Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Goetta posted:

gently caress Nakajima, I'm on Team Kob

I'd prefer Kobayashi's car to win but really I just want either Toyota to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
These sleeping people montage is making me want to sleep but must stay awake for silly crashes :negative:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

cheesetriangles posted:

I hope Baku has this many people binning it.

10 cars will finish

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Baku will have a safety car from one of the fake building tarps coming lose and landing on a car

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

I hope Baku has this many people binning it.

Might have a top 10 finish by a Manor in both races

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I love the parade of GT cars all flashing their lights like dickheads when the safety car goes in.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Goetta posted:

Baku will have a safety car from one of the fake building tarps coming lose and landing on a car

I dunno what's funnier about that race: the Potemkin tarps, the track conditions, or the giant BAKU WELCOMED US ALL/WELL DONE BAKU signs.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Drive thru penalty for the 68 ford :negative:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This could very well end up will the 4 top finishing LMP1 cars on the lead lap.

e: mechanics reading a kids magazine :allears:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Goetta posted:

Toyota should just get someone to tow them around the track for the final 8 hours
:golfclap:
Bummed I've missed the entire race. Up in Calgary right now and the folks in staying with don't have any cable channels that carry the race.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Basticle posted:

On the slow mo pit crew thing i saw someone with "Hitman&Co Tokyo" on their helmet. Googled it and its a high end ladies shoe store? :psyduck:

In 1995 the winning McLaren F1 was sponsored by the Ueno Clinic which was a Tokyo based plastic surgery clinic for men mostly.

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 19, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This race may potentially end in rain

Oh please let this happen :pray:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Tracy Krohn in a crash that...was not his fault for once. Huh.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

68 Ford finally got through to first in GTE-Pro, the gold driver of the Risi Ferrari crew got reigned in and passed by. And now, looks like the 5 and 2 put another lap on the #6 Toyota.

Razzle Dazzle noooooo

#Edit the #8 Audi looks slow on the Mulsanne too. Audi just completely hosed the dog this year didn't they?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Audi post-race interview prediction: Complaints how this proves Diesels are uncompetitive under current rules and a change is needed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Corvette is handily out-Ferrari-ing Ferrari this race

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The LMP1 cars that are in like 40th place, why don't they just retire?

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Double WEC points

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Josh Lyman posted:

The cars in front can have failures, there's still 4 hours in the race. They're also getting data from their runs for the rest of the season. And there's the personnal value of "I loving did Le Mans, awesome"

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I can not believe the top 3 are still this close :psyduck:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kamui gon' Kamui

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Man dude does a decent job to not flatsop the tires missing a corner only to have the care asplode anyway. Poor dude.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Cubey posted:

Man dude does a decent job to not flatsop the tires missing a corner only to have the care asplode anyway. Poor dude.

Need one of those gifs with the eyes and wavy hands drawn on that.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I can not stop feeling real smug about Audi

Fuckers :smug:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

looks for the most part like it'll be #5 Toyota vs. #2 Porsche to the end. Toyota currently has an ~1 min lead, and the #6 was pulled into the pits for a short while to collect all of Kamui's gravel ensure there's no bad problems with the car, putting it now 3 laps behind the leaders. It's the reserve, it'll probably become the tortoise, while the #5 likely is their one big shot.

2:30 left. Still a lot to play for.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I did not expect it to be the #5 that was the Toyota with the best shot in this race.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I finnally passed out with sbout 6 hours left, trying to catch up....dosent look like much changed other than the ford passing the ferrari....what happened to the audi its like 14 laps down, it was catching up before

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Basticle posted:

I finnally passed out with sbout 6 hours left, trying to catch up....dosent look like much changed other than the ford passing the ferrari....what happened to the audi its like 14 laps down, it was catching up before

if memory serves, a long time in the pits fixing the brake/wheel hub. both Audis have had those issues throughout, and spent lots of time in the garage.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oh my god Kaz you better not Kaz this poo poo I swear to god

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
There was a slowdown in my stream as the Toyota went around the corner. I was expecting a dramatic replay of kaz putting the car into the gravel but thankfully it was just a stream hiccup.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

28 Pegasus machine for heroes of the race

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Lmao that car went off in that corner like 5 different times.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Next years garage 56 is going to be fueled by biomethane made from "effluent" collected at this year's race. :laffo:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Same "Tracey Krohn's driving" joke as in IRC goes here

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Someone needs to photoshop a Krohn spin gif with a Baku banner saying "Well Done, Tracey Krohn" in the background.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

35 minutes left and it's gonna be a duel between the 2 and 5

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

ch3cooh posted:

35 minutes left and it's gonna be a duel between the 2 and 5

Not even close baby, Kazuki got this.

I hope I didn't Jinx him

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I think that they are putting Sausset back in the 84 to finish the race :unsmith:

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

itsjustdrew posted:

Not even close baby, Kazuki got this.

I hope I didn't Jinx him

They extended the lead 4 seconds in the pits. Oh god please pull this off Toyota, I want spend a year making GBS threads all over my d-bag colleagues that drive Porsches and Audis

Cubey posted:

They are putting Sausset back in the 84 to finish the race :unsmith:

That is pretty drat cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

ch3cooh posted:

They extended the lead 4 seconds in the pits. Oh god please pull this off Toyota, I want spend a year making GBS threads all over my d-bag colleagues that drive Porsches and Audis

I'm with you buddy as long as you don't drive a prius.

Edit: gently caress MAHK WEBBA

• Locked thread