Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Dude who does the JJL translations says this is about live action DiU movies

http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20160618-00010000-cyzoz-ent

-Warner Bros. is supposedly starting shoots for the live action Jojo movie in September, but it's based on DiU rather than SDC as previously rumored
-Kento Yamazaki is playing Josuke, Takayuki Yamada is Kira and Nana Komatsu is Yukako
-They originally wanted to do a part 3 adaptation starring Jun Matsumoto as Jotaro, but it got vetoed by Araki because Matsumoto was too short
-Jotaro may get cut from the DiU movie because they still can't find anyone tall enough to play him
-Even though DiU takes place in Japan, they plan to shoot the exterior scenes overseas and throw in a bunch of CG for good measure because actual Japan doesn't look enough like Morioh
-Because the overseas shoots cost so much, they're cutting out a bunch of characters and making changes to the story to balance the budget
-All of the above is still "insider info" and not actually confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Doc V posted:

-Warner Bros. is supposedly starting shoots for the live action Jojo movie in September, but it's based on DiU rather than SDC as previously rumored
-Kento Yamazaki is playing Josuke, Takayuki Yamada is Kira and Nana Komatsu is Yukako
-They originally wanted to do a part 3 adaptation starring Jun Matsumoto as Jotaro, but it got vetoed by Araki because Matsumoto was too short
-Jotaro may get cut from the DiU movie because they still can't find anyone tall enough to play him
-Even though DiU takes place in Japan, they plan to shoot the exterior scenes overseas and throw in a bunch of CG for good measure because actual Japan doesn't look enough like Morioh
-Because the overseas shoots cost so much, they're cutting out a bunch of characters and making changes to the story to balance the budget

Sounds awful, can't wait.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yare yare, cut from Diamondo wa Koodakaynai

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just pick up Danny Devito as Koichi and everything will fall in place.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wouldn't have expected much anyways but good lord that sounds bad

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Make Akira the entire Red Hot Chili Peppers band and license Queen songs and Bowie's Cat People i dunno

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Doc V posted:

So the character that actually causes Part 4 to happen might get cut from Part 4.

This can only end well. :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're not going to cut Jotaro though. There's no way they're cutting the icon of JoJo in a live action JoJo project he would normally feature in.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Even Speedwagon was cut

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So the character that actually causes Part 4 to happen might get cut from Part 4.

This can only end well. :allears:

Cutting a central character because they couldn't find a tall guy is, uh, really something. Hopefully it's a fake leak because every single one of those bulletpoints sounds insanely stupid

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Anyone who thinks jotaro would be cut because they can't find a tall enough actor has never seen a set photo of Tom cruise

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That all sounds really dumb, they should do it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm 6'2 they could cast me as Jotaro

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm 6'4 and have English blood in my veins like Jotaro, sorry ball

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

I'm 6'2 they could cast me as Jotaro

Much like Jotaro you're also terrible, so perfect casting, really. :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm 6'4 and have English blood in my veins like Jotaro, sorry ball

Jotaro is American and Japanese born though and I am half of that so I win

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ur definitely a can

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A can of diet 7-up you could have been what we all enjoy but you are passable at best

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you can't show any eagerness to get the role because that would go against everything jotaro stands for

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A can of diet 7-up you could have been what we all enjoy but you are passable at best

Okay okay, I lol'd pretty hard at this, I'll let this slide.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I saw some fan-art of Jotaro in Kira Yoshikage's sailor outfit the other day and it was fantastic. I can't find it anymore.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

*I walk into the audition room, turn a chair around, and sit on it backwards*

I mean, I guess I could be Jotaro. You're paying me for it.

"He's perfect!"

Good grief.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Poochie method

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://capelthwaite.tumblr.com/post/145585653340

I found it

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i have a degree in biology so really i'm the only one qualified to be jootaaru kuujooh.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

i have a degree in biology so really i'm the only one qualified to be jootaaru kuujooh.
Tell me about your opinion on dolphins

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gappy looks like Raidou Kuzunoha in that second image

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Nahxela posted:

Tell me about your opinion on dolphins

they are beautiful but also gigantic assholes. but the kind that you invite to go drink, you know?

what i'm saying is give dolphin a beer

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

Gappy looks like Raidou Kuzunoha in that second image

Aspect Josuke is Jotaro but yeah it owns

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

this is really cool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Your occasional reminder that Gappy in-universe has almost the exact physique of Jotaro.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I've been reading through the manga from where the anime currently stops and have now gotten to the part of part 5 that are still old scans. I wasn't aware it was like this and don't really feel like reading the lovely translations.
Could I jump ahead to a later part without missing or getting spoiled on anything while waiting for part 5 to get good translations?
I'm going in mostly blind to the entire series and would like to keep it that way. Oh, and I spoiled myself on King Crimson like an idiot so eventual references to that in later parts would be OK I guess.
drat this series is great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The true answer is not to skip anything.

But I definitely understand someone not enjoying Part 5 because of the translation. It's why I refuse to place it in any rankings until it's available in a competently translated form. The good news if it's really harshing you out is that Part 5 is probably the most standalone part, so you will miss nothing if you just go to Part 6. The only real reference to it in any future parts is the fact that Giorno exists.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 19, 2016

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I feel like the not skipping anything rule shouldn't apply to 5 because of the translation. If you don't want to read the awful scans, I think it's alright to go to part 6. If I remember correctly though, the early part 6 scans are also kind of lovely, but they do get better.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

You shouldn't have that much of Part 5 to go anyway, I read it, it's fine. I can say that nothing in Part 5 relates to any of the later parts so this isn't the worst thing to skip. There are still things that can be spoiled though so it's your call

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm just wondering if she's somehow a relative of Valentine (this universe or not) and if poker cards are a 16:9 ratio. Probably neither but what if she has the power of D4C amplified with the golden ratio???

Waiting for the reveal where Kaato somehow inherited spin poo poo through Funny Valentine's infinite spinning

I'mm all kinds of curious now though what happened that she hates Norisuke tho, I hope Norisuke doesn't bite it...

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I wish Yasuho had some intrigue to her

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Where even is Yasuho right now? Is she still hanging with Tsurugi after killing the Doobie Wah guy?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Yes, really it's probably be an hour since they've talked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord