Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
I saw Hanzo played in a professional game earlier this weekend. Alienware Monthly Melee. First Envy went all Hanzos for point A of King's Row. They all fired one Sonic Arrow a piece, and then they all fired a Scatter Shot at the same place. They caught one of the defenders with the ensuing chaos, giving them a 6v5 advantage for the first point. From there they switched to a normal team comp. Was a cool trick. One guy stayed Hanzo for the ensuing push. Performed admirably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kvxcSrQIUc

Melty were pretty much outclassed for the entire series, but I don't think Hanzo is quite as bad as goons think. I like playing him, and I despise playing stereotypical sniper characters like Widow.

Elpato fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Lúcio and Rein are my choices for "I never played FPSs how can I be of help" heroes. It's rare that one of those two can't help the team even if you're garbage.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Hexas posted:

You will block the damage but it won't be reflected back.

Which is lame, Genji should do some kind of sweet metal gear rising parry attack when he blocks the hammer

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

Lucio, Mei, Mercy.

You're loving up big time if you're not using Mei's right click as her primary fire.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Thank you game, for letting a Reaper walk over my bear trap and not be caught, never actually seeing it on his screen until after he kills me, then 180s and shoots the trap like he knew it was there all along.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Am I missing something about Winston? His shield might as well be styrafoam, and the cooldown is ridiculous at over ten seconds. On top of that, his super only really shines on maps with lots of pits to work with.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Thor-Stryker posted:

Thank you game, for letting a Reaper walk over my bear trap and not be caught, never actually seeing it on his screen until after he kills me, then 180s and shoots the trap like he knew it was there all along.

Bear traps can be finicky sometimes, although nowhere near as bad as Widowmaker's poison mine are(seriously that thing is terrible)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is it just me or does Junkrats grenades have a slight delay when you fire them? It feels like you have to lead targets running to the side close by a little bit more than you should need to, just a split second, but still noticeable.
It's not really something insurmountable, you can easily get used to it over time, but it feels a little bit off.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Elpato posted:

I saw Hanzo played in a professional game earlier this weekend. Alienware Monthly Melee. First Melty went all Hanzos for point A of King's Row. They all fired one Sonic Arrow a piece, and then they all fired a Scatter Shot at the same place. They caught one of the defenders with the ensuing chaos, giving them a 6v5 advantage for the first point. From there they switched to a normal team comp. Was a cool trick, and it worked against a team that outclassed them in every round for the entire Bo7 series. One guy stayed on Hanzo and performed admirably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kvxcSrQIUc

Like I said, these guys were pretty much outclassed for the entire series, but I don't think Hanzo is quite as bad as goons think. I like playing him, and I despise playing stereotypical sniper characters like Widow.

Watching the video, it looks like EnvyUS is the team that did the all Hanzo trick.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

Am I missing something about Winston? His shield might as well be styrafoam, and the cooldown is ridiculous at over ten seconds. On top of that, his super only really shines on maps with lots of pits to work with.

His DPS is low but he can drop on top of people without having to take the long way around the map. I feel like the whole point with him is either to drop extra pressure on opponents that a teammate is already engaging, or drop in on an ally that's in trouble to relieve the pressure. If you can get on top of people that have their cooldowns already expended then there's basically no way for them to outlast you.

Other than jumping a widowmaker you don't want to be engaging people that are well positioned by yourself. The worst winston play is jumping right to the point while the other team watches you coming.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I AM INSANE WITH POWER THE CAVS WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND NOW I MUST MURDER AND WIN THESE OVERWATCH GAMES WITH THE ENERGY LEBRON GAVE ME

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Broken Cog posted:

Is it just me or does Junkrats grenades have a slight delay when you fire them? It feels like you have to lead targets running to the side close by a little bit more than you should need to, just a split second, but still noticeable.
It's not really something insurmountable, you can easily get used to it over time, but it feels a little bit off.

have you ever played demoman in tf2? yeah grenades will ALWAYS have a slight back of gun to barrel travel time

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

verbal enema posted:

I AM INSANE WITH POWER THE CAVS WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND NOW I MUST MURDER AND WIN THESE OVERWATCH GAMES WITH THE ENERGY LEBRON GAVE ME

i can only hope for your eternal suffering

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Two maps against a group with multiple 100+ players and they lost both times. That feels good.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Dias posted:

i can only hope for your eternal suffering

lol im actually one of the best goons so no sorry Steph Curry that wont happen

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Crosspostin', but eh. Got this and I'm happy so I'm sharing. :colbert:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

verbal enema posted:

lol im actually one of the best goons so no sorry Steph Curry that wont happen

Lol that you've deluded yourself into thinking this, child

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Spiros posted:

