Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Eventually Lewandowski will find out that the consultant class of the GOP is already blacklisting anyone who has supported Trump's campaign. Then he'll realize he has nothing to lose and the stories will flow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/744961129491816450

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Al! posted:

That's fine I just fuckin hate that aphorism
I think controlling the news cycle and "all publicity is good publicity" are not always interchangeable. I'm curious if this is a distraction from the FEC report set to be released today.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trump threatened corey's family

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Mayor Dave posted:

as much as they hate trump, i guarantee you that they hate hillary even more, there's a small possibility of johnson splitting off votes but id bet on utah and idaho staying red

okay for some reason in the post i quoted i thought he said thumbs up, that was what i was "but"ing to, not the utah/idaho staying red part, my bad

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

I think controlling the news cycle and "all publicity is good publicity" are not always interchangeable. I'm curious if this is a distraction from the FEC report set to be released today.

but it's not like the report expires in 24 hours, once this dumpster fire dies out another shall take its place

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

MysteriousStranger posted:

He says 200k a year in income is "middle class"

Bit tangential, but he's right, that's upper middle class. Americans just have a warped idea, where being a wealthy member of the middle class is somehow impossible, and everybody with any sort of income is middle class for whatever reason. Maybe aversion to the phrase working class is some long term effect of the red scare or something, I don't know.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Karl Sharks posted:

but it's not like the report expires in 24 hours, once this dumpster fire dies out another shall take its place
And it will probably be something else besides the FEC report, which will be old news by that point.

edit: maybe Trump will learn to ride a unicycle

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Grey Fox posted:

Good point. However I do remember reading something recently (npr? Here?) where someone mentioned that they might vote for trump unless they see him on TV that day because they always forget about how terrible he is

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Epic High Five posted:

Guns are a talisman against evil

Merely having one means everything will work out great because you're an amazing hero

It's true. When an American purchases his first gun this song starts playing in the background:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

Montasque posted:

This news is terrible for those of us who enjoyed pure strain gonzo Trump.

Maybe not... I guess we have to wait and see how much power Manafort actually has...

I'm picturing the scene with King Kong on stage in shackles. The media will upset him and there will be a rampage, mark my words.

Mirthless posted:

hahahahaha Ivanka's husband is the puppetmaster behind the scenes

oh my god this can't be more perfect

Would him being on record donating over $100,000 to the Democratic party help?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I don't think there's any contradiction in saying:

A: Clinton will do better in Utah than any Democrat has in a generation.

and

B. Utah won't be close at all.

The best any Democrat has done in Utah in recent memory is Obama's 34% there in 2008. I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton is in the upper 30s there. I could see something like Trump 55, Clinton 37, Johnson 8 as a realistic Utah result.

The last time the Dems did better than Obama's 34% was 1968...when they got 37%. Utah's been very Republican for a long time.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Bryter posted:

Bit tangential, but he's right, that's upper middle class. Americans just have a warped idea, where being a wealthy member of the middle class is somehow impossible, and everybody with any sort of income is middle class for whatever reason. Maybe aversion to the phrase working class is some long term effect of the red scare or something, I don't know.

I'm not saying that he's not right! My point was more that "lovely Biden policies" are actually "the purpose of the entire Democratic party" right now. And if you aren't in a household pulling in six figures in a blue state with a predatory industry... voting D is just voting to put your carcass on Wall Street or Amazons table so they can suck the blood from your corpse, rather than Wallmart and Big Coal sucking your blood. And you're a loving idiot if you think you're going to get anything from them other than more pain so those of us in those cushy jobs can keep living nice.

There are no lovely Biden policies, just like there are no lovely neoliberal policies. That's called Democratic policy, if you don't like it get the gently caress out of the party.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Bryter posted:

I think part of the problem is because in America "working class" carries a cultural connotation of blue-collar work. But of course over the last three decades (+/- a few years) we've seen a huge transformation in jobs, a huge shift away from blue-collar work to white-collar work. Thanks to the cultural baggage it's hard for a wage slave to think of himself as "working class" because, after all, he's working at a computer in an air-conditioned office!! And he's making just as much money as his middle-class dad did 40 years ago!!

