Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
At this point I am seriously expecting something to go wrong with them sending the codes requiring an additional week for them to send them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Black Mage Knight posted:

At this point I am seriously expecting something to go wrong with them sending the codes requiring an additional week for them to send them.

I expect them to use Humble Bundle again for code distribution.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Hypothetical question:

Your game hit Kickstarter almost three years ago. You shipped the game almost a year and a half ago. Your game also had physical rewards which haven't been processed yet.

Do you even bother anymore?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

monster on a stick posted:

Hypothetical question:

Your game hit Kickstarter almost three years ago. You shipped the game almost a year and a half ago. Your game also had physical rewards which haven't been processed yet.

Do you even bother anymore?

Yes, since at bare minimum you may want to use Kickstarter again in the future.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

HGH posted:

Perhaps they fear early footage from backers? Or can you NDA that?

Footage of (a not-quite-final build of) the entire game has been online for well over six months and noone cares.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 20, 2016

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Prerelease reviewer copies are already out, I believe.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Prerelease reviewer copies are already out, I believe.

Jim Sterling has an impressions video of it up.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
First reviews are coming in.

Jimquisition Review posted:

Mighty No. 9 feels like a cheap Mega Man clone from a man afraid to stray too far from his best known creation while fearing accusations of sticking too close to what he was best at.

It feels cheaply presented, frustrating to play, and devoid of definitive direction.

4/10

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My mind automatically read it like :mediocre:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I want the Bloodstained demo to come out soon.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Fumaofthelake posted:

What's the over-under on Mighty Number 9 somehow getting delayed again before Tuesday?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over%E2%80%93under

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I think you need to explain why you think he's wrong, because he was asking what the odds of them being delayed again are

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Over under is like "Over under on Inafune having spent a million dollars of kickstarter money on building his MN9 media empire" where you say over if you think he spent more and under if you think he spent less. It's not equivalent to "what are the odds of"

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

What about asking for the over-under on the release date where over is delayed and under is on-time/early? :v:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Can't wait for someone to post Let Me Google That For You

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Remember when the Mighty No. 9 kickstarter happened and people were overjoyed that Keiji Inafune was sticking it to the evil Capcom which was restricting his vision?

Remember when the fandom around MN9 was so absurdly high and sycophantic that people pretended that secondary crowdfunding campaign was fair or justifiable, or the anime kickstarter, or the Red Ash kickstarter were reasonable?

I'm trying to think of a single creator who so thoroughly and completely pissed away and hosed over their goodwill in such a short length of time and I'm coming up short. The closest two I could think of is Peter Molyneaux and Tim Schafer, but with the former the Godus stuff was really just proving what everyone already knew for over a decade - that Molyneaux is a loving scam artist - and with the latter Spacebase DF-9 was a blip on the radar, and Schafer's emerged from it relatively unscathed despite that.

But yeah, Inafune went from the crowd and fans totally and completely behind him to persona non grata amongst the general public. It's really quite impressive.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

or the anime kickstarter, or the Red Ash kickstarter were reasonable?

I don't remember this one at all. If anything I'd say the majority response to Red Ash was "hahaha, loving seriously?" It was on a trend to failing its funding even before they pulled the rug out from it entirely.

Regardless, Inafune is working on multiple projects and has Recore coming out later this year which actually is pretty fun so I think he'll recover. He won't succeed at another Kickstarter tho'.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Toxxupation posted:

and Schafer's emerged from it relatively unscathed despite that.

Without wanting to trigger you, I don't think that's necessarily true.

Certainly his momentum has slowed considerably.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

I'm trying to think of a single creator who so thoroughly and completely pissed away and hosed over their goodwill in such a short length of time and I'm coming up short.

i think john romero is still the esteemed winner of that category

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Hav posted:

Without wanting to trigger you, I don't think that's necessarily true.

Did you get Mr. Underhill and Toxx mixed up?

ImpAtom posted:

I don't remember this one at all. If anything I'd say the majority response to Red Ash was "hahaha, loving seriously?" It was on a trend to failing its funding even before they pulled the rug out from it entirely.

