Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

ok, I mean, I don't know about that, but the game that this thread is about?

it's bad.

u have a literal mental disorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the only correct diagnosis in this thread is that overwatch is bad

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

proof of concept posted:

the only correct diagnosis in this thread is that overwatch is bad

and yet, now hear me out, what if ... it's actually...

good?

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I reckon these guys who keep saying its bad didn't ought to show their faces round here any more, if they know what's good for them.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
From what I've seen / played, its typical blizzard fare, in that its not actually good, but you'll have fun playing it all the same. Like in the same way that your favourite fast food place isn't 'good' food, that's not going to stop you going there and enjoying it.

Like, world of warcraft was an utterly poo poo game. You could complete all the tasks you were set without understanding anything about the mechanics of the game, or even knowing that there were buttons beyond right click. But it was still quite fun for a while. This is pretty much the same. People have said it before, but what you do in the game doesn't really determine who wins or who loses. The ebb and flow of the game, the taking part is the part that matters. And, that part is kinda cool.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Played the last open beta, didn't buy the game.
Trying to decide what game to play/buy. Probably still will not buy Overwatch, but maybe.
I'm feeling ambiguous.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

vug posted:

I reckon these guys who keep saying its bad didn't ought to show their faces round here any more, if they know what's good for them.

I know what's good for me, and I know what's bad. And let me tell you, this game is bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

!Klams posted:

Like, world of warcraft was an utterly poo poo game. You could complete all the tasks you were set without understanding anything about the mechanics of the game, or even knowing that there were buttons beyond right click. But it was still quite fun for a while. This is pretty much the same. People have said it before, but what you do in the game doesn't really determine who wins or who loses. The ebb and flow of the game, the taking part is the part that matters. And, that part is kinda cool.

Does not compute. Being a dumb sniper who gets 0 eliminations versus being a healer that keeps your front line alive does not determine who wins or loses?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Does not compute. Being a dumb sniper who gets 0 eliminations versus being a healer that keeps your front line alive does not determine who wins or loses?

Sounds like a bad game to me.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

!Klams posted:

Like, world of warcraft was an utterly poo poo game. You could complete all the tasks you were set without understanding anything about the mechanics of the game, or even knowing that there were buttons beyond right click. But it was still quite fun for a while. This is pretty much the same.
To be fair, WoW was faceroll easy because everything else at the time was way too punishing. There is a happy medium now but they had to forge the way for it by pushing that bar way back.

Not to mention all the mechanics of other games that were bad or just plain broken which we've long since forgotten because WoW made them irrelevant.

There's not as much broken about shooters as there was about MMOs or CCGs so there's not really much room for Overwatch to be anything but a casual game for casual's sake. Reduced intimidation but that's about all you get. Still there are plenty of people who just want that laid back style, and nobody needs the vomit that happens when you don't pare it back and get some poo poo like Battleborn

In other words, it's a bad game

Also it's good

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
dis game good or nah?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Rufus T. Turnbuckle posted:

dis game good or nah?

nah

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

dis game good or nah?

yeah its fun and is pretty well made so its good

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

i don't think so, tim

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
bad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

dont sign your posts

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
extremely cool and good game

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i think your opinion reflects badly on you, if you think overwatch is a bad game.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

dis game good or nah?
Yes and yes

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

!Klams posted:

From what I've seen / played, its typical blizzard fare, in that its not actually good, but you'll have fun playing it all the same. Like in the same way that your favourite fast food place isn't 'good' food, that's not going to stop you going there and enjoying it.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol I dont think you've played enough cause this is just not true, even if it were a bad game... its just not true.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
im gonna bandwagon and be ironic and say that it is bad as to without explaining why

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
what i mean is that

it is bad

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait a second, I'm not sure I can agree with someone who paid money dollars to change their avatar to an Overwatch waifu

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

what i mean is that

it is bad

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

overwatch is bad, but also good. it is schrodingers videogame, you wont know until you either get gibralter or kings row

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Hustlin Floh posted:

Wait a second, I'm not sure I can agree with someone who paid money dollars to change their avatar to an Overwatch waifu

u make no lick of sense

idk what an overwatch

or what the h*ck a wiafu is

but its bad

thats all u need 2 kno

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

overwatch is bad, but also good. it is schrodingers videogame, you wont know until you either get gibralter or kings row

HANAMURA
__DEFENSE

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
the game...

...it's good

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

rezatahs posted:

the game...

...it's good

:zenpop:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

this emote?

real bad

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Protagonist posted:

this emote?

real bad

:dva:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
can anyone confirm if this is a Bad Game tm????

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

it is bad, but like michael jackson's bad, which means extremely good.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

it is bad, but like michael jackson's bad, which means extremely good.

so, pedofiles made this game kinda like MJ's music is bad but extremely good, which was made by a pedo?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

can anyone confirm if this is a Bad Game tm????

Can confirm: bad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

game is fun (almost solely due to match length) but most character design/all lore/most maps are poo poo.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nah, it's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

show us on the doll where overwatch touched you

• Locked thread