Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Ferarri admitted that Seb's call was right and he would have come in third on a 2 stop.

Vettel confirmed as tactical genius and all round good egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Cackpoo

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

perez was super mediocre at mclaren and in no way deserved to be kept around or gave any indicate that he was a top-tier driver. it's annoying that people try to rewrite history just because he happens to do well in the force india. doesn't change the past.

IIRC he didn't score at all near the end of 2012, and I guess that form carried into 2013. You could hardly say that the 2013 McLaren was a great car though. It wasn't.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

People at the time were jizzing themselves because he made a couple of passes

He was in the main a bloody dangerous driver at McLaren and wasnt mature enough for the seat. He has taken far too long to mature and does not deserve the praise in my opinion. Christ even Grosjean matured in a much quicker period than Perez. Also Perez's face makes me want to punch it repeatedly.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

As a father's day treat, my wife took the kids out so I could watch the race in peace and live for a change. I feel cheated.

The only thing I've taken away from this weekend is that Damon Hill can go gently caress himself for his comments at the opening of sky's qualifying coverage.

Track wash't the most exciting but there's been worse.

At least I don't have to waste my evening watching it now and can instead do something useful with my time like poking sticks into my eyeballs.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

He was in the main a bloody dangerous driver at McLaren and wasnt mature enough for the seat. He has taken far too long to mature and does not deserve the praise in my opinion. Christ even Grosjean matured in a much quicker period than Perez. Also Perez's face makes me want to punch it repeatedly.

Yeah but he magnificently trolled Kimi today, then joked about it smugly to Rosberg and Vettel so he's OK with me

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

Yeah but he magnificently trolled Kimi today, then joked about it smugly to Rosberg and Vettel so he's OK with me

I cant take his trolling abilities away from him so I will give him that one.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

enri posted:

As a father's day treat, my wife took the kids out so I could watch the race in peace and live for a change. I feel cheated.

The only thing I've taken away from this weekend is that Damon Hill can go gently caress himself for his comments at the opening of sky's qualifying coverage.

Track wash't the most exciting but there's been worse.

At least I don't have to waste my evening watching it now and can instead do something useful with my time like poking sticks into my eyeballs.

My wife did the same and I also settled down to an enjoyable afternoon. The only difference here is that i found throwing pebbles in the air and catching them with my eyeballs much more productive.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

Ferarri admitted that Seb's call was right and he would have come in third on a 2 stop.
So you might say that he is in fact Super

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Pit Kimi instead, he's poo poo"

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Diet Crack posted:

"Pit Kimi instead, he's poo poo"

Except Kimi for whatever reason wasn't today. One of the Channel 4 commentators guessed it was probably early happy hour straight after the race so he had some motivation.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Or his contract is up for renewal.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He's also been given two points on his licence for driving over the pit entry line :laffo:

They were given specific instructions about it pre-race so he's got no excuse

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Can someone find a video of nico falling off the podium too

E:

https://youtu.be/1FEJ1cEhL-U

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 19, 2016

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I rather suspect Ferrari's major issue was that they had a very clear plan for who would replace Kimi and it was Jules. After Jules they banked on Gutierrez, which is why they had him doing all the promo stuff last year and put him on a team with a now experienced Grosjean to learn from. Turns out he really is poo poo on track after all and they don't have any young driver from their program ready to take his place If they can't get Ricciado or Max then Kimi will stay ,and whoever replaces Gutierrez at Hass will replace him in 2018.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ferrari liked Bottas a lot last year, I can't remember why they didn't sign him for 2016.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Goetta posted:

Ferrari liked Bottas a lot last year, I can't remember why they didn't sign him for 2016.

The replacing poo poo for poo poo isn't a solution.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I wouldn't rule out Vettel/Rosberg at Ferrari next year if Rosberg doesn't win the WDC. Mercedes want Wehrlein in that car and Rosberg is out of contract. Rosberg would be way cheaper and marginally less poo poo than Kimi

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

why wouldn't ferrari sign grosjean, an actually good driver

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

why wouldn't ferrari sign grosjean, an actually good driver

They're not known for their good decision making. See exhibit 1: Raikkonen, K

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i hope haas can cut gutierrez loose after this year, he's really terrible.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

i hope haas can cut gutierrez loose after this year, he's really terrible.