Lol that you've deluded yourself into thinking this, child

says the guy with a trundle av lol go home lil nigga

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Enough sports talk in videogame thread

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Has Blizzard said anything about fixing the netcode?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Golem II posted:

i heard some poo poo about possibly raising the tick rate on PC

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Golem II posted:

Whining thread is next door, buddy.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

PublicOpinion posted:

Watching the video, it looks like EnvyUS is the team that did the all Hanzo trick.

You're right. I am bad with team names, because they kind of samey. Fixed.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

piratepilates posted:

Whining thread is next door, buddy.

Simple question buddy

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://webmshare.com/play/rvZ0e

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Golem II posted:

Simple question buddy

Simple answer pal

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

verbal enema posted:

same, except maybe not tonight

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Volskaya attack.

I go Reaper and port left to the dock platform to avoid the choke point and flank.

As I materialize, I see a D.Va waiting for me in the door. She boosts towards me, I sidestep (going "Oléééé" in my mind) she blasts off the platform. Flabbergasted, she forgets she could easily pull up and turn around. Seconds later, in chat: "whyy?".

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
cool thing report: whiffing your last grenade as junkrat just as a tracer corners you, throwing a trap at your feet, and rooting her as your death bombs take her with you.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!

Father Wendigo posted:

His ult gives him a big health pool and you can jump like crazy, plus your ape arms knock people pretty far off of points and objectives. Always be jumping and use it when you want to cause maximum chaos because yeah he won't kill anyone but you're still smacking people around and being irritating.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Golem II posted:

They've said something about how their netcode is made of magic and unicorns and doesn't need your silly high tickrate that every modern multiplayer shooter uses. But I don't know if they've really given technical details, just something something prediction server side something. But on the other hand, they do have an option under custom games to play at a 60 hz tickrate so they're apparently testing it. I, too, am a little miffed when I react to something on my screen and still die to it, and then watch the death cam to see myself not even turning around. But it happens so rarely that it's not really worth getting mad about. Not when I can get mad about the second Hanzo on my team instead.

FatSamurai posted:

His ult gives him a big health pool and you can jump like crazy, plus your ape arms knock people pretty far off of points and objectives. Always be jumping and use it when you want to cause maximum chaos because yeah he won't kill anyone but you're still smacking people around and being irritating.

It does very little damage, especially to turrets, as I painfully learned earlier today. Thought I would take out a turret on the point with rage-ape, but Torb popped molten core and I don't think I even did any damage to it. Just ran around it in circles polishing it up with my furry paws.

In general, it's great if you've got a few teammates awake enough to take advantage of the chaos, but if you're trying to be the solo hero you're just going to bounce people around and then die as soon as it wears off.

BobTheJanitor fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 20, 2016

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The Winston ult is just so unpredictable that it forces people out of position. This is especially true in Ilios/Nepal where you pretty much need to clear out or die because he can swap targets quickly. I usually play Lucio/Mercy/Widow and he's super irritating.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'd like Winston better if you could control his jump better. It having a forced minimum distance always screws with me when I'm using his ultimate ability.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

anyone else getting mad disconnect issues?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Dias posted:

Lúcio and Rein are my choices for "I never played FPSs how can I be of help" heroes. It's rare that one of those two can't help the team even if you're garbage.

I'm somehow extremely bad at Rein, but Lucio works really well for me. I think it's the mobility and the fact that the aura is passive so I can just stand around my teammates and amp it up if it looks like things are particularly going to poo poo.

Also, did battlenet just go down for everyone? Because it was my first time trying to play with friends and somehow I can't shake the feeling I'm personally responsible.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Dungeon Ecology posted:

I was watching MoonMoon's stream and he got DCed a bit ago and still can't get back in.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Game's dead. Move along.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dungeon Ecology posted:

https://gfycat.com/ElectricPleasantBlackrussianterrier

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Brannock posted:

I'd like Winston better if you could control his jump better. It having a forced minimum distance always screws with me when I'm using his ultimate ability.

I would really like it if Winston's jump didnt fail every so often and just short hop you one inch, most likely causing your death because you were trying to escape after killing someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

trust nobody not even yourself.

i've logged in and gotten into games but I get disconnected before the game begins :(