Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

"It Don't Make You A Bad Person"
No, that helps. If you can get 10k from junk then I'm good.
Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
It was a combo of several things that got me into the game

The name brand

The continued population after the one year mark, and general health of the game

E3 presentation didn't do anything EXCEPT signal to me that the devs are continuing to support this healthy mmo (Which is actually huge)

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
How hard do I have to try to get enough skill points to unlock everything? Like if I get the skyshards and do the dungeons and main story quests will I be in skill point heaven or do I need to achievement hunter the skill points down.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Usenet Magic-User posted:

How hard do I have to try to get enough skill points to unlock everything? Like if I get the skyshards and do the dungeons and main story quests will I be in skill point heaven or do I need to achievement hunter the skill points down.

Doing all the skyshards, dungeons, and story quests is doing the achievement hunter option.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Aramek posted:

Doing all the skyshards, dungeons, and story quests is doing the achievement hunter option.

Oh thats not bad at all, I just see these lore books and things everywhere and figured that was the path to skillpoints. I guess that was just previous elder scrolls games conditioning.

Also can I get a guild invite as Rayne Future, and maybe a set of sweet sweet leather armor for leveling

Another question. So dungeons give a skill point, skyshards give a skillpoint, public dungeons give a skill point ... what about the group bosses marked on the map in the zones? Are these just big dudes to kill or do they grant a skill point?

Usenet Magic-User fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 18, 2016

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Fishing is a good way to make some money too. Each fish has a small chance to give you something called "perfect roe" when fileted, which is needed for XP potions. It sells for about 10k on PC. ESO fishing is one of the better MMO implementations too.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I think I read that multiple people fishing a spot ups the yield until it becomes fished out. Something like that. I don't really fish.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
Can I get a guild invite?

User ID is centcent

Character is Renn Azi

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Sogol posted:

I think I read that multiple people fishing a spot ups the yield until it becomes fished out. Something like that. I don't really fish.

More people = better chance for a rare fish, but depletes the hole faster.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Harvest Map addon and downloading a database was life changing. Finally I can get all the mats I need easily.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I'd like a guild invite, username is @gilok

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
guild invite please, I think I posted character invite before but my tag is @futurecasual

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I think I have the invite requests caught up.

If I missed you, you're probably a bad who didn't put your name right.

Or I'm a bad. One of the two.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Playing this again. Need an invite back into Deconstruct Circlejerk/Covenant Trading Post only. @turk1701

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just an FYI, but there are about 50 skill points locked behind PvP. Now that we're getting more goons joining the game, we might start trolling around in PvP if enough people stick around past level 50.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

what the gently caress where is the city of almalexia :mad:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

CuddlyZombie posted:

what the gently caress where is the city of almalexia :mad:

It's Mournhold? What are you asking?

Clockwork City is the Temple of Sotha Sil/his greatest creation. Vivec City is the Temple of Vivec. Mournhold is the Temple of Almalexia.

Also yesssss, more people playing. I'd be 100% down for nightly PvP goon runs if people are interested.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Rookersh posted:

It's Mournhold? What are you asking?

Clockwork City is the Temple of Sotha Sil/his greatest creation. Vivec City is the Temple of Vivec. Mournhold is the Temple of Almalexia.

Also yesssss, more people playing. I'd be 100% down for nightly PvP goon runs if people are interested.

Mournhold's supposed to be a small part of a larger city. I get why they can't really do that for an MMO, though.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
The expansion and stuff, including the renaming, at least according to UESP, doesn't begin until the Tiber Wars, as possibly one of the first signs of Almalexia's rampant megalomania that we see fully in Tribunal.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

CuddlyZombie posted:

Mournhold's supposed to be a small part of a larger city. I get why they can't really do that for an MMO, though.

Yeah, it's twofold. Lorewise they've said "well, it's 800 years in the past and the city isn't built up as much as it was by Morrowind" but then they've also said honestly if we did Mournhold as Tribunal described it it wouldn't work gamewise becuase Mounrhold (that you see in Morrowind) is just the inner city and then the city Almalexia surrounding it is supposed to take up like half of Deshaan.

TES has always been a balancing point between gameplay and the lore though. Imperial City is supposed to be like a million people lorewise but its obviously not that in any game whether Oblivion or ESO.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Whoever dumped the 100 or so columbine in the guild bank, contact me ingame at @Scyantific. I owe you money.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Scyantific posted:

Whoever dumped the 100 or so columbine in the guild bank, contact me ingame at @Scyantific. I owe you money.

