Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

" have mercy, man"

Oooooo have Mercay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
it is all thanks to rating,
don't give up!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
revenge ahead,
oh hee hee, i can't wait!

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Bloodtinge and chikage is fun bc if an enemy is far away I can just start shooting it and do some decent damage and then wreck it when it reaches me

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
that vid of the guy killing the headless bloodletting beast with 1h chikage mode tripped me out. I never 1hand that bad boy. I'll just use the 1h scythe in that case. Full blood gems on the chikage.

The chikage was great for slaughtering the living failures. I couldn't get enough damage out fast enough otherwise.

I might abandon my beast claw run in ng+3. I had a hell of a time on the shadows and am just kind meh about it. Plus, I was drunk when I +10 the claws and they're not "optimal" like it matters.

As much as chalices are a pain, they're nice if you just wanna trash some mobs and get some loot. I wish ds3 had something like that.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

that vid of the guy killing the headless bloodletting beast with 1h chikage mode tripped me out. I never 1hand that bad boy. I'll just use the 1h scythe in that case. Full blood gems on the chikage.

The chikage was great for slaughtering the living failures. I couldn't get enough damage out fast enough otherwise.

I might abandon my beast claw run in ng+3. I had a hell of a time on the shadows and am just kind meh about it. Plus, I was drunk when I +10 the claws and they're not "optimal" like it matters.

As much as chalices are a pain, they're nice if you just wanna trash some mobs and get some loot. I wish ds3 had something like that.

that was me. i like the 1-h moveset a lot, and it still scales pretty well off SKL

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I'm trying to get good at going 2h, getting off a few hits, and then comboing into 1h and dodging away to refill stamina

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh Long Johnson posted:

I'm trying to get good at going 2h, getting off a few hits, and then comboing into 1h and dodging away to refill stamina

that's how i used it. stuff like BLB usually requires a more conservative approach though, so the health drain on the 2-h makes that a little riskier.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

sector_corrector posted:

that was me. i like the 1-h moveset a lot, and it still scales pretty well off SKL

Oh totally I just run blood damage on the chikage so its 1h form suffers a lot. If I was cool enough to have more amazing cursed gems, I could do something more versatile.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh totally I just run blood damage on the chikage so its 1h form suffers a lot. If I was cool enough to have more amazing cursed gems, I could do something more versatile.

i like it in skl/tng because it lets you put something else in your second weapon slot. i tend to get bored if i don't have an alternate weapon to switch to. probably makes my gun damage suffer a little tho

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
My skill/blt is like 25/28 right now and I'm trying to decide if I should take skill any higher for that reason

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I talked to a guy tonight who said he didn't like bloodborne

He was like I don't like the vials

Hes like the fourth person I know who have the game but either gave up in old yharman or right after beating father g.

Pitiful, really

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks for bumping this I should revisit my spear guy

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
my chikage is murking beasts and kin

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I talked to a guy tonight who said he didn't like bloodborne

He was like I don't like the vials

Hes like the fourth person I know who have the game but either gave up in old yharman or right after beating father g.

Pitiful, really

Yea a lot of my friends irl who liked souls games quit BB very close to the beginning

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i also know people who quit BB despite liking the souls series, largely because of the super aggressive playstyle and the healing system, also because of the "lack" of build diversity (i would just say that it's pared down to ~4 really strong archetypes).

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Like most people I banged my head against central yArnham for about six hours but once I figured it out I like it way more than souls and I still think it's the masterpiece of the series/style

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I took off work to play all day on release and after 7 hours of playing I hadn't beaten a single boss lol.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i beat the game within three days of release

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
then i kept beating it over and over again for the next year

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I love bloodborne however I still haven't beat orphan of kos yet, even on my first character

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I believe in you

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
The screaming is almost the best part

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I really appreciate how vocal the enemies and your character are in dark souls 3 after bloodborne

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i keep getting the orpan down to like 1/8 of a bar left then i run out of blood or do something dumb like get hit by lightning oops

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
What's a good level to start the dlc at? Maybe I should.just.man up and do it in new game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pookum posted:

What's a good level to start the dlc at? Maybe I should.just.man up and do it in new game

i think that with pretty normal vit investment 65 or so is optimal

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
200 in ng++

(70-80 in ng)

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

ive never actually dont any ng+ stuff because ive never been motivated enough in these games.

i cannot stop playing ng+ on my first character because its amazing to get everything again and to mess with all kinds of random poo poo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I've never done a whip game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzdhTGaWzec

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I've never done a whip game

i made kanye in the character creator on my second playthrough and never stopped using the whip for that run. maybe make a Zorro and do whip and reiterpallasch?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i would go hog wild if an orchestra performed the ludwig theme

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish i could just fight ludwig right now. it's actually sort of tempting to start a new character just to do that.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Agreed. I fuckin love that boss fight

Turns out I really suck with the whip

I ended up getting toasted by the cleric over and over again with the whip. I'm really bad at timing its range and hits. Went and got the saw spear. I've never used it before, same for the general transformation attack on the cleaver despite having a +9 version

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jun 22, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i wish i could just fight ludwig right now. it's actually sort of tempting to start a new character just to do that.

I have a character at him now if you wanna get summoned for him and I'll just sit at the top of stairs and watch

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm going to a big giant video game convention outside of Philly this weekend with some friends and if I see any Bloodborne cosplay I'm going try to Make Contact...how fuckin epic will that be when we change directions????

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hopefully you get some chalice ritual items

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Hopefully you get some chalice ritual items

Hopefully not a bastard of loran 🤔

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Getting the hunters set and changing out of your trash foreigner clothes before killing your first boss is pretty great.

By the time you're deep in the nightmare of mensis hunting micolash, you really are a hunter. Your second nightmare and the long night have saturated your bones with the blood of hundreds of prey and it's only gonna get better

Having the third nightmare in the dlc is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Getting the hunters set and changing out of your trash foreigner clothes before killing your first boss is pretty great.

By the time you're deep in the nightmare of mensis hunting micolash, you really are a hunter. Your second nightmare and the long night have saturated your bones with the blood of hundreds of prey and it's only gonna get better

Having the third nightmare in the dlc is perfect

it's cool because it really does feel like you're learning a profession. like the moment you figure out transform attacks and a whole new set of moves opens up. learning the best situational uses for hunter's tools, items, etc. i think this is the strongest i've ever felt that in a game.