Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is this the first time Korin and Yajirobe have been in Super?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No, but I think it is their first speaking appearance.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

You'd think Bulma would take a second to tell her son "that thing's a time machine and that guy is you from the future".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sharktamer posted:

Jesus what is wrong with Yajirobe's voice?

same voice actor as krillin

(and luffy)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Korin and Yajirobe having a limbo competition was a fun part of the episode

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Specially when they admitted that it's not even fun

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Peewi posted:

You'd think Bulma would take a second to tell her son "that thing's a time machine and that guy is you from the future".

If only she had more time

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i hope nobody actually tells Kid Trunks that that's his apocalyptic future version for the entire arc

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The next episode will probably be intense. I'm happy with this direction. Slice of life is great and all, but a new Big Bad is always fun. The black/purple aura looks really intimidating.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

This is going to be a long week :negative:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Baal posted:

Even if Freeza were cut in half he would've immediately murdered Krillin upon getting back up. There is no scenario where Krillin wins that fight.

Krillian would have died, but for DBZ characters that is a minor setback. The important part is winning the fight and keeping control of the Dragonballs! If Krillan cut Frieza in half then Piccolo/Vegita would have easily finished him off the moment they arrived.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

Krillian would have died, but for DBZ characters that is a minor setback. The important part is winning the fight and keeping control of the Dragonballs! If Krillan cut Frieza in half then Piccolo/Vegita would have easily finished him off the moment they arrived.

Maybe not

Remember Freeza did regenerate his tail when he went into his further transformations.

He might have been able to heal whatever damage Krillin did to him that way too.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Was there an explanation why Bulma automatically knew Future Trunk's hair was blue?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

They're retconing his hair to have always been blue, while also including flashbacks to cell saga that show the purple hair. Just don't think about it.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Gruckles posted:

Just don't think about it.

Best advice when watching anything Dragon Ball tbh

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shards of Fate posted:

Was there an explanation why Bulma automatically knew Future Trunk's hair was blue?

I assumed that was an intentional troll on the audience.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Happy father's day. To all the dads and green dads out there.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I have a feeling they might lampshade it somehow. Future Trunks having blue hair and eyebrows while young Trunks has purple has to be explained, still.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Maybe someone in the production team is really concerned that people are going to somehow confuse Kid Trunks and Future Trunks and made the hair color different for that reason?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

If I recall correctly, some of the preview stuff for RoF stated Bulma had actually been in contact with Future Trunks, so if there were any changes, she'd be aware immediately.

And come now, isn't the most simple explanation "He dyed it.", especially if they show flashbacks? Why jump to the immediate "IT'S A RETCON :supaburn:" conclusion?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Nothing in the series suggests Trunks has dyed his hair, at least so far.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Raxivace posted:

Nothing in the series suggests Trunks has dyed his hair, at least so far.

It's a different color.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

pik_d posted:

It's a different color.

And it was purple in a flashback, too. If they wanted to retcon it, they'd change the color in a flashback. They made a new flashback in literally the same episode for Goku and Krillin.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

pik_d posted:

It's a different color.
It also turned yellow at one point too!

All that his hair being a different color proves right now is that it is a different color. It could be hair dye, or it could just be a different kind of stylization for the character by the animators- same way Goku being less muscular now isn't because of some narrative reason. It could also have just changed naturally over time.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 19, 2016

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Holy poo poo you guys are autistic.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Stairmaster posted:

But did they become autistic just now, or as part of a retcon?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

But did they become autistic just now, or as part of a retcon?

It's a result of the hair dye.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

StrifeHira posted:

It's a result of the hair dye.

Fumes

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stairmaster posted:

The compairson is unflattering to the autistic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So, Trunks has mastered God Ki already....

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

If I recall correctly, some of the preview stuff for RoF stated Bulma had actually been in contact with Future Trunks, so if there were any changes, she'd be aware immediately.

And come now, isn't the most simple explanation "He dyed it.", especially if they show flashbacks? Why jump to the immediate "IT'S A RETCON :supaburn:" conclusion?

I guess calling it a retcon was harsh. More like they changed the design for no particular reason, and aren't going to bother with writing it into the plot. For some reason that's just what seemed like the simplest explanation to me instead of immediately thinking "Trunks has been sending letters back in time to inform Bulma he dyed his hair."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mabels big day posted:

So, Trunks has mastered God Ki already....

Impressive if true

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

StrifeHira posted:

I want to know more about this

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
happy fathers day to the dbz dads not named piccolo that everyone forgets about

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Impressive if true

why do you think his hair is blue

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trunks' hair is blue and there's nothing I can do.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Maybe Present Trunks will assume Future Trunks is the favorite because his hair is blue and thus will dye it blue soon, therefore making a perfect time loop.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

time travel changes your hair color

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
DBZ gives the best parenting advice. I didn't name my son Gohan, but gently caress me, I'm certainly going to throw him at mountains and poo poo when he turns 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Saw an interesting tumblr post that basically goes: Goku took to heart the lesson about keeping his guard up no matter what and that's how he didn't get suckerpunched by Trunks despite trusting the kid and still looking really confused while blocking.

• Locked thread