It was me, bee.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

@MooCowlian for a guild invite, please.

What do I do with all the crafting materials and stuff I hoover up? Most of it has no NPC sale value, there's no convenient auction house, and I'm not going to use it. Is there some good way to sell it, or should I just trash it and be more careful with the loot all button in future?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Vvardenfell when?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

MooCowlian posted:

@MooCowlian for a guild invite, please.

What do I do with all the crafting materials and stuff I hoover up? Most of it has no NPC sale value, there's no convenient auction house, and I'm not going to use it. Is there some good way to sell it, or should I just trash it and be more careful with the loot all button in future?

Ask around the goon guild for an invite to a trading guild. Those guilds have the guild merchants in the cities, and people may buy if you put them up for sale.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Vvardenfell when?

To be honest, it's never been announced, though the most recent DLC has you tripping over NPCs loudly letting it be known they're on their way to Vvardenfell.

Either way, if it's not the end of this year Q1 2017 would be the three year mark for the game and to me that would seem good time for an expansion sized update (Vvardenfell would be about two or three full sized zones depending how they do it.)

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker
I would like to play with you smelly goons.

Please send a guild invite to @Mokymok

Character name: Mokbek

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
God, in love with this game but kind of angry at myself for wanting to make everyone else dissapear and not render on my screen. This is MY Tamriel, it's my adventure, go away. :saddowns:

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011
Wow the new updates really add a nice polish to the game, and grinding quests with a controller is really relaxing. This is my third try coming back to the game, let's see how long it lasts! Drop a ginvite to @zombiehunter

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

managed to snag a cheap key and was going to hop in today but this game is taking for loving ever to download for some reason. see you guys tomorrow I guess lol

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
can someone guild invite @gamerlics

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Poking around in ESO, name's @digitaldiatribe.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Could i pve leveling up (i'm level 10) easily with a bow as a stamblade? I don't know how effective bows are

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Nigulus Rex posted:

Could i pve leveling up (i'm level 10) easily with a bow as a stamblade? I don't know how effective bows are

I'm no expert, but from what I've read, you can level with pretty much anything. Bow is definitely not the best way in terms of time if you want to level quickly, but it's perfectly viable, as far as I know.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Ok thanks. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to solo level. I'm having trouble with the named mini bosses as far as my hp if there is any adds with them.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Nigulus Rex posted:

Ok thanks. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to solo level. I'm having trouble with the named mini bosses as far as my hp if there is any adds with them.

I'm a stamblade as well and was asking about levelling strategies a little while back in this thread.

Here's the relevant posts that helped me:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706540&userid=172433&perpage=40&pagenumber=21#post461062565

On what is good for weapons:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706540&userid=172433&perpage=40&pagenumber=21#post461065815

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Use a Two-Hander, with the Cleave (Brawler once you hit the morph). Brawler gives you a damage shield.

Also I'll craft you a full set of Training gear for even more delicious XP.

I've been doing this as a new stamblade, but also have been using dw with Whirlwind and that seems really good too.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Anyone playing this on PS4 (NA server)? Having a lot of fun in stonefalls wandering around in 1st person view picking flowers and chopping logs. It feels like Morrowind.

What's the deal with the dungeon finder? Even queueing up as a healer I never actually find a group. Does no one do dungeons at low levels (I am 16-18)?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

The Bramble posted:

Anyone playing this on PS4 (NA server)? Having a lot of fun in stonefalls wandering around in 1st person view picking flowers and chopping logs. It feels like Morrowind.

What's the deal with the dungeon finder? Even queueing up as a healer I never actually find a group. Does no one do dungeons at low levels (I am 16-18)?

Dungeon Finder unfortunately has been bugged since DB came out. It's hit or miss solo (sometimes I've queued instantly as DPS, other times it's taken an hour) but premade groups of two and four pop instantly. Groups of three pop instantly but bug out with one member randomly dropped and two pugs taking their spot.

Hopefully a fix will be along shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Thinking of dungeons, how does it handle disconnects? My internet is usually fine but it does occasionally drop for a second, because I'm on wifi in the middle of nowhere. If I go out for a minute or two, is that going to leave whoever I'm with a man down forever and waste my time, or can I join as soon as I've reset the router and loaded back in? Basically, my internet is slightly dodgy at peak times, am I relatively safe to dungeon or should I stick to solo things for fear of totally wasting an hour of my time and that of anyone I'm with?

• Locked thread