Yeah people were kinda willing to defend the MN9 cartoon at the time (it uses someone else's funds, etc.), but Red Ash got non stop bad press until they stopped trying.

mycot fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 20, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Inafune wasn't even a programmer iirc. He was a character designer so have MN9 play poorly isn't necessarily all on him, but it looking like utter garbage is

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Xelkelvos posted:

Inafune wasn't even a programmer iirc. He was a character designer so have MN9 play poorly isn't necessarily all on him, but it looking like utter garbage is

It's so distracting when the game uses art stills (for cut scenes, dialogue portraits, etc.) because they're so much better looking than the game itself. I haven't seen that level of disconnect since, like, SUDA51 games?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Here is episode 1 of the MN9 dev documentary since I didn't see anyone else post it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri4bV3Z186Q

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

Here is episode 1 of the MN9 dev documentary since I didn't see anyone else post it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri4bV3Z186Q

this is really cool but also kind of sad to watch knowing that the game isn't great

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Xelkelvos posted:

He also didn't actually design megaman which a lot of people place in his lap. I think he came onto the project later but it was never his baby or even idea. It's hilarious how far he's gotten as the megaman guy despite not doing any of the things people credit him for.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Toxxupation posted:

Remember when the Mighty No. 9 kickstarter happened and people were overjoyed that Keiji Inafune was sticking it to the evil Capcom which was restricting his vision?

Remember when the fandom around MN9 was so absurdly high and sycophantic that people pretended that secondary crowdfunding campaign was fair or justifiable, or the anime kickstarter, or the Red Ash kickstarter were reasonable?

I'm trying to think of a single creator who so thoroughly and completely pissed away and hosed over their goodwill in such a short length of time and I'm coming up short. The closest two I could think of is Peter Molyneaux and Tim Schafer, but with the former the Godus stuff was really just proving what everyone already knew for over a decade - that Molyneaux is a loving scam artist - and with the latter Spacebase DF-9 was a blip on the radar, and Schafer's emerged from it relatively unscathed despite that.

But yeah, Inafune went from the crowd and fans totally and completely behind him to persona non grata amongst the general public. It's really quite impressive.

Chris Roberts

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

fishmech posted:

There's also the aptly named "FPS Maker" engine which is even simpler, and is, well, the RPG Maker of FPSes.

Man you can atleast make actual good games with RPG Maker. FPS Creator is a pile of garbage that BARELY works. It's a cash grab product at it's core and just sells on it's name. (what little it sells anyway)

AnonSpore posted:

Chris Roberts

What's even happening with Money Wasting Simulator anyway? I haven't seen folks talking about it in a good while.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 20, 2016

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
there's an entire subforum about it, dude

it's still going

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Colon Semicolon posted:

What's even happening with Money Wasting Simulator anyway? I haven't seen folks talking about it in a good while.

It's coming out next month and Goons have done a 180 on it. It's a fabulous game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordja posted:

It's coming out next month and Goons have done a 180 on it. It's a fabulous game.

I don't even know if you're joking.

Edit: I am, however, assuming you are because otherwise the Apocalypse is this month and I had plans.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
If nothing else, I'll be getting a really cool Manami Matsumae soundtrack out of that horrible Kickstarter. Otherwise, I threw away $40 for a game I'm never going to play otherwise, but it's alright. That's the risk with KS. It's crazy because I really admired Infaune... But not now.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Suspicious Dish posted:

there's an entire subforum about it, dude

it's still going

I've been completely oblivious to this ok I only just a few hours ago remembered that star Citizen exists

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Toxxupation posted:

Give Kojima some time.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

exploding mummy posted:

Give Kojima some time.

How much time!?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The fact that people love Capcom again now that they're releasing games people actually want to buy proves that there's no such thing as a permanently damaged reputation in the games industry. I'm sure in a year or two George Broussard will make some kind of comeback.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I will not hear anyone speak ill of Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2016 Starring Norman Reedus

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Please do not speak to Norman Reedus and his oil-drenched son ever again.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

People seem pretty high on the new Resident Evil announcement but boy did Capcom gently caress up Street Fighter 5 real bad. They gave up on their f2p currency because they couldn't get the store to work right after like 3 months and tons of promised content has been delayed multiple times without particularly good communication.

Also I don't see how you could be that disappointed by Kojima other than maybe as a product of marketing. If you see Norman Reedus' Nude Apocalypse in stores with a big sticker that says "From the Creator of Metal Gear Solid V" then maybe.

Sorry, I planned to spend the last 14 months playing MN9 but instead I've just been posting in this thread.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

The fact that people love Capcom again now that they're releasing games people actually want to buy proves that there's no such thing as a permanently damaged reputation in the games industry. I'm sure in a year or two George Broussard will make some kind of comeback.

Street Fighter V is terrible and nobody wants to buy it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

Street Fighter V is terrible and nobody wants to buy it though

The fighting was fine but basically everything else sucked and the install base is garbage because they messed it up so bad.