Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the only advice anyone should take from deadtear is advice on trailer repair :madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

"I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago."

your grasp on language is slipping in your decrepitude :sigh:

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/yRuRZPgkFcg
Welcum to the thunderdome bithc

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

your grasp on language is slipping in your decrepitude :sigh:

I even put it in quotes to try and make it simpler for you to get that it was an allusion :unsmith:

Edit: also your derail is pretty much the poster boy for why trying to talk about Eve in the Eve thread is such a mistake. I did suggest in my post that I was silly to try, but I still hoped that I was wrong. People whine about everyone reading about Eve in other sites but attempts to just speak about stuff you do in Eve is, assuming that you're not a mod, doomed to be sidetracked as often as not.

Endie fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jun 20, 2016

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Endie posted:

I even put it in quotes to try and make it simpler for you to get that it was an allusion :unsmith:

I was under the impression that you've known him for many years now. How have you not learnt that arguing with him is pointless?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Dalael posted:

I was under the impression that you've known him for many years now. How have you not learnt that arguing with him is pointless?

Fair point, well made.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
it wasnt a derail, if anything your attempt to right things was a derail considering the previous oh my god shut up about angelique and her forums adventures or whatever it was

but if you want congratulations on bat actually playing and doing stuff, then congrats you receive

congrats on your thera deployment, endie and motley crew of refugees from EG, its good if you have fun :)

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

Endie posted:

Fair point, well made.

I used this term once around my girlfriend and now she won't stop saying it. What have I done...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The reason this thread exists is to make it the spillover of all the non chill things that happen in EVE. I've said it numerous times but after first coming to the MMOHMO and seeing EVE and having many goons explain it to me I realised that the game has so much unbelievable history to it. People who have been invested in factions and alliances for at least a decade.

Those kinds of things have baggage and venom. This thread is a necessity to give an outlet to those people who are against each other in the war. I try not to let it get too bad and do hand out what I believe appropriate sanctions.

There is a chill thread and you are more than welcome to post in there. Everyone understands that the chill thread has zero tolerance and you will be punished for breaking the chillness. Please take time to post and visit there occasionally. I know it doesn't get as much traffic as this one but that is the nature of emotion.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

VideoGames posted:

The reason this thread exists is to make it the spillover of all the non chill things that happen in EVE. I've said it numerous times but after first coming to the MMOHMO and seeing EVE and having many goons explain it to me I realised that the game has so much unbelievable history to it. People who have been invested in factions and alliances for at least a decade.

Those kinds of things have baggage and venom. This thread is a necessity to give an outlet to those people who are against each other in the war. I try not to let it get too bad and do hand out what I believe appropriate sanctions.

There is a chill thread and you are more than welcome to post in there. Everyone understands that the chill thread has zero tolerance and you will be punished for breaking the chillness. Please take time to post and visit there occasionally. I know it doesn't get as much traffic as this one but that is the nature of emotion.

So essentially this thread is now just the cesspit for people who play Eve but who want to be free to poo poo on anyone who talks about Eve? You should probably make that more clear that in the title and OP.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Endie posted:

So essentially this thread is now just the cesspit for people who play Eve but who want to be free to poo poo on anyone who talks about Eve? You should probably make that more clear that in the title and OP.

If that's what you took from my reply then OK.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

VideoGames posted:

If that's what you took from my reply then OK.

I think what Endie meant, is that you might not realize just how unchill this thread can become at times.
There are some people who go out of their way to rehash old pointless poo poo just because they thrive on petty conflict, possibly because they never graduated from kinder garden.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

MacPac posted:

Well see, this is balanced because

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Dalael posted:

I think what Endie meant, is that you might not realize just how unchill this thread can become at times.
There are some people who go out of their way to rehash old pointless poo poo just because they thrive on petty conflict, possibly because they never graduated from kinder garden.

:allears: tell us more.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Well see, this is balanced because
tbf fighters are getting nerfed massively in a week or so.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

nomad2020 posted:

:allears: tell us more.

Once upon a time, a bunch of kids started playing EVE. Thirteen years later, none of them grew up.
The end.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
You are correct Dalael. A lot of me not realising is down to the fact that I am only a two month old character when it comes to EVE. I really don't know the histories or alignments. I wouldn't be able to properly tell for certain who here belongs to which alliance for a large number of people.

I do see some back and forth posting occurring but if someone does insult you I am not going to step in and stop you from insulting back until it becomes pages of slap fighting. I want to be impartial and allow you to vent when needed. I am ok with us just having the chill thread if people think this isn't working too well. I want everyone's experience to be better and if that means only a zero tolerance thread then I will implement that. I'm not going to force my wants on the whole board.

