Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County (click for the ungodly huge one)

Peanuts waits for its moment to strike. (June 22, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

We've been hip-deep in Starbuck Jones for months on end. This dude's story is built solely around Starbuck Jones. So of course we end (oh god, I hope so) his story with a completely different made-up comic book that we've never seen before and will probably never be seen again. Another slam dunk!

Crankshaft

Out Our Way With The Willets (March 27 and April 3, 1927)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Shooting two films at the same time? Two totally different, in different genres, not-even-vaguely-connected films?

This is completely Asylum. Maybe a Syfy channel in-house production.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

We've been hip-deep in Starbuck Jones for months on end. This dude's story is built solely around Starbuck Jones. So of course we end (oh god, I hope so) his story with a completely different made-up comic book that we've never seen before and will probably never be seen again. Another slam dunk!

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss Cancerbean. At least that was bad enough to be made fun of, but this Starbuck Jones shtick is just plain boring.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Aardmania posted:

I didn't find much on Red Sundays, but I did find a few references to Blue Mondays and drinking.

This one is from 1906. I'm choosing to read this as being about hangovers.
Now I can't stop thinking about petting my liver.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I don't think we'll ever see the Feiffer strip where we can say "well thank god that's an issue of the past".
Never

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True

Dr. Dosem. heh.

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

Whoops Sisters

Mind the tombstone!

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Dave’s Delicatessen (click for big)

Mopsy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluing_(fabric)

Feiffer (click for big)

Jaf

Wee Pals (click for big)

Pied Piper

Mr. Tweedy

Andy Capp (click for big)

Also, this:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

This is Newspaper Spider-Man level of funny. That is obviously a compliment.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life - 24 hands possible, 1 hand drawn.

This wasn't too bad, although the real point of the "Who's On First" bit is that it goes on and on for a while.
I feel so sorry for Lynn's children.

F Minus

It's what their makeup is made of.

Mary Worth

It's kind of a boring life lesson, but "Just wait and most stuff will probably blow over" is a legitimate one for a young adult to learn, I think.

Rex Morgan MD

Until today seeing them all together like this I never realized that I literally don't like a single supporting character in RMMD.

Jungle Jim

Yeah, he would have been crushed and/or ripped apart by the gorilla in no time, and why would the leopard attack a large dangerous animal out of the blue like that then leave it to attack another large animal, but it's not bad action.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 19, 2016

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Haha, it's funny because their mother is a horrible nagging bitch.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Julet Esqu posted:

I think not dislike in the sense of how we're supposed to dislike That Slut Bitch Tiffany, but more in the sense of, ":smug: Look at this dumb jock just coming right out and telling a girl he likes her instead of befriending her first and allowing her to gradually fall in love with him over time or constructing a complex web of intrigue for her to fall into. What a chump. Why, he's so stupid that he was rejected without any great impact to his self esteem! Definitely not a worthy suitor for our sweet little Lu Lu. :smug:"

I get that Luann is a poo poo comic but like, basically every woman I know would think the dude is a creep. Not because he asked her out, but because he keeps asking her out after she told him off. That's not being assertive, it's harassment toward a woman who clearly is not interested.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
For consideration.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Countblanc posted:

after she told him off

She did not, in fact, do this. One-eye said "she's not into you" or something, but I can hardly blame someone for ignoring him given what he'd been talking about previously.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set remembers when that guy was actually a hero.

Working Daze realizes it's going to be a terrible father.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix wishes everyone a happy Father's Day.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ukonvasara posted:

She did not, in fact, do this. One-eye said "she's not into you" or something, but I can hardly blame someone for ignoring him given what he'd been talking about previously.

didn't she do exactly that when they were in art class before? granted that was months ago in real time but probably like two weeks at most within the comic's universe.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
On the other hand, it's somehow already the end of the semester despite having done and learned zip in class, but having time to go to NYC.
God, what a sloppy comic.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

It's hard to fault the Luann chronology too much when Tom Batiuk almost effortlessly demonstrates how much worse it could be.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Johnny Walker posted:

Until today seeing them all together like this I never realized that I literally don't like a single supporting character in RMMD.

