Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

See where the organic food craze has led you, hippies?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PFlats posted:

I wonder how much her cognition is affected by her age. In other words, does she only feel this way when she's her young self?

Seems like the fruit reverts her personality as well as her appearance.

Right now she'd be slightly older than she was when hastet-om took her, which explains... yeah

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Superstring posted:

See where the organic food craze has led you, hippies?!

Does murdertreefruit count as vegetarian?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The old gods all committed suicide. Why shouldn't the new gods do the same?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

nimby posted:

Does murdertreefruit count as vegetarian?

Only if one blatantly disregards the spirit of the term in service of its literal meaning. Which is to say, countless ethicists and gurus across Throne would undoubtedly condone it.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The whole universe around the comic is pretty well done, is there a good resource to peruse to learn more about it? I want to know why the angels have numbers and how Earth has escaped notice so far.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Demiurge4 posted:

The whole universe around the comic is pretty well done, is there a good resource to peruse to learn more about it? I want to know why the angels have numbers and how Earth has escaped notice so far.

http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/ is where the author takes/answers a lot of questions.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Cryophage posted:

http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/ is where the author takes/answers a lot of questions.

There's also a wiki http://killsixbilliondemons.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page. One of the stretch goals on his patreon is early access to a setting bible he's making so one is apparently forthcoming.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Demiurge4 posted:

I think the numbers are how many times that angel has died and been reborn into a new body although there are probably a few more specifics

Earth has escaped notice because all of creation is a big place and on a celestial scale we're completely irrelevant

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
isnt allisons earth also not our earth? i remember something about australia not existing or something like that

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

jsoh posted:

isnt allisons earth also not our earth? i remember something about australia not existing or something like that

They're missing Australia. Maybe.

So the reason it's escaped notice is that everyone travels by gates that are opened by keys. The gate to earth is locked now, who knows where the key is. Allison currently has the master key that can open or close any gaye.

Also the demiurges have 111,111 world apiece, so they can also overlook a world for a long time.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Aurium posted:

Also the demiurges have 111,111 world apiece, so they can also overlook a world for a long time.

They have 111,111 universes. If they can magic their way through space, they've got infinite worlds.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

nimby posted:

They have 111,111 universes. If they can magic their way through space, they've got infinite worlds.

Well, true, but apparently not all universes are equal in K6BD. Some might just be literally one world, while others might be more like ours, and others are just loving weird.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Well, true, but apparently not all universes are equal in K6BD. Some might just be literally one world, while others might be more like ours, and others are just loving weird.

A universe full of shrimp?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

nimby posted:

If you can quantify an entire universe into a number, and there are a finite number of universes, then there is a finite number of worlds.

Granted that number is in a magnitude that we cannot comprehend and is easier to imagine it as infinite, but its still finite.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ElMaligno posted:

If you can quantify an entire universe into a number, and there are a finite number of universes, then there is a finite number of worlds.

Granted that number is in a magnitude that we cannot comprehend and is easier to imagine it as infinite, but its still finite.

Dunno why you're assuming every universe has a finite amount of worlds. or exist in such a manner that worlds as we conceive them are relevant :tinfoil:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

nimby posted:

I don't think every universe has "space." Many have unique cosmologies.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So are all the universes infinite or can they range from infinite to the size of a meadow with a tree on a hill?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I hope the end game is that it turns out their wheel of 777,777 worlds is just one of many wheels and another wheel invades, forcing everyone to band together.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Everything is division, right? The first god divided himself, then the next two divided themselves and so fourth. Somehow that ended up in an indivisible number (sevens) but crucially, the wheel was built and so is probably itself part of a division.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

ElMaligno posted:

No, that just means you're not using an injection to map the universe to a number. It doesn't say anything at all about the size of the universe.

Let f(x) = 1 for all x in R^n. Your codomain {1} is a number, which is finite, so there must be a finite number of elements in R^n. QED.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 19, 2016

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Some universes are like ours, unimaginably big. Others are a single crystal sphere around one inhabitable world. Doubtless few travelers ever venture beyond the world at the center of any particular universe, as doing so can be terribly boring.

