Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder who will gently caress up next!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 20 left a bad taste in my mouth but Mio's and Producer's actions in 21 made it a lot better.

I'm still sore about Project Krone though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Time to read Can't take.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait what the gently caress.

Can't stopped at episode 20? Not 21?

WHAT THE gently caress CAN'T.

WHAT.

THE.

gently caress.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
oaw eo8a yeto9pw3uto82uhg8wau9iw3g823rh8p9w0i3fhqu2023r23 02u 92u3 [

CAN'T.

WHY.

WHY.

"NANDE NANDE NANDE." - Kousaka Honoka, Age ?, Love Live Movie

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
yeah, just noticed that you went one further than me. I think I'll watch it over breakfast.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's great when you have to wait for the next episode because you're left with the impression that Mio is just being awful, as Cantaloupe says

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
insert ojou-sama laugh here at this predicament

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

It's great when you have to wait for the next episode because you're left with the impression that Mio is just being awful, as Cantaloupe says

I didn't actually.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I hafta stop calling him Can't now because typing Can't's just looks really loving weird.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Given that I emphasized with Mio running out, I am unlikely to have felt ill of her actions.

Shocked, obviously, and curious about her intentions, sure.

But I wouldn't have thought ill of her.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I didn't actually.

I guess you're more charitable than either of us, then, I had the exact same reaction

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

I guess you're more charitable than either of us, then, I had the exact same reaction

What the gently caress, is the CG thread only 8 pages?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Didn't seem like anyone really cared about idols at the time, but, here we are now

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This thread was made while CG was airing.

Yet it was way more active.

I didn't even start posting regularly till like the end of October.

My first post was on the 3rd page, and that was within a week of the thread's creation.

Meanwhile the CG thread got like 5 posts per episode.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 14 ~ 20 were in a single page.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nobody talked about episode 18.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is, about how bad it was.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

Sonata Mused - Today at 11:50 PM
There's an Anzu/Kirari episode coming up, I think

Yes_Cantaloupe - Today at 11:50 PM
bad

EDIT: Thank you Polsy.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
A transcript of my liveposting, edited similarly to last time, with zep sass cut out.

252 posted:

Yes_Cantaloupe - Today at 9:35 AM
21 time, if my internet cooperates
Mio still seeming like a bitch
"I decided this on my own! Deal with it!"

I guess this is some PV that suit lady had made?
it's dull

and you know, Mio being a theater kid makes a lot of sense
a LOT
STATIC SHOTS
and no recognition that she's been a bad friend, just a genki "ohayou"
"AIN'T GOT TIME TO TALK TO YOU FUCKERS, BYE!"

good to see that triad primus has a good enough relationship to talk issues over
Rin should probably just jump ship entirely
date Uzuki on the side

lol everyone acting like doing things outside the group is just the worst betrayal
Rin at least has the grace to feel bad for making folks upset
Mio's just genki about it

I don't like Mio
but I do like that this episode hasn't really featured suit lady

90%+ of the tears in CG are Mio's
everyone looking up at the sky as they give vaguely hopeful speeches to Mio
ah, now it's Mio's turn

Rin is good, and Mio is making her sad
bad
"Let's talk to her!"
a nice thought, Uzuki
but you tried that
and she brushed you off
when one member doesn't even want to talk about issues, the group is pretty much dead
It's great that Mio's at peace with her decision and happy, but it's cruel of her to not discuss things with her friends

Ranko pulling out the plain speech
dang, her voice is getting high
emotional Ranko
Anzu is so freaking wise this season

:yeah:

and there's only one person (who shall not be named) who's shown an unwillingness to talk it over
"We'd like to talk to you [about New Generations]"
"Me too! Look at what I've been doing!"
Mio, if you're not dodging the issue, you're doing a really good job of pretending to
I repeat, it makes a lot of sense that Mio's a theater kid
the center of all the drama in her group of friends

that post I caught a glimpse of was right, this trainer is bad about enforcing rest
and all the watching idols interrupt before they even have a chance to discuss anything
oh my God they're not going to discuss their issues at all
awful

ganbarimasu!
Here's a script that spells out how I think you should feel! Let's recite it, that's like having a conversation, right?
Her motives maybe weren't quite so petty as they seemed at the end of 20
but

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Somewhere, in a just world. iM@S CG S2 had a Ranko and Koume-based episode that dealt with Ranko conquering her fear of scary things and getting to know Koume.

In this world, we got 346.

I don't want this world anymore.

I don't.

:allears:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Don't you just love it when you have a clash with your besties over differences in ideals and then you find a play that somehow perfectly captures the conflict and so you gather your besties and rehearse the play with them in an effort to get the message across instead of actually communicating because communicating through words instead of acting out a scene is totally, like, lame?

I can totally relate.

