Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enourmo posted:

Seems to be a mccallisters just up the street from me. Doesn't look like a drive thru location, though, so I maintain my stance.

Just pull up and lay on the horn until they help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

sirnollem posted:

I don't really care for kidney beans but still chili without beans is sloppy joe.

Then you have had lovely chili, and sloppy joes.

loving heathens.

Edit: and the only good thing at steak n shake are the shakes. You deserve florida.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You best not be disrespecting the chicken melt.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i ufkng doint get it Ai.

I am your averag due. I little plujmo aroun the tmiddle but otherwise pretty good looiing. STR would opruld probly say ;drat, thats a goo lloking duede; because i will admit i am pttty deam hansdome. but you know what i woudl proablyt let the bllas touch with STR and thats alright. dlont give a gently caress.
]

vut thats ok bewcause i am not into dueddes tbut i can certinaly appreciate a dude saying 'that dude s loving handome'.

anbd im ok with a another dude saming im a handsom dude because lets face it, im a pretty good lloiking mohterfuther. at lat i think i am .

anway.

vyt i had a nother woman tgoniught say 'f your wif wasnt here i would have my way with you' just abou right in front of her husband but quitly on the downlow.

how the hell do i reconcile that?

ive never htough abou tmsyelf as being a good looking dode but i guess i am whic addsto the myster. fuckking hell i dont know.

i just know IOC is a sexy mother fcker because. Wlel why the gently caress not.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
and if any of you bitches thar tsaying 'tide is fukin gay' you lkow what?

i'm ok wtht that. theres wors things in life thant that. and I danced hand in handwith another dude tonigt. Bellly to belly at the ppool to.....The cult? i dont know.

Was fking aweomse.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Tide posted:

i ufkng doint get it Ai.

I am your averag due. I little plujmo aroun the tmiddle but otherwise pretty good looiing. STR would opruld probly say ;drat, thats a goo lloking duede; because i will admit i am pttty deam hansdome. but you know what i woudl proablyt let the bllas touch with STR and thats alright. dlont give a gently caress.
]

vut thats ok bewcause i am not into dueddes tbut i can certinaly appreciate a dude saying 'that dude s loving handome'.

anbd im ok with a another dude saming im a handsom dude because lets face it, im a pretty good lloiking mohterfuther. at lat i think i am .

anway.

vyt i had a nother woman tgoniught say 'f your wif wasnt here i would have my way with you' just abou right in front of her husband but quitly on the downlow.

ive never htough abou tmsyelf as being a good looking dode but i guess i am whic addsto the myster. fuckking hell i dont know.

:same:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I guess thwat i am getting at is that i suffer from a conically low sel feseteem. wich wis weird because i aint too bad on the eys if i do say so myself. could lose a fe w ounds but who couldnt.

WHAT DO YIOU SAY AI.

love yuo.

me.

ps. cheese styicks?

AEWKME.

Going to at some right now. HOpe I dont burn the house done.

IOC.

Math?

Fcking rocks.

Please dont prtbate me. Or not. Dont care. Love yuou dode.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

June Chat Thread: Tide gets drunk and explores his sexuality.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tide posted:

and if any of you bitches thar tsaying 'tide is fukin gay' you lkow what?

i'm ok wtht that. theres wors things in life thant that. and I danced hand in handwith another dude tonigt. Bellly to belly at the ppool to.....The cult? i dont know.

Was fking aweomse.

I love this loving forum.

On another note, had tater tot poutine earlier. Tater tots, gravy, cheese curds, cheese, duck, green onions and a fried egg on top.

Couple that with some delicious craft beers and I was full as fuckkkkkk. Plus they had the 24hrs race on.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
fuk yeah pizza rolls and cheese ticks.

WITNESS

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Tide posted:

i ufkng doint get it Ai.

]

anway.

Excellent drunk post, 8.5/10 would click again.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
when I'm drunk I remain entirely literate and understandable.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

gimpsuitjones posted:

I just say poo poo (sexual and/or insulting) I (or anybody normal) normally would repress.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

STR adventures in moving:

I never thought of the flu being something you could get in the summer. 3rd floor apartment. Weak as poo poo, but I'm starting to feel semi-human again. Need internet, tethering at 1mbit is getting old.

Tide posted:

Please dont prtbate me. Or not. Dont care. Love yuou dode.

So how much did you have to drink, and you do plan on being useless for a few days right? :v:

That's like.. blackout drunk typing right there.

gimpsuitjones posted:

I get pissed off at how many typos I'm making and give up long before I get to the level Tide is at.

Rhyno posted:

Because it's nasty dude!

You want good drive through chili? Find a McCallisters.

I... assume you mean McAlister's?

I've never seen one with a drive-thru. They do have some tasty stuff, but I haven't tried their chili.

Enourmo posted:

I can accept chili with or without beans if it tastes good.

You better have some loving heat in there though.