Bring back the alcoholic cowgirl!

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Moving. Spiritually enriching. Sublime. “High” art, or, Gasoline Alley

Phoebe and her Unicorn, or, Heavenly Nostrils

Middle School Action Comics!, or, Big Nate

Descent into Madness, or, Ziggy

Best Comic in the Thread, or, Cul de Sac

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Mister Kingdom posted:

You can definitely see the target audience for Ziggy. He still has a CRT TV. TV repairmen make house calls. He knows what "horizontal hold" is.
Well, the first two of those, anyway: I'm trying to work out how sitting in a rocking chair is supposed to make it look like the picture is scrolling sideways. Is he sitting at a right angle to the screen and only looking at it from the corner of his eye, or did the writer mean "vertical hold"? :iiam:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
"Podner"?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

'Pardner' as spoken by a jackass who named his kid 'Boog'.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

YOU HAVE A PHD IN PHYSICS YOU SHOULD KNOW GOD drat WELL THAT WOULD KILL EVERYONE IN THE AUDIENCE AND DESTROY THE STADIUM AND MOST OF THE SURROUNDING AREA

why is this what gets me about piranha club

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Outland

Ripley's

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Aww, gee. :smith:

The Amazing Spider-Man

I usually just catch them under a cup and move them, but I heard that might just be dooming them to a slower death. :(

Sally Forth

These kids. They're good kids. :)

The Heart of Juliet Jones

She should have known she couldn't trust a mustache like that.

Prince Valiant

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

I like this lady.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Moomin is the go-to comic for embarrassed animals

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I don't get the "peace and karats" one. :confused:

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD
Is Kelly just wearing her normal, everyday clothes?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Tiggum posted:

I don't get the "peace and karats" one. :confused:

Peas and carrots.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Julet Esqu posted:

I usually just catch them under a cup and move them, but I heard that might just be dooming them to a slower death. :(
If it makes you feel any better, a slower death is the best you can ever accomplish for any living thing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont trap spiderman under a giant cup

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Dont trap spiderman under a giant cup

Being defeated by a giant cup wouldn't be out of line for him.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

The colorist sure hosed up that speech bubble.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Darkest Auer posted:

The colorist sure hosed up that speech bubble.

:shrug:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Savidudeosoo posted:

ha ha he's poor, get it?

kith_groupie posted:

A lot of times on Craigslist I see VHS tapes of old shows or a set of books (usually about the Olde West) or some other ancient medium that you could get a huge cardboard box of at a thrift store for 3 bucks or would be in the "free" pile at a yard sale, but there's usually a description of "DEAN MARTIN ROASTS VHS GOOD CONDITION FUNNY ALL THE STARS YOU REMEMBER 20 DOLLARS EACH DO NOT TEXT ONLY CALL."

It makes me sort of sad because irl pluggers don't get how the world works anymore, and also kinda angry because those prices are donkies.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Inspector Danger

Even for an Inspector Danger, there's a LOT wrong with that

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I'm already more interested in these new characters than the old ones.

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger
That window can't be more than six meters off the ground, if that. I guess you could die falling from that height, but if you were going to commit suicide you'd pick something higher.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

I'm already more interested in these new characters than the old ones.

They all died under the sea.

Wait holy poo poo are they just going to have escaped from drug smugglers in the middle of the desert and made their way out to open ocean through a tunnel?!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Wait holy poo poo are they just going to have escaped from drug smugglers in the middle of the desert and made their way out to open ocean through a tunnel?!

I'm pretty sure they're on an island. They arrived by boat, then got chased into a cave.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I thought they were in the middle of a desert when they interrupted some no good fellas from south of the border.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
To me they have always been in a cave. I'm only left with a vague idea of the Before Times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy is so good right now. And now that Phantom's got a weird as heck daily artist, it's kinda standing alone here in the 'serious' comic department.

• Locked thread