Well Rossi might have a big enough profile to get the required sponsorship now he's an Indy 500 winner

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Well Rossi might have a big enough profile to get the required sponsorship now he's an Indy 500 winner

i liked the idea of manor replacing haryanto with rossi and rossi moving to haas if he continues to show relative competence. he was good in his few outings last year. but if rossi can't attract sponsors despite winning the 500 then his F1 dream is dead.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

Rosberg would be way cheaper and marginally less poo poo than Kimi

Kimi when he tries is one of the best drivers of this millennium so far - the problem is he loving hardly ever tries, and often when he does its only for 10 laps then gets distracted thinking about stuff off track. There has to be some truth to the Rosberg to Ferrari rumours given all the goings on at Merc.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Is it just me or is every GP Rosberg wins absolutely awful? Funny how every Lewis win is an instant classic

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

poty posted:

Is it just me or is every GP Rosberg wins absolutely awful? Funny how every Lewis win is an instant classic

The previous race was somehow a dull Canadian GP win by Lewis Hamilton

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Hamilton on Friday: "Drivers need to stop moaning about the track being dangerous" (with a straw man argument about bumps, not the run off that they commented was a bit short)

Hamilton on Sunday: "Radio ban is dangerous!" http://www.reuters.com/article/us-motor-f1-europe-hamilton-idUSKCN0Z50RC

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
:lol: I just realised Rosberg got a grand slam of pole, fastest lap, race win and every lap in the lead and nobody noticed because the race was hilariously dull

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

:lol: I just realised Rosberg got a grand slam of pole, fastest lap, race win and every lap in the lead and nobody noticed because the race was hilariously dull

Nico, 2016 WDC and all round good guy.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They didn't sign Bottas because he was out performed by the driver they just shitcanned for being too old and poo poo, they probably won't sign Grosjean because he's nearly 30 and they want a young driver they can groom. Unless of course Kimi continues to be bad, in which case they will stick him in as a stopgap measure until whoever they have brewing in GP2 is done.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ukle posted:

. There has to be some truth to the Rosberg to Ferrari rumours given all the goings on at Merc.

I think it's too good of an idea for Ferrari to go though with. Rosberg is a anal retentive little tit who is pretty much living at the factory at the moment. I don't think the post it notes are there because he can't remember in a normal situation, they are there because he crumples under pressure and forgets basics. The first time there was an issue deep within the menu system he just went to to the right one and changed it without thinking. This is exactly what Ferrari need, "yeh yeh sure you will be havings the equal car as Sebastian, now be beings a good boy and draw Mario over there what you remembers about the suspensions"

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Vettel is never going to allow himself to be in the position of not being undisputed #1 driver, so Ferrari aren't going to sign anyone decent until Vettel quits. Rosberg to Ferrari 2017

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Hamilton is leaving Mercedes before Rosberg does.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/angry-hamiltons-baku-radio-messages-in-full-789927/

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

blunt posted:

Hamilton is leaving Mercedes before Rosberg does.

Hamilton is contracted beyond the end of this season, Rosberg isn't

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Is this the greatest post on F1 article ever? I think it might be

quote:

How convenient...Lewis crashes in qualifying, then has a problem in the race...the chances of that, when the Mercedes cars are normally unbelievably reliable...I'm sensing something is amiss, yet again. Would be nice to see if Mercedes could actually give both drivers a reliable car, instead of having 'unfortunate' reliability issues every now and again. #FairPlayWouldBeNiceForOnce

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Button to Ferrari

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Button to Ferrari

I would be so conflicted

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

Hamilton is contracted beyond the end of this season, Rosberg isn't

When Hamilton doesn't win the WDC this year he'll take a sabbatical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tsaedje posted:

I missed that part, what did he do to troll?

• Locked thread