Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I'm a 5'2" male, so, uh... :rip:

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/742158603482714113

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Frank West has a twitter account now and his only tweet so far is a reply to me. That's odd.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I checked that dumb Ghostbusters comment on the new episode to see where it went and whoever was saying it was obviously a joke is either wrong or it's an insanely elaborate joke, because the dude is just doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on it.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

it's the sort of trolling where no one comes out of it looking good

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Waffleman_ posted:

I checked that dumb Ghostbusters comment on the new episode to see where it went and whoever was saying it was obviously a joke is either wrong or it's an insanely elaborate joke, because the dude is just doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on it.
I didn't say that it was a joke, I said that he was using sarcasm. Posters in this thread somehow couldn't grasp that a person could both be a shithead and type "heh" ironically.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 16, 2016

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

not really the point, i don't think.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I think it's useless to try and follow that person's reasoning. They're either mentally ill or using several layers of sarcasm to completely obfuscate any meaning. Their first post is the only one whose message sort of gets across, and that message is "Look at me, everyone, I'm dumb as poo poo"

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

a thing was here, but it's gone now

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 16, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, I gotcha. Sorry about that. Still in the transition of making that email address my main email so sometimes I forget to check it.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Ag Bengip posted:

I think it's useless to try and follow that person's reasoning. They're either mentally ill or using several layers of sarcasm to completely obfuscate any meaning.

:stare: posted:

"The REAL scary thing about this trailer isn't the ghosts... It's the amount of women's rights they try to implement into it. Feminism is a joke."

Valid satirizing of Hilary Clinton's identity politics usage to further her neo-liberal and neo-conservative policies. I'm sure when she topples another foreign government and allows radical Sunnis to take over she'll justify it by calling them misogynists and pointing out how radical she is for being the first woman president.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
The only thing I get when I read that is an urgent need to send it to kumquatxop so he can shout it at me and make the pain go away.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Just got my F-Plus Magnet in the mail....

Along with a pair of gummies in the envelope as well. Maybe Little Lemon helping with the packaging? Mysteries abound.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'm one of the poor saps who didn't get any candy. :(

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Phuzzy posted:

Just got my F-Plus Magnet in the mail....

Along with a pair of gummies in the envelope as well. Maybe Little Lemon helping with the packaging? Mysteries abound.

I ate mine and lived, in case you were curious.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

I ate mine and lived, in case you were curious.

He should put sugar-free jelly beans in there

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I know it's been almost three years since the Fantendo Wiki episode, but I still want to play Slaughterbus!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
New Lou Reads is up, it's about Mermaids and *cough cough* Mermen.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It seemed like mostly just pretty normal posts about a hobby, except the hobby is odd.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It's an exciting Monday, because we also have The F Plus Episode 216: DOWNLOADING PLACEBO.EXE!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McGlockenshire posted:

It's an exciting Monday, because we also have The F Plus Episode 216: DOWNLOADING PLACEBO.EXE!

Oh this is some weapons-grade bullshit right here.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Anyone who doesn't click the link to that "clinical trial" is seriously missing out.

quote:

After 30 days had passed, subject's parents visited Dr. T. to report the progress with their son. The following are their own words about the results of using this set of programs:

"It's a miracle! We have our son back! He is back to being the son they knew...loving, caring and planning for his future..talking of going into the service. He acts like he doesn't care about drugs. It's unbelievable!"

p.s. what the hell is the internet's deal with precum

p.p.s. yay dicktor

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

That Old Tree posted:

It seemed like mostly just pretty normal posts about a hobby, except the hobby is odd.
That's actually something I really like about Lou's podcast. It doesn't have to be a balls-to-the-wall fetish freakshow all the time; sometimes it's nice to just unwind with some weird people you didn't know about before. Even the drug episodes swing between Requiem for a Dream poo poo and surprisingly "ordinary" conversations about day-to-day junkie experiences.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
If you were irritated by the This American Life this week about (mostly) fat awareness I recommend you go back and listen to the old fplus Angry Angry Hippos like I did.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why would that irritate you

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It looks pretty drat irritating:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you're the kind of person who posts in GBS threads about how fat people are morally disgusting wastes of flesh, maybe

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
If you don't find it irritating, fine. But if you do, then that fplus was a nice palette cleanser.

There is a middle ground between "fat people are irredeemable and disgusting" and super-judgmental people mad at other people judging them or ruminating on "if I were fat I would be less attractive!?!?" as if it were some impenetrable mystery to decipher instead of their own Sisyphus-ian struggle with insecurity and shame.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 20, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

if you're the kind of person who posts in GBS threads about how fat people are morally disgusting wastes of flesh, maybe

Be more self-righteous and smugly superior. Go on. I dare you.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

:ironicat:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My main problem with Alaois was I did not like that mouth/eye avatar he had previously

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

My main problem with Alaois was I did not like that mouth/eye avatar he had previously

it was rather disquieting wasn't it

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Alaois posted:

I'm actually not. Strange but true.

pangstrom posted:

Sisyphus-ian
Sisyphean.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If your worldview is propped up by an F-Plus episode then its probably a pretty garbage worldview to begin with.

That Old Tree posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3449232

Mermaid people seem like cosplayers and fursuiters in that it's a hobby to some and a fetish to others and both sides love showing off at every opportunity regardless.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

If your worldview is propped up by an F-Plus episode then its probably a pretty garbage worldview to begin with.

Fat people are human too and shouldn't be treated badly just because they are fat.

The people in the "Fat Acceptance" episode of the FPlus are clearly crazy and should be mocked because they are perpetuating unhealthiness. There are actual physical consequences to being fat. There are probably 'fat acceptance' people who aren't crazy, and just wish people would stop shouting insulting them just for that or something. I don't know I haven't looked into the movement that much.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 21, 2016

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

That Old Tree posted:

I'm surprised he wasn't able to find any juicier material. My cousin is friends with a mermaid and, from what I hear of her experiences, the community of full of drama and cattiness.

(She's also having a difficult time finding a place to live because she can't find a housing community that both has a public pool and doesn't ban mermaids from said pool)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
bleh, bad timing

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Alaois posted:

it was rather disquieting wasn't it

Yeah for sure! Mouths where they aren't supposed to be are always pretty creepy.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Guy Mann posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3449232

Mermaid people seem like cosplayers and fursuiters in that it's a hobby to some and a fetish to others and both sides love showing off at every opportunity regardless.

Oh for sure. I doubt there's a hobby/interest out there that doesn't have a dark underbelly. (Model train enthusiasts can get really mad about model trains.) It's just the episode I was commenting on. "I spend too much on my hobby" and "I have a weight problem" are just so incredibly prosaic compared to what I'm used to from my two favorite podcasts. The craziest thing I remember from this episode was the suggestion one gets a second job for the sake of a costume, which seems likely to be more unhealthy than the alternative but, hey, whatever.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Clearly harassing fat people and telling them to kill themselves is the better route here.

Note: I'm not saying that's the tone of the fplus episode but the general idea of the 2edgy gbs fucknuts, and if your reaction to that TAL episode was to make a post in a forum thread that dehumanizes fat people and claim that there's a happy medium between treating them as human beings and treating them like a cancer to society then there's probably something wrong with you.

Inb4 a bunch of smug gbs posters tell me that I care about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

yo mamma's so quantum fat her probability cloud is a probability hurricane