt you can see a Kizna scar!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i would have preferred if luluco just got over nova instead of what's happening.

but i am happy for her, as a fan, and hope we get a separate version of that upbeat version of pipo password to listen to.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Everything was amazing and stupid and amazing, but shout out to the pirate battle animation

hmm, something is wrong with that GIF, ... oh they dedicated 24fps to Lalaco:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

AnacondaHL posted:

hmm, something is wrong with that GIF, ... oh they dedicated 24fps to Lalaco:

god I love lalaco

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
lalaco: so amazing they animate her on ones

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

this fukkin' show

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

god I love lalaco

same

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Erg posted:

this fukkin' show

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pavlov posted:

The tone of the show so far has just been 'hyperbole for hyperbole's sake'. Remember the episode where the MC got turned-down so hard it literally killed her?

Middle school crushes are shallow stupid garbage. If you need an uplifting message that actually applies, its that it's ok if it's still important to you at the time. Just don't take it too seriously, or act like it's really significant in the grand scheme of things.

Actually this is just what I keep telling people in ADTRW if you replace 'middleschool crush' with 'lovely anime'.
keep your bad posts in /a/ please

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

keep your bad posts in /a/ please

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

It's hard to pick my favorite part of this episode, but this is probably it.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i agree with long post man that middle school crushes are in fact insignificant. i think ideally luluco would put her superficial interest in nova behind her and realize that her own values and opinion of herself are more important than some pretty boy with a 20 word vocabulary.

but excluding that, this is nice too.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I think it would be really sad if luluco thought her feelings were worthless and not worth exploring!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i don't think that's incompatible with her hormone-emotions re: nova being a bust

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

It comes off as weird because the lesson they're trying to show (be honest with yourself about your feelings, respect a target of affection as a person rather than an idol, and don't blame them for your inability to communicate your intent) is the kind of lesson you'd want to try to teach young men, not necessarily young women.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
You guys think there's supposed to be a lesson in this anime? :raise:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
let's seriously debate the message of Space Patrol Luluco, the wacky comedy story about a middle school girl deciding that crushes are cool

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The Colonel posted:

let's seriously debate the message of Space Patrol Luluco, the wacky comedy story about a middle school girl deciding that crushes are cool

Something can be a silly Wacky comedy about kids in space and also be a show trying to say something meaningful about crushes, simultaneously

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Honestly, the main lesson I'm getting from the anime is that it doesn't matter if someone else puts you down for it, if you find something important, you should fully embrace your feelings for it. The entire anime had been about Luluco knowing she had feelings for Nova, struggling between going for it and backing down, and then finally GOING FOR IT.

The black hole guy is probably right, it's probably just a silly middle school romance, but just accepting that as a fact wouldn't let Luluco progress as a person.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i think the real lesson is to do things, quickly, and maybe loudly, if you feel like it. own your destiny and run screaming into the future.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
moreover, the blackholeian is a real prick about it and should get punched in his stupid black hole face for it regardless of if he's right or not imo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Whether you're right or not, being a prick is bad.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I thought this anime was about trying to live a normal life and doing normal things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Luluco is very normal

• Locked thread