Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Cleretic posted:

THAT Jewish community does. It's the foundation of the currently-sitting member's support base, and basically the only part of the electorate that likes him. He's been doing his best to paint the Greens as anti-Israel just to galvanize that section against us, and that part of the electorate's been by far the most difficult and painful to actually deal with in any way.

How to deal with meeting people that think we're anti-Israel is literally the only specific advice and instruction on a single detail I have been given during Greens volunteering. That's how difficult that part is.

to a lot of that particular community anything short of driving Palestine back into the sea is anti-Israel. A lot of hardcore zionist support in the south east.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Chicken's work made it into the Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jun/20/campaign-catchup-sorting-real-from-fake

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Solemn Sloth posted:

to a lot of that particular community anything short of driving Palestine back into the sea is anti-Israel. A lot of hardcore zionist support in the south east.

The most painful part of this whole campaign has been sitting with our candidate at a pub and listening to her talk about having to deal with this. She's a fantastic person, and doing her absolute best to deal with everything that's coming her way (the fact we even tried to doorknock in Caulfield is exceptional), and what she's getting from just this small subset of the electorate, that's drat near monopolizing her efforts to reach out to the population as a whole, is heartbreaking.

The Greens' estimates are that if we don't win Melbourne Ports in this election, we'll definitely win it next one. But I really hope it doesn't come to that, because god damnit, this lot doesn't deserve to get their way if this is what it is and how they do it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The amount of LNP voters whose main vote deciding conern is Medicare but will still vote for Liberal :allears: :suicide:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The latest Friendly Jordies is a Health Insurance ad?????

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Anidav posted:

The amount of LNP voters whose main vote deciding conern is Medicare but will still vote for Liberal :allears: :suicide:

Their main concern is medicare: getting rid of it

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

Snod. posted:

Can we start calling ourselves Dimtralians?

Can't see why not.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Can someone post a trip report of the ACA special?

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Anidav posted:

Or those OAPs who know the Libs will look after them, despite the last 20 years of pension increases showing otherwise.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
lmao turnbull is not doing that well on Q&A

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
turnball is crook as a dog, going to lose the election because he got the flu

shoulda supported public healthcare before going amongst the proles mal

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Anidav posted:

The latest Friendly Jordies is a Health Insurance ad?????

but it's hidden behind a charming veneer of casual racism! what's not to like?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

thatbastardken posted:

turnball is crook as a dog, going to lose the election because he got the flu

shoulda supported public healthcare before going amongst the proles mal

Hopefully he takes doewn the entire press gallery and a bunch of pollies so they all lose their voice and cant say poo poo.

also, lol if you think Turnbull uses the public health system. He would have a dr flown out to where ever he is to follow him round.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Nah he got the bug from some poor tradie who couldn't get a free vaccination

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2graVInVnk

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

OH MY GOD THEY HAVE A PERSON IN THE CONCENTRATION CAMP ON Q&A

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Well Turnbull's getting hosed.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Turnbull was absolutely speechless, gently caress me

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yess he is explaining why we must be strong and doubling down on the concentration camps

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think you should get hosed Mr. Turnbull.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Recoome posted:

OH MY GOD THEY HAVE A PERSON IN THE CONCENTRATION CAMP ON Q&A

LOL, seriously? I expect News Corpse to go nuts tomorrow, and probably start tracking down everyone who was in the audience, even those who were going to vote Liberal

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

WE DON'T HAVE A HEART OF STONE
*proceeds to lock up people indefinitely*

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
we're not stupid enough to open the borders and have a huge swarm of people whose criminals history and backgrounds we have no way of checking either.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Turnbull is on the back foot, "The Labor party.."

"Let me explain"

"So basically"

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

LibertyCat posted:

we're not stupid enough to open the borders and have a huge swarm of people whose criminals history and backgrounds we have no way of checking either.

Hey mate have you shaved your head yet?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

LibertyCat posted:

If there was one person that should drown at sea

It's you.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
clearly opposing this makes you a Nazi

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yep and now he was asked about the comments of Corey Bernadi and George Christensen lmao

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

hahahaha shut the gently caress up you skinhead piece of poo poo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Abortion is for the states!
*faaaaaaaaart*

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Turnbull is getting hosed lmao

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
there is a massive excluded middle between open borders and concentration camps you fuckwit

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
yeah, backing out of the farce of a refugee convention, which I have repeatedly advocated for. These people aren't swimming across the border from a failed state, they have gone though multiple safe countries on their way to the one local idiot nation that has stuck with an obsolete treaty.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

LibertyCat posted:

yeah, backing out of the farce of a refugee convention, which I have repeatedly advocated for. These people aren't swimming across the border from a failed state, they have gone though multiple safe countries on their way to the one local idiot nation that has stuck with an obsolete treaty.

Would you kindly gently caress off back to the country your family emigrated here from

1940s germany, assumedly

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

every now and then I accidentally read a whole headline before realising it's an amanda vandstone piece.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

"Why does Lord Shorten hate me so" is the funniest thing I've read in ages, don't ask me why.

Anyway, I was at pub quiz, how did Turnbull go on qanda?

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

LibertyCat posted:

What safe countries are you referring to? Because i'd love to hear how nice and safe a place like Indonesia would be for refugees, nothing but 5 star reviews from PNG and East Timor. I tell you what.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Should have realised LibertyCat is all for massive government power and abuse as long as it's focused against helpless minorities. I think he's a libertarian?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

For some reason Australians strongly identify with European colonists displacing native populations :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Cleretic posted:

The most painful part of this whole campaign has been sitting with our candidate at a pub and listening to her talk about having to deal with this. She's a fantastic person, and doing her absolute best to deal with everything that's coming her way (the fact we even tried to doorknock in Caulfield is exceptional), and what she's getting from just this small subset of the electorate, that's drat near monopolizing her efforts to reach out to the population as a whole, is heartbreaking.

The Greens' estimates are that if we don't win Melbourne Ports in this election, we'll definitely win it next one. But I really hope it doesn't come to that, because god damnit, this lot doesn't deserve to get their way if this is what it is and how they do it.

As a jewish person who volunteers for the Greens, I can totally see where they are coming from on this one and it isn't actually that unreasonable.

• Locked thread