PFlats posted:

No, that just means you're not using an injection to map the universe to a number. It doesn't say anything at all about the size of the universe.

Let f(n) = 1 for all natural numbers. Your codomain {1} is a number, which is finite, so there must be a finite number of natural numbers. QED.

Come on, man. N is countably infinite.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

nimby posted:

Each universe is a story told by a god. Ys-Voya was a god(dess). A universe that is Birds.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Archenteron posted:

Each universe is a story told by a god. Ys-Voya was a god(dess). A universe that is Birds.

God said let there be light, said a bunch of other stuff and then he died and his essence empowered the garden of Eden, allowing it to become Earth.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

nimby posted:

Or a universe that is a shrimp. Just one.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Demiurge4 posted:

Everything is division, right? The first god divided himself, then the next two divided themselves and so fourth. Somehow that ended up in an indivisible number (sevens) but crucially, the wheel was built and so is probably itself part of a division.

Division doesn't always have to be in halves. I'm sure some clever dick out there separated himself into thirds or fifths or whatever. The wheel is YISUN.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

nimby posted:

Man bust out the loving cocktail sauce it's time for a party!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there was a universe full of shrimp

thanks mottom

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Parts Kit posted:

Man bust out the loving cocktail sauce it's time for a party!

Fifteen thousand nobles in Mottom's Mobile Oppression Palace thought the same thing, and now there's no shrimp world.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Tetracube posted:

Seems like the fruit reverts her personality as well as her appearance.

That would at least provide an explanation for how she went along "Nyahahaha!!! Does my appearance frighten you, girl?" -> "Why is a question of the weak" -> "I have to do this because of that rear end in a top hat Jagganoth" -> "Come, let me make you an offer" -> "None of this is really my fault, you know" -> "Actually it's not so much an offer as begging for the sweet release of death" over the course of a few hours. Which is a little dissonant to say the least.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 19, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Well it's not like we expected any of them to be sane or anything. People prone to harmonious actions and good judgement don't conquer 1/7th of all creation atop a pile of bones and ash.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Aurium posted:

They're missing Australia. Maybe.

Most probably that was a gag. It seems like Allison is from an Earth that is exactly like our Earth but isn't ours.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

paragon1 posted:

Well it's not like we expected any of them to be sane or anything. People prone to harmonious actions and good judgement don't conquer 1/7th of all creation atop a pile of bones and ash.
Solomon David is the sanest you get out of this group, and he's an utterly brutal tyrant who meets any form of dissent with complete decimation.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

paragon1 posted:

Well they are UTTERLY MAD AND UTTERLY SOVEREIGN FROM THE LAWS OF GOD AND MAN!

Interesting that Mammon is holding his shotel in his mouth, but seems to be bleeding from a normal human arm for the pact in the next panel? Man I can't wait to find out what his deal is. As the only demiurge that's a servant, he doesn't need fruit from a murder tree or whatever to be (functionally) immortal.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

wiegieman posted:

Come on, man. N is countably infinite.
sorry that was an oversight i fixed my proof

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I am both a little thrown off and somewhat glad that Mottom's motivations are so human. I kind of got acclimated to feeling like a tiny speck of dust taking a peek at beings and motivations far beyond my limited understanding.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Begemot posted:

Interesting that Mammon is holding his shotel in his mouth, but seems to be bleeding from a normal human arm for the pact in the next panel? Man I can't wait to find out what his deal is. As the only demiurge that's a servant, he doesn't need fruit from a murder tree or whatever to be (functionally) immortal.

Looks like it's only got two digits. I'm guessing 'front foot' more than arm.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Begemot posted:

It may also be somewhat metaphorical as the pact blood appears to be pouring down on top of the Red City of Throne.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Most probably that was a gag. It seems like Allison is from an Earth that is exactly like our Earth but isn't ours.

We're often the universe that's missing New Zealand, so there is precedent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tollymain posted:

there was a universe full of shrimp

thanks mottom

*extremely Mercantile Mercenary Vatra voice* sustainability didnt fit with our profit growth projections