Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/feature/star-citizen-and-the-fleet-of-folly,421017

[...]

Cattax

Daztek fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Nice picture of the Retaliator space bomber, a crew of 6 fearlessly defending Humanity with 5 escape pods onboard.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

article posted:

Then sexy ships that I didn’t need started coming along.

has this guy been seeing the same jpegs ive been seeing orrrr

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

In unrelated news, the $4,000,000 two-years-late Kickstarter game Mighty Number 9, made by a disgraced developer playing on nerd nostalgia for a dead genre and series who overstates his past development credentials and worked mainly as a producer for many years, is finally being released to lukewarm reviews and lacking many of its promised features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEqWCH_4srU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

You can tell the price went up for all the lurking bitcoin whales surfacing recently.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Kavak posted:

In unrelated news, the $4,000,000 two-years-late Kickstarter game Mighty Number 9, made by a disgraced developer playing on nerd nostalgia for a dead genre and series who overstates his past development credentials and worked mainly as a producer for many years, is finally being released to lukewarm reviews and lacking many of its promised features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEqWCH_4srU

Romero/Carmack, please take notice.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Erenthal posted:

Star Citizens: Even they are not dumb enough to fall for bitcoins.

Bitcoin will remain the superior investment until drug dealers start taking Banu Merchantman jpegs.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A citizen who woke from a fever dream of endless ship buying binges posted:

It’s been two years since I bought anything in Star Citizen. I have eight mighty vessels in my hangar, though it’s been a long time since I walked around them at 20fps having a perve. I read about more movie stars filming cut scenes for the standalone game Squadron 42, that few Star Citizens actually seem to care about, and I wonder when I can sail the voids of deep space. I’ve been pondering selling my account and starting from scratch with a single lovely ship and actually earning a new fleet within the game – you know – the beautiful idea most of us got hooked into in the first place for.

Have I got a game for you, friend!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 20, 2016

Deedrix
Jun 6, 2016

"Give me money and I'll give you shit in return."
CIG ToS

Not to sound like a dork but back in the day a few million in games like RuneScape made you wealthy. Now if you have anything short of a few stacks of 2.147 billion gp (max stack allowed for any given item due to code) you're a filthy commoner. What this guy is saying makes sense and should be noted. Although since his statement is only remotely negative his whole argument is deemed invalid according to the whales.

Deedrix
Jun 6, 2016

CIG ToS

Is that thing a tran?

Deedrix
Jun 6, 2016

CIG ToS
Btw here is some footage of some guy who got ahold of a leaked version of Skyrim special edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFMCqRkuAA

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Deedrix posted:

Is that thing a tran?

:yikes: consider :gb2 :reddit: :

TL;DR: :lurkmore: or :frogout:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 20, 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Deedrix posted:

Is that thing a tran?

Jup. Somebody posted here that she had surgery to get a female voice

Expected result:
Have a voice like a woman

Actual result:
Voice like poo poo

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Deedrix posted:

Is that thing a tran?

What thing?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Deedrix posted:

Is that thing a tran?

No.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Why are so many Citizens shitheads?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

GAMESPOT: Star Citizen 2.4 Screenshots - Bow to the future GFX king!

Star Citizen fan tries to start a hype train; gets derailed.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 20, 2016

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

tuo posted:

Jup. Somebody posted here that she had surgery to get a female voice

Expected result:
Have a voice like a woman

Actual result:
Voice like poo poo
Bens still way more offputting

Deedrix
Jun 6, 2016

CIG ToS

No?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

No.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

SurfaceDetail posted:

Bens still way more offputting

That's true. Actually, I think the only thing really strange about Nichole D'Angelo is the voice because it is obviously "off" and not fitting to the actual state of her gender change (or however you put that politicaly correct), and somebody here explained that she had surgery and it is supposed to get better over time.

I don't think that chance exists for Ben ;)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Deedrix posted:

Is that thing a tran?

gently caress you shitwit

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: Deedrix Deedrix DEEDRIX :siren:

I sincerely advise you to "take a walk" around the other areas of the forum to get an idea of where you stepped into or your stay here will be short and messy. Not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, just giving you a heads up. It's a trivial event to get yourself involved in a vicious circle of poo poo for saying something dumb and not being able to extricate yourself.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

I sincerely advise you to "take a walk" around the other areas of the forum to get an idea of where you stepped into or your stay here will be short and messy. Not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, just giving you a heads up. It's a trivial event to get yourself involved in a vicious circle of poo poo for saying something dumb and not being able to extricate yourself.

I'll echo this and also add "don't come back".

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Pretend you're going to take a dump and let things cool down.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Welcome friends please wipe the reddit off your shoes before logging in

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

MeLKoR posted:

Yea this is no joke in the top 5 trans gaming websites on the internet. Theyll end you. There was even a poster who got a couple people probed for using tranny in the car forum

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Welcome friends please wipe the reddit off your shoes before logging in

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is 'the game' out yet? I took a huge poo poo and need to know if it was it or not.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Paladinus posted:

Is 'the game' out yet? I took a huge poo poo and need to know if it was it or not.

