Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Took me forever to see that it's Snufaluptagus next to Oscar there. It was the giant eyelid and lashes that finally connected the dots for me.

Also, how convenient for the count that he can recycle that into a really great Ra's al Ghul costume next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

CzarChasm posted:

Took me forever to see that it's Snufaluptagus next to Oscar there. It was the giant eyelid and lashes that finally connected the dots for me.

Also, how convenient for the count that he can recycle that into a really great Ra's al Ghul costume next year

Who? Dud, you're bonkers.

And the guy with the letters in his coat isn't grover? Who the poo poo is he?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

VendaGoat posted:

Who? Dud, you're bonkers.

And the guy with the letters in his coat isn't grover? Who the poo poo is he?

It's Lefty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfelvI_ikf4

learn your history

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Huh. In that case, cool.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Funhilde posted:

well and they cut off Elmo on the left there

I found a shot of Elmo, he wasn't so great:

Speaking of lovely cosplay:

And here's the shittiest cosplay I've ever seen!!

:nexus::yoshi:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Geralt after retirement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0bqmRU5A5c

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

I unironically love the white t-shirt with Bert's pattern poorly printed on it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Why all the loving space between cookie monster and Oscar?

poo poo is retarded yo.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

VendaGoat posted:

Why all the loving space between cookie monster and Oscar?

poo poo is retarded yo.

Gonna keep trying with that joke, huh?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Toebone posted:

What joke?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Love it, love everything about it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Toebone posted:

Aleph Null posted:

What joke?

:confused: yah man, what joke?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

It's missing thousands of gwent cards all over the floor in his place.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aleph Null posted:

What joke?

There used to be a running joke in Sesame St that Snuffleupagus was Big Bird's imaginary friend and other people would never see him because he'd always leave before anyone else arrived. They stopped doing that in 1985 and now everyone can see him.

quote:

In an interview on a Canadian telethon that was hosted by Bob McGrath, Snuffy's performer, Martin P. Robinson, revealed that Snuffy was finally introduced to the main human cast mainly due to a string of high-profile and sometimes graphic stories of pedophilia and sexual abuse of children that had been aired on shows such as 60 Minutes and 20/20. The writers felt that by having the adults refuse to believe Big Bird despite the fact that he was telling the truth, they were scaring children into thinking that their parents would not believe them if they had been sexually abused and that they would just be better off remaining silent. On the same telethon, during Robinson's explanation, Loretta Long uttered the words "Bronx daycare", a reference to a news event on New York TV station WNBC-TV in which there were reports of alleged sexual abuse at a Bronx daycare center. This was seen in the documentary Sesame Street Unpaved.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

There is a gorilla who can speak english and had a lighting gun, and a dead man who is constantly coming back to life.

Well, ok. How good is the gorilla at Starcraft, though?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hyperlynx posted:

Well, ok. How good is the gorilla at Starcraft, though?

With four hands and a genius-level IQ? Probably pretty good, actually :pseudo:.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Here's Denver Comic-Con Sunday. Most of the really good cosplay was on Fri and Sat but I was in costume those days and didn't have my camera. (side note: I was the headcrab zombie walking around, if anyone reading this has pics of me could you please post them, I don't have any pics of me in costume and the headcrab was destroyed so I can't take any more :()

sad Piccolo

cool dragon puppet

Also I didn't get a picture of it, but on Sat there was a guy dressed as the leader of the Orange County Liberation Front from the Venture Bros. That was by far my favorite.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Yeah looks like most elaborate armor costumes were worn Saturday.

Here were some I got pictures of it was hard because we had the kid with us and were photographed a bunch.

Don't know who these ladies are but they were in character. I'm sure they were pro costumers.

Iceman had some impressive make up/hair.

Witness these war boys!

These folks weren't together but I had seen Jon Snow earlier and she was right by Hodor

I guess there was a group these folks were a part of but they were alone when we saw them.

Batman with accidental dramatic cape.

Ran into another Mary.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

There was a female Comedian and a bombshell Supergirl taking pictures together. My daughter walked away with the Comedian's gun. :3:

Grem has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Jun 20, 2016

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Funhilde posted:

Yeah looks like most elaborate armor costumes were worn Saturday.

Here were some I got pictures of it was hard because we had the kid with us and were photographed a bunch.

Oh hey, I didn't know you were the Mary Poppins couple. You probably don't remember me but I said you guys look great as I was walking by.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Linux Pirate posted:

Oh hey, I didn't know you were the Mary Poppins couple. You probably don't remember me but I said you guys look great as I was walking by.

Thanks! We got that a few times which was sometimes better than having to stop for pictures.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
How far apart are that one dude's eyes?

Was this in that one convention center that has a huge bear or something looking into the windows? I passed that place once like eight years ago and was enamored by it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mostly dead is not all dead. All dead, you just rifle through their pockets and look for loose change.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

kinmik posted:

Was this in that one convention center that has a huge bear or something looking into the windows? I passed that place once like eight years ago and was enamored by it.

Yes, the giant blue bear. The name of the sculpture is "I See What You Mean"

http://www.denver.org/things-to-do/denver-arts-culture/denver-blue-bear-artist/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

:shrug:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h2...xTd3bBif4uBAkZn

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Holy poo poo is that Condorman? Loved that film as a kid.

Thought I was the only living person who remembered it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

:dva:

Also lol@photoshopped eyes.

WHATSGOOD.US
Jun 20, 2016

by Cowcaster
Some are creative but most of them look amaturish.. I like the cute ones though

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CaptainCrunch posted:

Holy poo poo is that Condorman? Loved that film as a kid.

Thought I was the only living person who remembered it.
Oh and it does this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbTuDS4pMYA

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It may be the angle, but she looks incredibly tall

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Samovar posted:

It may be the angle, but she looks incredibly tall

She was pretty tall. Perfect for the character- Honey Lemon from Big hero 6

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

And here's the shittiest cosplay I've ever seen!!

:nexus::yoshi:

I'm always confused when I see someone posing with a prop like this. does she just sit there all day or does she push her giant mound of fake poo poo around with her and then reach in for photo ops?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

As Nero Danced posted:

I'm always confused when I see someone posing with a prop like this. does she just sit there all day or does she push her giant mound of fake poo poo around with her and then reach in for photo ops?

Pretty sure that thing is on wheels. You'd have to be hella stupid to not have large props like that readily mobile.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Maybe there's someone inside.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
That's what I figured, but it's still a weird thing to see someone just wheeling a mound of poo poo around- actually, has anyone done a Joe Dirt cosplay with the giant turd?

Kramjacks posted:

Maybe there's someone inside.

In that case I hope she offers a glove to people walking by so when they reach in the poo poo monster grabs onto them.

e: VVV Dad's a deadbeat piece of poo poo that got left behind thirty years ago, so that's applicableVVV

As Nero Danced has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Jun 21, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

As Nero Danced posted:

does she push her giant mound of poo poo around with her and then reach in for photo ops?

Ask your dad how he travels with your mum

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Is that little girl on the right dressed as Markiplier or is there another pink mustache person out there?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

CzarChasm posted:

Is that little girl on the right dressed as Markiplier or is there another pink mustache person out there?

She is, or more specifically "Willfred Worfstache," Mark's weird alter-ego. Kids loving love LPers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

As Nero Danced posted:

That's what I figured, but it's still a weird thing to see someone just wheeling a mound of poo poo around- actually, has anyone done a Joe Dirt cosplay with the giant turd?

Wizardcon Philly 2016

• Locked thread