Yeah, Secret Garden is pretty great

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

Rin is good, and Mio is making her sad
bad
"Let's talk to her!"
a nice thought, Uzuki
but you tried that
and she brushed you off
when one member doesn't even want to talk about issues, the group is pretty much dead
It's great that Mio's at peace with her decision and happy, but it's cruel of her to not discuss things with her friends

and there's only one person (who shall not be named) who's shown an unwillingness to talk it over

As perhaps the only person except that one guy in the CG thread to not think poorly of Mio, I feel like it's unfair to single out Mio for not communication, when the entire reason this started was because Rin herself failed to communicate properly to Mio and Uzuki. Hell, same for Anya. Anya herself never spoke to Minami first, her excuse being that she wanted to make her own decision. Hell, Uzuki's inability to voice her feelings also played a part in Mio running out too, cause she could only say "I don't know" when Mio asked what she felt about the whole thing. Yes, Mio avoided the discussion, so part of it was her fault too. But again, choosing to somehow say that it's solely Mio's unwillingness is weird.

But, and I think this is where Can't and I see things differently, what Rin and Anya did to the Cinderella Project out of the blue had major repercussions and pretty much feels like a betrayal. Because Anya - and Rin - are going over to Krone, the choreography for the Cinderella Project idols has to be changed and adjusted. Minami can no longer participate as a part of the project. Same for New Generations. Which is in of itself a lovely thing to do, but it's even worse because the entire fate of the Cinderella Project hinges on their success at the fall and winter fests. Do Rin and Any have the right to go to Krone? Yes, and the Producer even mentions that it's a very good deal for them. They aren't beholden to the Cinderella Project and their respective groups. Having ambition or drive isn't a bad thing. But doing so without warning, without thinking hard about how your actions will impact others, is bad in my opinion. Even moreso when the girls are supposed to be a tightly knit group who've gone through a ton together. Simply framing it as an 'adventure' or 'challenge' as the episode repeatedly tries to hammer into your face does very little to make me predisposed towards their decisions.

quote:

lol everyone acting like doing things outside the group is just the worst betrayal

So I really can't agree with this post, because I personally do feel like it is a big betrayal. It's going over to another group right when something big is coming up. It's doing so without telling anyone else beforehand. Nitta herself only found out because, cliche cliche, she was standing at the door and overheard. So yeah, obviously the rest of the group would feel shocked and betrayed. I feel like it's a natural thing to feel.

I like Mio. I liker her a lot. I feel like she and the Producer have experienced the most growth in the anime. I've posted about it a lot. If it weren't nearly 1 am here I'd post some more about it. So I'll hafta wait till later.

But I will say this, which is what Mio herself says.

New Generations didn't really get off to a good start, and that's something Mio acknowledges as her fault. So when they did the summer festival, she felt like they could finally start as New Generations. But now, that's not happening. Rin's excuse was that she was gonna try being both New Generations and Triad, but as this episode shows, it's not easily possible. Hell, New Generations and Love Laika had to drop out precisely because their members went to a different project. How is that making things work together? Plus, Mio's question to Rin is also valid in my opinion - why couldn't Rin try doing new things with New Generations? When Rin entered the room, that's exactly what Mio was trying to do. Finding ways for them to chance up New Generations. The three of them were a group. They debuted together. It hasn't even been a year. Possibly not even half a year. So yeah, she's hurt.

I'm not saying her actions in this episode were wholly free of blame, but my personal opinion is that her contributions to the whole drama and miscommunication does not come close to what Rin did.

That said, it really is interesting to see how differently people feel, cause I came off the episode thinking poorly of Rin, Uzuki, and Karen and Nao and thinking highly of Mio, whereas people seem to be of the other opinion.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If CG is going to have drama - which is unavoidable - then I would rather it be more like the human and natural drama of Mio than the manufactured drama or rehashed melodrama that's so prevalent in S2.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

If CG is going to have drama - which is unavoidable - then I would rather it be more like the human and natural drama of Mio than the manufactured drama or rehashed melodrama that's so prevalent in S2.

Thinking about a longer response to your above post, but to this one, :agreed: 100%

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i'm going to loving kill you

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

why did he say that, what prompted this man to say such slander

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Somewhere, in a just world. iM@S CG S2 had a Ranko and Koume-based episode that dealt with Ranko conquering her fear of scary things and getting to know Koume.

yeah it's called episode 26

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

graybook posted:

Just noticed the existence of a fan favorite French femme in both derem@s and gf kari

but she can't even speak french!!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

A Trained Professional: "You've had enough, you need to stop for your own good before you wreck your body."

Trainee: "No, I can keep doing it!"

A Trained Professional Who Knows What's Good For You: "No seriously you're gonna break soething."

Plucky Trainee With Suicidal Determination: "But determination and willpower and drive and passion!"

Audience: "Oh my God this girl is so courageous and strong-willed and a role model!"

quite true for japan

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mika why are you always hanging with these girls.