Yeah it's out. It's it! There the turd in your toilet!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Everything she describes at the 4:10 mark is fictive.

Pirate ship attacks where you and your crew launch up to 14 Dragonflies from your Caterpillar, swarming another ship en masse so you can steal their loot, then turn around and sell it on Nyx?

We know you love the game and all (and that's fine) but please describe it as it is, not as you dream it will be one day.

Even when the Dragonflies and Caterpillar's eventually get added to the game, there's no loot. There's no Nyx. There's no selling the former to the latter. There aren't likely to be stable instances to support the player counts implied.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Yeah it's out. It's it! There the turd in your toilet!

Open development

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

AP posted:

I'll echo this and also add "don't come back".

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

There aren't likely to be stable instances to support the player counts implied.

Well, 1 guy on the Cat, 14 guys on the spergcycles and B'Tak alone in his freigher. That's a nice round 16.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
AP have you seen a way to replicate that bug where you're just naked in space and all your appendages are deforming and contorting?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

thatguy posted:

AP have you seen a way to replicate that bug where you're just naked in space and all your appendages are deforming and contorting?

Sounds stimpirific.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

thatguy posted:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch the game.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AP posted:

Nice picture of the Retaliator space bomber, a crew of 6 fearlessly defending Humanity with 5 escape pods onboard.

sperg captain needs to go down with his autistic chariot

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
I've highlighted my all time favourite:

AP posted:

EXPECTED RESULT

I expect that the game doesent need Lightyears of loading till i get on crusader.
No intermittency: Reliable keybind functionality
Should not die from that I believe
Ammo should load with the weapon or should be reloadable at CryAstro... Neither is the case!
No clipping
Sights should stay persistent
Smooth and beautiful textures...
My 300i should have weapons
you should collide with the walls and be kept within certain areas of the ship.
both weapon mounts should have a gun attached
just launch 1 Countermeasure
Having audio on SC.
after death by exit the freelancer sidedoor in space and respawn i cant see my avatar (1st and 3rd person, flight suit or civilian clothes). and i can glitch through doors and no jetpack in space
well it shouldn't freeze, able to select my item and change to different item, and continue playing the game
Fun smooth FPS gameplay and a dead pirate.
The screen should not have gone black.
play ac match to the end
All of the cockpit should be shown
The fire from the canard turret weapons should be directed towards the reticle
Still be able to use stations/doors/elevators while the ship is moving.
I'd expect that the door should be attached properly.
since you own your ship, this should not trigger an outlaw status.
you should just normally get out of your ship.
I should be seeing the armor I bought properly
It shouldn't say landing complete because the ship is already landed :P That probably has to do with the floating / aurora can't land bug and thats why you get this message.
sitting in seat
Once in the ship, I should be able to manually trigger the door closing. anytime I free the interact near the doors while in the ship just makes me climb down the ladder.
Should force crouch or prevent character standing on bed from clipping through ship and being jettisoned from the ship.
Not being ejected from ship (Freelancer) while manning a turret during combat. However, in the event of being ejected and then EVA'ng around, not being a statue under artificial gravity, but being able to move as normal. In the event all of that fails, being able to suicide and respawn.
Being able to turn comm relay on whether pirates were alive or dead and whether they were dead at my hands or others.
I expect to be able to hear sound in game with a headset.
Sniper rifle with scope; pistol with iron sights
Size 2 missiles should lock on and fire.
Text should be readable.
Game continues
weapons should cool down
Successful Quantum Travel
Can i get THE RELIANT KORE - MINI HAULER?
To see a door.
It should be possible to get back to the main menu from the Defeat Screen using [ESC]. It should not be mandatory to load into another round of alien swarm just to get back to the main menu.
Weapon should already have ammo installed when equipped
Should not have been happen to phase/glitch/run through the door.
should work.
TO GET AMMO
Be able to get into the game.
don't get a Crimestat
Respawn without a model bug!
Nothing should happen.
Both hands should be holding the weapon.
I expected to see the launcher download its updates.
dont know how to reproduce but i have no EVA vest. i have Relogged comitted suicide and tried on other suits says i have it equipped. when i go into space i survive but have no control
The dot or crosshair should not dissapear
The Finger should not be as long as seen on the screenshot.
Expect guns for ship to have ammunition when ship spawns.
I expected the missile launchers to deploy at least once I lock missiles or when I am in combat mode.
Pirates die.
All Tarantulas should have ammo and be able to reload ammo.
The room to be normal
nothing not possible to press botton
I should see the whole Gemini radar, being its pilot.
Voice states 'is off' when you switch a system off, and 'is on' when you switch it back on. And ideally, she would state the system she's talking about too.
No landing gear message at all.
Looking at the Hornet with quad racks equipped - they should be visible under the ship model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Look out here comes my development lol

• Locked thread