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/jyarow/status/744967537864118273

quote:

Perhaps later this week he'll prove me totally wrong and announce he's loaning himself another $100 million or $200 million. But I doubt it. If he could, why would he have allowed himself to get into this money crunch? This is now perhaps the critical question in the campaign: what happens if Donald Trump is effectively broke and can't produce critical funds for his campaign at make or break moments let alone self-fund the whole endeavor?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Brannock posted:

Right now in America I'd roughly estimate that the middle class makes up like 10% of the population (if that)

That seems like a pretty lovely definition of what you consider middle class to be.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

A presidential campaign going bankrupt in June would be a new one, I think

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Are they really going to run a guy polling at like 30%

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dogstoyevsky posted:

What if MaxxBot wins his toxx? What if Joementum was right all along--without consciously knowing it? What if H5N1 changed his posts for nothing? That's a future I want to live in. That's America. MacBook Pro, baby.

This.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Uncle Wemus posted:

Depending on how obstinate Trump intends to be they might not have a choice anymore.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

MysteriousStranger posted:

I'm not saying that he's not right! My point was more that "lovely Biden policies" are actually "the purpose of the entire Democratic party" right now. And if you aren't in a household pulling in six figures in a blue state with a predatory industry... voting D is just voting to put your carcass on Wall Street or Amazons table so they can suck the blood from your corpse, rather than Wallmart and Big Coal sucking your blood. And you're a loving idiot if you think you're going to get anything from them other than more pain so those of us in those cushy jobs can keep living nice.

There are no lovely Biden policies, just like there are no lovely neoliberal policies. That's called Democratic policy, if you don't like it get the gently caress out of the party.

How are things back there? 2016 is a lot of ups and downs. Bush wrecked the Middle East and the economy's still suffering, but there's gay marriage now and the Republicans are so fragmented they're running a reality show star for President.

PS: Send Pogs.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Jeb!!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
It seems kind of pointless to guess about the financial health of the Trump campaign when we will have hard numbers tonight.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Uncle Wemus posted:

They wouldn't want to if trends continue but RNC rules make it somewhat difficult to change at this point in the game. You then have to find somebody who will almost certainly have no chance against a Clinton apparatus that's been in operation for a year, and if Trump loses bigly you can point to him in 2020 and say "this is a recipe for disaster, elect normal Republicans like me" against a probably vulnerable Hillary presidency.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

jeb,

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

jeb [please pause]

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

Ughh yes please. Can you imagine for the next four years, every bad thing that happens while Hillary is president, Mitch McConnell or whoever will try and hold a press conference to trash Clinton but instead CNN cuts away to Trump talking about how bad thing would not have happened if Republicans didn't backstab him and give the election, which by the way he would have won, to Hillary. Sad!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Heck yeah id kill baby trump. Gotta do it - jeb bush

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pictured: Jeb being informed that a girl is supposed to ask HIM to the Sadie Hawkins dance

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

if Trump loses bigly you can point to him in 2020 and say "this is a recipe for disaster, elect normal Republicans like me" against a probably vulnerable Hillary presidency.

This is the main reason I think they might not try to oust him. Maybe there's a chance they could pull off a win with someone else, but they'd never be able to convince Trump's fanbase that he wouldn't have won if they'd run him (and Trump would never shut up about it for the rest of time). Allowing him to run and be crushed is a way to marginalize that wing of the party for the next election.

The counterargument is that he is already the biggest embarrassment in a generation, and if allowed to run he will go down in history as the biggest joke of a candidate in American history, which might Hurt The Brand enough to outweigh the above argument.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

exquisite tea posted:

if Trump loses bigly you can point to him in 2020 and say "this is a recipe for disaster, elect normal Republicans like me" against a probably vulnerable Hillary presidency.

And keep your fingers crossed that the rank and file aren't won over by Cruz's "this is a recipe for disaster, elect a true conservative like me" pitch.

At which point the RNC leadersip will be taken off suicide watch and placed on murder-suicide watch.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

also this was amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfliCNyfYY8

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Does Jeb! remind anyone of an older Colbert?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
America.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Sometimes I have to stop and realize how lucky we were that idiot Jeb stepped in the GWB/Iraq beartrap suuuuuuper early just to make sure we all know, not only did he assume this was his spot to inherit, he was also going to make us all apologize to GWB while he was at it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pictured: Jeb strenuously arguing that he should be allowed to participate in the 4H club's flower arranging competition even though he's a judge

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pictured: the Jeb statue at Madame Tussaud's

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pictured: Jeb surprising the 2 attendees to his own staged funeral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pictured: Jeb angrily returning a bouquet to a hippie, having carefully removed them personally from the guns of the Florida State Guardsmen

• Locked thread