Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You are a good dude.

But you are __________.

I'll let the goons fill in the blank there. We can have fun with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You are a good dude.

But you are leaving litter all over the loving place.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You are a good dude.

But you are not on IW's level.

Invisible Woman 2:48 ttk :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f39-6gVPXkU

And she still gets lots of unaware damage that doesn't apply at the training dummy.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 19, 2016

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

So I jus e'aim at e'heart of San Luis fan e'pull e'treeger? Hokay.
:suicide:

Lozareth posted:

Invisible Woman 2:48 ttk :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f39-6gVPXkU

And she still gets lots of unaware damage that doesn't apply at the training dummy.

I always ran CWS and switched to mom nipples build this weekend and it's fun as heck. I also just got my first mane* and I'm gonna wrap it lovingly around Mom once I can ignore my wife and child again tonight.

*free gift from a goon wth that was amazing I even tried to give him 4 HoD, the ICR going rate.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
There used to be a way to alt of shiftclick to use abilities on other bars... is that functionality gone?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tVzYki48Hj9AyHERh4Dk6G86EYH8KwQh5-AiR1KuqUo/edit#gid=0

This used to work, but it's been broken? Seems like the game resets changes to the UI setting every time I start it up.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 19, 2016

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Chilichimp posted:

There used to be a way to alt of shiftclick to use abilities on other bars... is that functionality gone?

you had to edit some ini file or something to do it.

and now it's not listed in the op any more. thanks icr

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tVzYki48Hj9AyHERh4Dk6G86EYH8KwQh5-AiR1KuqUo/edit#gid=0

This used to work, but it's been broken? Seems like the game resets changes to the UI setting every time I start it up.

Use this. http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/218720/extra-hotkey-editor/p1

I posted a link to This utility already and ICR said he'd add it to the OP. A few pages back.

Corzen fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 19, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Polegrinder posted:

Hawkeye owns. I bought him today and I'm having a ton of fun. I think Hawkeye might replace Wolverine as my favorite, or at least tie for that spot.

I'm really starting to doubt any and all hero suggestions - oh get Doom he is good and fun, sucks. Oh Wolverine is bad, actually fun.

You're gonna love She-Hulk.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You are a good dude.

And you are better than SV or DP.

Chilichimp posted:

The update of the engine doesn't like you modifying the keybinds ini file anymore. Once you make your changes, set it to Read Only.

Corzen posted:

Use this. http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/218720/extra-hotkey-editor/p1

I posted a link to This utility already and ICR said he'd add it to the OP. A few pages back.

Look how long it took him to update the Cosmic List...

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Polegrinder posted:

Hawkeye owns. I bought him today and I'm having a ton of fun. I think Hawkeye might replace Wolverine as my favorite, or at least tie for that spot.

I'm really starting to doubt any and all hero suggestions - oh get Doom he is good and fun, sucks. Oh Wolverine is bad, actually fun.

What's your in-game name?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

don't tell him polegrinder, the anti-hawkeye bloc will murder you for enjoying the best hero in the game

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
Picked this up for the 2016 update. Seems like a fun enough game.

The impact of stuff and spell / skill effects isn't quite as satisfying as any of the Diablo games, but the core game play loop seems a lot more polished.

I unlocked Magik. She feels exactly like the D2 necromancer. I'm told there's a couple of other nods to Diablo in terms of skill functionality, stuff like iceman literally has frozen orb, and storm plays like a lightning sorc.

The eternity splinter seem feels slightly generous, too. I feel that by the time I'm done with the story and have done the side quests, I'll have enough for a couple extra heroes.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

OneDeadlyBum posted:

Picked this up for the 2016 update. Seems like a fun enough game.

The impact of stuff and spell / skill effects isn't quite as satisfying as any of the Diablo games, but the core game play loop seems a lot more polished.

I unlocked Magik. She feels exactly like the D2 necromancer. I'm told there's a couple of other nods to Diablo in terms of skill functionality, stuff like iceman literally has frozen orb, and storm plays like a lightning sorc.

The eternity splinter seem feels slightly generous, too. I feel that by the time I'm done with the story and have done the side quests, I'll have enough for a couple extra heroes.

As a new player, remember one thing:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Polegrinder posted:

are you from britain?

doesnt matter, you are now in britcrew

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

britcrew consisted of the triumvirate

ansob
that one guy with the really bad vboice who was on mumble sometimes whose name i dont remember but he insisted he had a sexy voice and everyone hated him
the other guy whose name i cant remember who sucked and had a pony avatar

and its gone now. victory over britcrew was declared at least 8 months ago

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

I AM THE MOON posted:

britcrew consisted of the triumvirate

ansob
that one guy with the really bad vboice who was on mumble sometimes whose name i dont remember but he insisted he had a sexy voice and everyone hated him
the other guy whose name i cant remember who sucked and had a pony avatar

and its gone now. victory over britcrew was declared at least 8 months ago

in my defence, that pony avatar was bought for me by forums superstar forums moderator former trek-core editor AATrek

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
If Ultron is Raspberry Doom, to Doom's original Lemon Lime, I'm all for it because Raspberry tastes better.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

If Ultron is Raspberry Doom, to Doom's original Lemon Lime, I'm all for it because Raspberry tastes better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxVPPy5w9NA

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Right now the more accurate comparison is if Doom's lemon lime, Ultron is a jar of urine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Excuse me, that's old fashioned peach tea.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

Hang on, is Howard the Duck no longer available from the ARMOR incursion event? :ducksiren:

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Welp, ICR made me into an officer now

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Ok someone tell me what to do with 3500 omegas and what gear I need to get cyclops through the loving cosmic trial.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Not knowing what characters you have, you can pretty much safely do 10/10 for spintech and warpath for any non pet dependent build and then max out some DR/+% damage node relevant to whatever damage you do.

edit: I'm dumb and can't read

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 20, 2016

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Gilok posted:

Ok someone tell me what to do with 3500 omegas and what gear I need to get cyclops through the loving cosmic trial.