Also please feel free to report things. I do read all the MmoHmo reports and if you send one and want a follow up then just pm me. I am here for you guys. If you have issues with bans or probations or rules or anything SA related that I could help to change then I want to know. I'm not an overlord.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

ullerrm posted:

Regarding bending of knees, Illum basically barely recognizes that HV exists. Which is a pity, as they'd have been really handy for some of the random poo poo we occasionally get to stick our nose in like the Bryce evictions.

Please invite us to more evictions, we haven't evicted anyone for at least a week and it's really hurting the metrics

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

LemonDrizzle posted:

tbf fighters are getting nerfed massively in a week or so.

They'll still own subcaps.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Dalael posted:

Once upon a time, a bunch of kids started playing EVE. Thirteen years later, none of them grew up.
The end.

I'm just lost trying to figure out how you think you come out on top of the rabble.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ullerrm posted:

Oh god shuuuuut up

Regarding bending of knees, Illum basically barely recognizes that HV exists. Which is a pity, as they'd have been really handy for some of the random poo poo we occasionally get to stick our nose in like the Bryce evictions.

(Still can't believe Gobbins is supporting that newbie-fucker.)

Nothing stopping the rest of illum hitting up dad klam about it. We'd be on it like a thing that is easily on another thing.

VideoGames posted:

You are correct Dalael. A lot of me not realising is down to the fact that I am only a two month old character when it comes to EVE. I really don't know the histories or alignments. I wouldn't be able to properly tell for certain who here belongs to which alliance for a large number of people.

I do see some back and forth posting occurring but if someone does insult you I am not going to step in and stop you from insulting back until it becomes pages of slap fighting. I want to be impartial and allow you to vent when needed. I am ok with us just having the chill thread if people think this isn't working too well. I want everyone's experience to be better and if that means only a zero tolerance thread then I will implement that. I'm not going to force my wants on the whole board.

Also please feel free to report things. I do read all the MmoHmo reports and if you send one and want a follow up then just pm me. I am here for you guys. If you have issues with bans or probations or rules or anything SA related that I could help to change then I want to know. I'm not an overlord.

You've read the EVE history book right? Ok now consider that that book would actually have to be a series of encyclopedias if you included all the angst and hate thrown back and forth by the various factions over the last 13 years. 13. YEARS.

The various transcripts pulled from COAD are not even 0.001% of the size of it. Consider that the shitflinging had its own dedicated website in Kugutsumen for many many years. In some ways the loss of that site was a tragedy because it served the useful purpose of segregating a lot of the poo poo that goes with EVE politics there.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 20, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Xolve posted:

They'll still own subcaps.
Sorta-kinda. Three squads of T2 dps fighters will apply 1-2k dps to a cruiser depending on its sig/speed, which is quite a bit but it's a lot more manageable than just getting hit with a single volley that knocks you into deep structure or kills you outright.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

nomad2020 posted:

I'm just lost trying to figure out how you think you come out on top of the rabble.

I'm sorry, did I give you this impression? I'm pretty sure I'm well known for being a bad poster who once in a while, likes to stir poo poo up.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Just happy to see you admit to being the problem. Carry on.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

nomad2020 posted:

Just happy to see you admit to being the problem. Carry on.

I'd say I'm a very small part of the problem, but I'm still part of the problem.
However, I'm glad I could bring some much needed joy in your life. I aim to please.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Carth Dookie posted:

You've read the EVE history book right? Ok now consider that that book would actually have to be a series of encyclopedias if you included all the angst and hate thrown back and forth by the various factions over the last 13 years. 13. YEARS.

The various transcripts pulled from COAD are not even 0.001% of the size of it. Consider that the shitflinging had its own dedicated website in Kugutsumen for many many years. In some ways the loss of that site was a tragedy because it served the useful purpose of segregating a lot of the poo poo that goes with EVE politics there.

I have yes. I loved it and found it fascinating! If there was a large repository I could read of all events then I would probably sit down with it and become absolutely engrossed. I'd also be in a much better place to judge things than the stumbling around here I currently do.

What I can tell you about the some of the posters in this thread (just off the top of my head) are as follows:

Deadtear was once in GSF and very high up. He isn't anymore and is one of our veterans.

Xolve plays for PL I believe. Is also one of our veterans.

Zephyrine used to be in GSF as a trusted mover of equipment and now plays for PL. Doing the same stuff I am not sure.

Kismesus is another currently active player. I think in SNIGG. He gave me a ton of advice in game which was seriously awesome.

Syndic Thrass is old school GSF and was once mocked a lot and now is accepted? (I get that feel from his posts/words and current attitudes).

Mysterious Thing is Xenuria GSF and he is not allowed to post in EVE threads.

Frozenpuzzy (I hate typing that name!) is an artistic goon who plays for the TDB guys and has a crazy rig going.

Dalael is a PL player (I think) and also loves Canadian politics.

Endie is the old school GSF thread maker/historian. Currently plays for BAT.

