Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Do you guys think Ben is more hurt by us calling him fat or by saying how bad he is at his job and how recently his entire life has been dedicated to promoting a scam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

thatguy posted:

Do you guys think Ben is more hurt by us calling him fat or by saying how bad he is at his job and how recently his entire life has been dedicated to promoting a scam?

I dunno. He did both of those things to himself so...I'd give it a 50/50 chance.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Has the CiG sponsored transphobic derail stopped yet ?

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Oh hey guys, what's u- :cripes:

What the gently caress, when did this turn into :reddit:?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

thatguy posted:

I don't think Ben is hurt by anything at all we, or anyone else, says. I think what's hurting him right now is the extraordinarily slow, drawn-out enlightenment he's finding himself on the cusp of. His comment about COD:IW blew me away - I didn't think he had the ability to see, rationally, that SC is failing - but his comment indicated exactly that. The thrust of his comment was actually just wistful thinking that if Wing Commander had remained a popular IP over the decades, then today, Infinite Warfare is what it might have resembled. What he didn't say is what I heard the loudest: that Star Citizen is not.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Some dudes like taking it up the pooper, I heard it on reddit

what does God think about all this

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

thatguy posted:

Ben Lesnick is morbidly obese.

Ben will die. And we'll make a fitting memorial for him.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Danakir posted:

Oh hey guys, what's u- :cripes:

What the gently caress, when did this turn into :reddit:?

Theres more of these posts than "problematic" ones. Like twice as many. Let it go

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

SurfaceDetail posted:

Theres more of these posts than "problematic" ones. Like twice as many. Let it go

:agreed:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

spacetoaster posted:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Rhubarb94 posted:

Has the CiG sponsored transphobic derail stopped yet ?

About every 4th time I link one of her videos it happens. It's always amazing to me.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

About every 4th time I link one of her videos it happens. It's always amazing to me.
I got a new avatar out of one of them, it was a great day.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Congrats pgabz, you just received confirmation that CIG still hasn't changed their internal CS system and continue to link external information to CIG accounts.

HotsauceShoTYME
Feb 5, 2016

G0RF posted:

GAMESPOT: Star Citizen 2.4 Screenshots - Bow to the future GFX king!

Star Citizen fan tries to start a hype train; gets derailed.

LOL So much fail in there.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Outside of what it says about Ben or his fat content, those donuts look loving disgusting.

I've lost 44 pounds so far and it's amazing the food that now looks inedible to me. Anything outside of a Bavarian creme donut just makes my teeth hurt to look at it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ben Lesnick, Developer.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Palisader posted:

... makes my teeth hurt to look at it.

Exactly what I thought when I saw that donut plate.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

GAMESPOT: Star Citizen 2.4 Screenshots - Bow to the future GFX king!

Star Citizen fan tries to start a hype train; gets derailed.

"I'm getting a Mass Effect vibe here."

I wonder why.

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

Lladre posted:

Every time I see someone's copy of a ticket it's always from "Amy". I am thinking Amy is the only Customer Rep they have. With Ray as her manager.

Copy and loving paste Amy....clueless regarding actual TOS details, but has mad copy/paste skillz. I don't even get answered anymore...just get sent back copy/paste crap.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"I'm getting a Mass Effect vibe trace here."

I wonder why.

Fixed :colbert:

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"I'm getting a Mass Effect vibe here."

I wonder why.

I don't know why....

One will be released this decade....the other.....

.....will not.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Palisader posted:

Outside of what it says about Ben or his fat content, those donuts look loving disgusting.

I've lost 44 pounds so far and it's amazing the food that now looks inedible to me. Anything outside of a Bavarian creme donut just makes my teeth hurt to look at it.

I'll admit jealousy here. I also lost 45 pounds, and food like that is what put it there to begin with. I'm as tempted by those as I've ever been - there was a time, not long ago, I would have eaten every loving donut in that picture, and that would have been my day's intake. I was hoping that the old foods would being to look disgusting to me, but it never happened. Of course at my job a day doesn't go by without Munchkins, donuts, loving cinnamon rolls you can smell a mile away, etc. and I gotta just ball up my fists and fight through it. I probably burn more calories resisting the urge than anything else. Misery keeps you thin.