Don't you have a job.

secret rendezvous with take-p

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

no really, what did yui do in the episode that caused zep to say that

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Futaba Anzu posted:

Looked too similar to Miki-Miki I guess

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Futaba Anzu posted:

yeah it's called episode 26

:ssh:

Zep has to believe this is an unjust world

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

Probably

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Oh loving god.

This is the last arc of iM@S all over again, isn't it.

I was being kinda serious when somewhere in a word salad I wrote that CG and IM@S are the same story if you stand far enough back.

Allarion posted:

Yeah, Secret Garden is pretty great

I started laughing when I eventually stopped the episode halfway through to look up the title on her script.

As for the actual CG thread, I think nobody wanted to actually have 20 posts in a row of "Goddamnit Mio stop doing that." and "So… is Mika loving P-chan or what? Does she think she's a wise old grandmother, looking over her babbies from the wings?"

As perhaps the only person except that one guy in the CG thread to not think poorly of Mio, I feel like it's unfair to single out Mio for not communication, when the entire reason this started was because Rin herself failed to communicate properly to Mio and Uzuki. Hell, same for Anya. Anya herself never spoke to Minami first, her excuse being that she wanted to make her own decision. Hell, Uzuki's inability to voice her feelings also played a part in Mio running out too, cause she could only say "I don't know" when Mio asked what she felt about the whole thing. Yes, Mio avoided the discussion, so part of it was her fault too. But again, choosing to somehow say that it's solely Mio's unwillingness is weird.

But, and I think this is where Can't and I see things differently, what Rin and Anya did to the Cinderella Project out of the blue had major repercussions and pretty much feels like a betrayal. Because Anya - and Rin - are going over to Krone, the choreography for the Cinderella Project idols has to be changed and adjusted. Minami can no longer participate as a part of the project. Same for New Generations. Which is in of itself a lovely thing to do, but it's even worse because the entire fate of the Cinderella Project hinges on their success at the fall and winter fests. Do Rin and Any have the right to go to Krone? Yes, and the Producer even mentions that it's a very good deal for them. They aren't beholden to the Cinderella Project and their respective groups. Having ambition or drive isn't a bad thing. But doing so without warning, without thinking hard about how your actions will impact others, is bad in my opinion. Even moreso when the girls are supposed to be a tightly knit group who've gone through a ton together. Simply framing it as an 'adventure' or 'challenge' as the episode repeatedly tries to hammer into your face does very little to make me predisposed towards their decisions.

So I really can't agree with this post, because I personally do feel like it is a big betrayal. It's going over to another group right when something big is coming up. It's doing so without telling anyone else beforehand. Nitta herself only found out because, cliche cliche, she was standing at the door and overheard. So yeah, obviously the rest of the group would feel shocked and betrayed. I feel like it's a natural thing to feel.

I like Mio. I liker her a lot. I feel like she and the Producer have experienced the most growth in the anime. I've posted about it a lot. If it weren't nearly 1 am here I'd post some more about it. So I'll hafta wait till later.

But I will say this, which is what Mio herself says.

New Generations didn't really get off to a good start, and that's something Mio acknowledges as her fault. So when they did the summer festival, she felt like they could finally start as New Generations. But now, that's not happening. Rin's excuse was that she was gonna try being both New Generations and Triad, but as this episode shows, it's not easily possible. Hell, New Generations and Love Laika had to drop out precisely because their members went to a different project. How is that making things work together? Plus, Mio's question to Rin is also valid in my opinion - why couldn't Rin try doing new things with New Generations? When Rin entered the room, that's exactly what Mio was trying to do. Finding ways for them to chance up New Generations. The three of them were a group. They debuted together. It hasn't even been a year. Possibly not even half a year. So yeah, she's hurt.

I'm not saying her actions in this episode were wholly free of blame, but my personal opinion is that her contributions to the whole drama and miscommunication does not come close to what Rin did.

That said, it really is interesting to see how differently people feel, cause I came off the episode thinking poorly of Rin, Uzuki, and Karen and Nao and thinking highly of Mio, whereas people seem to be of the other opinion.

Like, Anya and Rin going off does mean that things have to be shuffled for the group, but it's not like it's the day before a performance and they just then dumped it on the producer to fix things. Its not exactly something they show, but it's pretty clear that nobody's actually made this decision in a vacuum. So I don't think it's quite that much of an issue as you're making it out to be.

Also like, I get what you're saying about the power of friendship and all that, but like, this is just business. Now when Mio snaps and starts carving someone up like a pumpkin, then betrayal is probably the right word.

Seriously the entire goddamn series that old producer guy's been bugging me. He looks like he should be someone. But like, he's just some nameless old guy??? hosed up
also ahahahaha

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
This was wonderful to wake up to. An excellent break from grinding the ENSIF event.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Very much this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's 'make your Cinderella Girls defense team out of a single character' event time again

http://imas-cg.net/2016/06/19/48881666.html

Or alternate gimmick