Many D names are disliked because they are from Reddit and only post here to gloat (I think - I am not sure.)

Carth Dookie distanced himself from the D names, while Paco Vato embraced them and a 30 day probation. Both of which I am unsure who they play for.

Ullerm is one of the most chill posters and knows all there is to know about ship fittings.

Avatarwin (Globby) and DisgracelandUSA (Boney) know the honourable ways of high sec mining in CODE.

Numismancer is Mittens, head of GSF.

Darius Johnson was once head of GSF and he currently has TDB instead.

There are many others I am sure my mind is forgetting and I apologise. I am phone posting because my work blocks HTTPS.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

VideoGames posted:

Dalael is a PL player

He wishes.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

VideoGames posted:

I have yes. I loved it and found it fascinating! If there was a large repository I could read of all events then I would probably sit down with it and become absolutely engrossed. I'd also be in a much better place to judge things than the stumbling around here I currently do.

What I can tell you about the some of the posters in this thread (just off the top of my head) are as follows:

Deadtear was once in GSF and very high up. He isn't anymore and is one of our veterans.

Zephyrine used to be in GSF as a trusted mover of equipment and now plays for PL. Doing the same stuff I am not sure.

Kismesus is another currently active player. I think in SNIGG. He gave me a ton of advice in game which was seriously awesome.

Syndic Thrass is old school GSF and was once mocked a lot and now is accepted? (I get that feel from his posts/words and current attitudes).

Frozenpuzzy (I hate typing that name!) is an artistic goon who plays for the TDB guys and has a crazy rig going.

Many D names are disliked because they are from Reddit and only post here to gloat (I think - I am not sure.)

Carth Dookie distanced himself from the D names, while Paco Vato embraced them and a 30 day probation. Both of which I am unsure who they play for.

Ullerm is one of the most chill posters and knows all there is to know about ship fittings.

Avatarwin (Globby) and DisgracelandUSA (Boney) know the honourable ways of high sec mining in CODE.

There are many others I am sure my mind is forgetting and I apologise. I am phone posting because my work blocks HTTPS.

I've never been in PL or horde. My entire time playing in EVE has either been as a high sec pubbie (first year or so) then a member of a now defunct pet alliance in The Imperium (Fatal Ascension), and now a goonswarm member.
But holy poo poo dude, you have got this figured out better than I do. Bravo!

Zephyrine posted:

He wishes.

Not really. I honestly don't believe I could survive in PL. Too much :effort: involved.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I'm sorta-kinda-maybe-whoops to blame for a lot of Eve political shitflinging, seeing as the first place to really "discuss politics" in the Great War and thereafter era was the SHC space politics subforum I set up as a refuge from the censorious CAOD regime.

Sorry everyone.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
VG has been paying attention. I must admit.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
im still in gsf but just as mod of the forums, nothing else

you can call frozenpussy elsa, he answers to it and he's very much in gsf

paco and cookie are both in gsf

syndic started playing when he was like 12 and now he's like 17 or something

kimsemus is in...shadow cartel i think, one of the lowsec guys

the d name people are despera, dadbuck, daruna, and dragonstalking; aside from despera they all showed up just as goonfleetswarm started to lose so they could Break The Something Awful Echo Chamber (repeat reddit talking points and copy/paste things back and forth for Sick Reddit Karma) despera is a guy who abandoned ship and puffed up really hard and posted really poorly while doing so

globby is in pl, boney is in gsf, both do highsec ganking, globby was in gsf then he wasnt cause he's a butthole and did bad things

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 20, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I should change my name. to Frozenpuzzy

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

What are the fighter changes?

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Elsa posted:

Seems like your name already got changed.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Elsa posted:

I like Elsa. It suits you.
Frozenpussy is a bitch to write. Too many letters plus seriously, when it comes to your drawing, people need to let it go.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

im still in gsf but just as mod of the forums, nothing else

in my imagination Deadtear is the grotesque fly-headed, eve-playing, mod-man-insect that would come from putting VideoGames and Kewpuh into two transporter booths at the same time and flipping the switch

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
is that a compliment? are you hitting on me?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

is that a compliment? are you hitting on me?

maybe a little :wink:

the old eve threads would have been interesting if kewpuh had played while still stomping around when things got out of hand

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

As a poster from the mil hist and ancient history threads, I feel the need to add:

Dalael: Thinks Atlantis is in Bolivia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

MacPac posted:

Honestly, I don't have a problem with this. The fighters have 10 missile salvos and then the carrier has to warp to the gate and recall the fighters then sit there for 30 seconds or more while they're refueled and stuff. The fighter MWD is only good for about 200km at 10km/s then they're slowboating for a minute+. People are just mad that a carrier can finally live up to its name.

e. name being Force Projection. Just like IRL carriers.

• Locked thread