Same. Chili requires fire. I don't really care if it has beans or not, I like it both ways. But it absolutely needs fire.

Elmnt80 posted:

Aaaaaah, trading in my truck for an 04 Mazda 6 wagon.

I've actually considered a 6 wagon, but only if I can find one with a manual. I haven't looked seriously enough at them to know what combos you can get yet, I just know the Saturd's going to need replacement in a year or so. Nothing wrong with it outside of paint issues and the sunroof sticking, but I know I've been really lucky with it (I also know a clutch job on it is a serious pain in the rear end that will cost half as much as the car's value, and I'm still on the original at close to 150k).

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Welp, that didn't take long. Sometime on the drive home after an afternoon on the beach, something failed making it fart out a cloud of oil smoke on cold starts. Googling suggests its possibly the pcv valve failing open. Its at least cheap, just seems to be a bit annoying to get to.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

gimpsuitjones posted:

Two drinks, I get extremely eloquent and my usually nasty spelling and grammar gets good enough to be written by Tolkein. Which might happen once a year.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tide post a selfie so we can bask in your beauty :allears:

I make chili with masses of beans because that's how I got to like it when I was a cheap rear end student. Not enough fire though, wife and kids are wimps, I have to top mine up with chili flakes. Works canteen makes a really nice chilli that's totally different though, hardly any free sauce, more onion. I might try and replicate it someday.

We're off to the Coventry motor museum later, last time we went it was half closed for renovation. Any family restaurant recommendations nearby?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Enourmo posted:

Rammstein is pretty great, I've been on a kick with their music lately. Definitely on my list to see live someday.

They had guitars with flamethrowers on. Go and see them if you ever get the chance!

Cakefool posted:

We're off to the Coventry motor museum later, last time we went it was half closed for renovation. Any family restaurant recommendations nearby?

Its the Trentham Classic car show today! Why drive all the way to coventry?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tomarse posted:

Partly because it's nearly £50 to get in, honestly.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Nothing to see here.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 19, 2016

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Cakefool posted:

Partly because it's nearly £50 to get in, honestly.

poo poo, I hadn't noticed how expensive it is. I haven't been for a few years and i'm sure it was about £7 last time I went.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Same. Cosford air show is on also and would cost the same but is a hell of a lot more justifiable.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Cakefool posted:

Tide post a selfie so we can bask in your beauty :allears:

I make chili with masses of beans because that's how I got to like it when I was a cheap rear end student. Not enough fire though, wife and kids are wimps, I have to top mine up with chili flakes. Works canteen makes a really nice chilli that's totally different though, hardly any free sauce, more onion. I might try and replicate it someday.

Wetherspoons! I'm in the spon gate right now actually.

There's a fair few places around though, most of the generic chains

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
I came to the realization today that everything I own is a station wagon according to Connecticut. This is not a bad thing.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

That is because station wagons are cool and good.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tide we love you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

some texas redneck posted:

I... assume you mean McAlister's?

I've never seen one with a drive-thru. They do have some tasty stuff, but I haven't tried their chili.

Yeah that place! All have drive throughs in Indiana so I figured it was the norm.

And you can get a 6 wagon with a stick, they usually go for a but more though.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wun Wun stepping on more people? More like Win Win.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

We close on the house tomorrow morning, I'm now less than 24 hours from home ownership!

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I've never heard or beanless chili. Anyone got a recipe?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3451852#post398069581

The chili thread in Something Offal can be helpful. There are other recipes. Chili without beans is usually referred to as "Texas-style" chili. Midwest chili has beans.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Sign now for an M2 allocation for next spring at MSRP or gently used Cayman S/GTS then? I've wanted a Porsche since I was 12, the 6-cylinder is on its way out, but the M2 seems like such a solid deal/great car.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

mariooncrack posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3451852#post398069581

The chili thread in Something Offal can be helpful. There are other recipes. Chili without beans is usually referred to as "Texas-style" chili. Midwest chili has beans.

Thanks!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Residency Evil posted:

Sign now for an M2 allocation for next spring at MSRP or gently used Cayman S/GTS then? I've wanted a Porsche since I was 12, the 6-cylinder is on its way out, but the M2 seems like such a solid deal/great car.

M2 best value.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oof.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How's your head?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

How's your head?

Not terrible. Bit dehydrated. Was up at 7am cutting grass.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

quote:

They updated the Challenger as scheduled for delivery with an estimated delivery date between June 25th and July 1st

:vince: even if it comes in on the last day of the estimate that means it was 5 weeks from order to delivery of my :nexus: pack

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

That reminds me, the Doncaster Rotary Club's classic car show is on Sunday 3rd July, and there's always a load of stuff there. Besides, it's only £4 to get in (and free for under-12s).

http://www.doncasterclassiccarshow.org.uk
http://www.visitdoncaster.com/whats-on/doncaster-classic-car-and-bike-show-2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Gaz2k21 posted:

I made a thing......

• Locked thread