Just play defensively and try not to get hit. If you're low then try letting your team up tank for a bit while you medkit.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Prel posted:

Strangely, this makes way more sense than him being good.

it's actually irrelevant

the best time was still done without using the bug, and the previous tourney also saw blade at least in the #2 spot

Blade really is good, albeit fairly basic

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Gilok posted:

Get a Costume Core with invulnerability on it. Also get Pirate Deadpool and get him to 60. Max his signature and the bomb ability. AoE and move always, try not to stand in one spot too long. Watch the telegraphs on the ground. If I can beat it with Wolverine, you can do it on Cyclops!!

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Gilok posted:

From what I remember, get the DoT talent for your blasts and the summon that has a bleed, then just roll, blast, roll, summon while everything ticks down.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Another new sub-3 ttk, Rachet Racon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPUnrZdJhFc

Prinn is a madman devoting his entire life to the racon and learning the minutest details about being the absolute best racon you can. Weaving that quickly surprises me. I would've thought it was a dps loss. I think multiple instances of BFG end up ticking on the target. He also ditches Gravity Mine and only uses the Sam Wilson team-up for vulnerability. There's a couple heroes I should try that on.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Lozareth posted:

only uses the Sam Wilson team-up for vulnerability

You gave me so much poo poo for this >:(

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Bagarthach posted:

This one? Pass.

This one though, hubba hubba!

You see, sometimes I'm busy and don't check the thread for a few days. When I come back I have to make the decision; do I skip to the most recent page or go through several pages and just skim them for amusing links and images. This is why I almost always choose the latter.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lozareth posted:

Another new sub-3 ttk, Rachet Racon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPUnrZdJhFc

Prinn is a madman devoting his entire life to the racon and learning the minutest details about being the absolute best racon you can. Weaving that quickly surprises me. I would've thought it was a dps loss. I think multiple instances of BFG end up ticking on the target. He also ditches Gravity Mine and only uses the Sam Wilson team-up for vulnerability. There's a couple heroes I should try that on.
Could chugging potions until the buff bar overflows hiding temporary buffs be the new starting at 95% dummy health?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

davebo posted:

You see, sometimes I'm busy and don't check the thread for a few days. When I come back I have to make the decision; do I skip to the most recent page or go through several pages and just skim them for amusing links and images. This is why I almost always choose the latter.

I look forward to your photo in both of these shortly

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Right now the more accurate comparison is if Doom's lemon lime, Ultron is a jar of urine.

Ultron is Doom Zero.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Could chugging potions until the buff bar overflows hiding temporary buffs be the new starting at 95% dummy health?

He clicks his buff bar to show it's only one page. Prinn talked to me a lot before getting started doing ttk's. He's a good guy and so detail-oriented/finicky/delves so deep into math and getting the rotation perfect/etc. that I doubt he'd murk up his testing through cheating.

Me, I get all my testing done, then I cheat.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Ajax posted:

I look forward to your photo in both of these shortly

Buy in now, Dave, with a little effort we can match.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'm not sure if the loot drop rates have changed for this event alone or totally since I took my hiatus. It took probably my first 1000 hours (though I sorta quit right there) to get my beloved lovely Punchclops. In the past 90 minutes I got 3 more delightfully useless Punchclops.

Also I finally got Cyke though the cosmic trial. Barely made it with loving 5300 poorly spent Omega Moogle points. drat do Cyke's wind-up animations and durability seriously suck rear end against Red Skull's grenade.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Wow cosmic insane cake patrol has so much loot when Odin rolls through its insane. 2 cakes and a groot in two hours. Magik and the thing both hit 60, with huggy at 47. Cashed in the two winters caskets for some kind of jackpot bonus since I went from 50ish Odens to 2456. Today was good.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Yeah Yeah double post.

They really need to have a character by character mute option. And one for the side kicks to. loving falcon and silver surfer both need a nice glass of shut the gently caress up. But seriously falcon if you tell me your not a side kick your a avenger 1 more loving time you may never hit 60. There are some really good voice work and I still want to hear those.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

if they ever allow anyone to disable hearing nut facts from squirrel girl the game will die immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lozareth posted:

He clicks his buff bar to show it's only one page. Prinn talked to me a lot before getting started doing ttk's. He's a good guy and so detail-oriented/finicky/delves so deep into math and getting the rotation perfect/etc. that I doubt he'd murk up his testing through cheating.

Me, I get all my testing done, then I cheat.

He's certainly doing great and watching his video, the character animations are so awkward due to the weaving. It looks identical to what a racon having a seizure looks like.

I am eagerly awaiting weaving to be eliminated because that is happening. Its been discussed extensively and there's a plan already in place for it but naturally, it's taking forever and it sounds like it is because they don't know where to move the damage or how much to move to another skill when it is eliminated.

So I see these ttks with weaving and I know that we are going to have a lot of obsolete builds sometime. I just have no clue when although it is a hot discussion.

• Locked thread