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

Jesus...is she trying to kill him for his life insurance? she is loving Lando isn't she? for reals?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Scruffpuff posted:

I'll admit jealousy here. I also lost 45 pounds, and food like that is what put it there to begin with. I'm as tempted by those as I've ever been - there was a time, not long ago, I would have eaten every loving donut in that picture, and that would have been my day's intake. I was hoping that the old foods would being to look disgusting to me, but it never happened. Of course at my job a day doesn't go by without Munchkins, donuts, loving cinnamon rolls you can smell a mile away, etc. and I gotta just ball up my fists and fight through it. I probably burn more calories resisting the urge than anything else. Misery keeps you thin.

My office is like that as well. Owner thinks he's being nice buy bringing Entemans in every day.
Most of it get's eaten by the warehouse crew and they are mostly thin guys from the constant moving around all day.

My weakness was good bread and a nice cheese. No one ever brings those into the office.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

So Derek sent a tweet today referencing this article:

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/feature/the-star-citizen-honeymoon-is-over,413944

and in the leading disclaimer, I read this gem:

quote:

I stand by most of my crtiticisms of the game design process, and of course, personal feelings about ship design, but the important thing to bear in mind is that since writing this RSI has demonstrated an ability to release good playable content (Alpha 2.1), and surprise us with unexpected innovations (seamless planetary transitions).

Wait, what? Their pre-alpha tech demo is NOT, in any way, shape, or form, "good playable content". In fact, all three of those words have to go. Furthermore - "seamless planetary transitions?" Motherfucker, do you mean from that fake gameplay trailer built to compete specifically with Elite's release of actual seamless planetary transitions, when there is no such feature in the game? They don't have a single planet, much less the transitions. They don't even have ships that fly properly. It's still one space port, a couple of destinations where you can flip a switch, janky flight, janky FPS, infinite crashes and bugs in a nearly non-functional tech demo environment, and space underwear.

The only software that works at CIG is the billing software.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

quote:

...unexpected innovations (seamless planetary transitions)

Elite 2

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

I happen to think batgirl is the stupidest of shitheads. And if people can make fun of Sandi's turkey neck I don't see why everyone has a freak out for making fun of batgirl's crappy voice.

Because trans people have a disturbingly high rate of suicide usually related to gender dysphoria so pointing out that someone's voice doesn't sound right when they're trapped in a constant reminder of aforementioned dysphoria is a teeny bit more lovely.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This is the most amphibious game ever.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

I won't lie, salty food is my weakness. I try to eat jerky when I crave doritos ( only slightly better, but the protein is good because I'm breastfeeding) but

Lladre posted:

My weakness was good bread and a nice cheese.

God yes. Some Havarti on a nice bruschetta? That's my jam.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Weapons grade idiocy

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Fake edit: and fresh avocados. I make some baked tilapia? Put some avocado on that poo poo. A nice cold cut sandwich? Only complete with some avocado. A homemade quesadilla? You get the picture.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Comments on that Kotaku article are a clusterfuck. Despite the article not mentioning the word a bunch of the comments are banging on about it not being a scam. If you have to defend a thing by talking about how it's not a scam even when no one says it is, that's a warning sign.

Sneakums
Nov 27, 2007
MAXIMUM.SNEAK.
Thought I'd post some quality community created content like I regularly do in the discord chat:

1) Fighting the Starfarer in Star Citizen alpha 2.4 (feat. random zooms, speedups and clipping errors)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd18JSAK8ZQ

2) Star citizen rips off popular sci-fi even when it glitches out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY9HYhhTGBc

3) Turning: the videogame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtrx6O0Bfpg

4) what the gently caress man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DLU4nw0h3w

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Has anyone said Shart Citizens or Shitizen recently?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Palisader posted:

I won't lie, salty food is my weakness. I try to eat jerky when I crave doritos ( only slightly better, but the protein is good because I'm breastfeeding) but

I hate everything sweet and love everything salty (my defintion of a pizza is many, many anchovies with whatever is needed under them so they don't fall to the floor). Strangely, the only time I like sweet flavour is when I BBQ. Spare Ribs with a nice cherry rub, smoked for two hours, then simmered in butter, brown sugar, maple sirup and borboun for another two hours. Finally glazed for another 30 minutes with a mix of apple juice and your favourite style BBQ sauce. It's unhealthy as gently caress, but once a year I can't stop myself from cooking it for the family.

But apart from that, I lost any interest in sweet flavour when I had to loose weight couple of years ago. To the point that such a donut plate nearly makes me sick. Then again, I wasn't a sucker for sweets before.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

No, partly because I haven't posted yet today. Hello all - good morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

store citizen

• Locked thread