Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The third Mike meeting was the best part of the entire tv show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Does anybody else find it hilarious that the descendant of natives who grew up on a (likely lovely) rez in Montana now serves as a secret service agent who claims willingness to die for POTUS?

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
That may have been my favourite episode of Veep since the lobbying hearing, Jonad at the elementary school was my favourite part.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Marjorine Films lol they even did an endcap for it. Great attention to detail.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dancing Peasant posted:

Hey!

This is an elementary school! Watch your spewing mouth you animal!

In an episode full of great moments, this was probably the greatest. Also, right before it happened Catherine managed to fit in the b-roll of the fax machine :)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

There were a hundred amazing jokes in this episode but the thing with Kent's books at the end was the thing that made me laugh the most. Such a little thing with no verbal component at all, absolutely hilarious.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Mike coming in the other door and being like " Just checking if there was a meeting about me" then them coming in through a third door to discuss firing him was such a fantastic pay off.

I liked that at the end it shows that they did in fact turn the home into some sort of animal sancuatary

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

I missed the setup about Kent's books- what's the joke?

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.

whalesteak posted:

Earlier in the episode we see Kent using a ruler to straighten the books on the shelf. In the end it turns out Ben is messing them up.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

whalesteak posted:

They show Kent lining up books on his shelf with a ruler. Later on, it shows that Ben was the one who messed them up.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I just realized that "going hallway to hallway" is some kind of sex thing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, that was a good episode. The season redeemed.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
if you wanna know who we aaaaaaaare

we are gentlemen of japaaaaaaaaaaaaan

splettnet posted:

One From the Memory Box

Auntie had a cat named Ralston that used to run away all the time, but then I discovered that she’d found the cat in a neighbor’s front yard, thought it looked sad, and took it home. So maybe the cat wasn’t running away at all — it was running home. Ralston. World-class hisser, that cat.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Paladinus posted:

Okay, that was a good episode. The season redeemed.

How can you redeem something great? Personal tastes I guess, but personally I think this is the best season so far.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah this is probably my favourite season

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Illinois Smith posted:

if you wanna know who we aaaaaaaare

we are gentlemen of japaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Wasn't Danny Chung in that troupe too? I wonder if that's a callback to something or they just threw it in there.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
After this episode I'm pretty comfortable calling this my favorite season as well. The main plot has been entertaining, the dialogue and jokes have felt sharper, and having such strong setups & payoffs for Jonah & Catherine's side stories really push it over the top.

e: YES!
https://www.kissingyoursisterfilm.com

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 20, 2016

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Throatwarbler posted:

I just realized that "going hallway to hallway" is some kind of sex thing.

Yeah, at first I thought he just meant sneaking in and out of rooms, but then he starts to make the scissoring motion with his hands.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I have Pledged to See the Film

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

After this episode I'm pretty comfortable calling this my favorite season as well. The main plot has been entertaining, the dialogue and jokes have felt sharper, and having such strong setups & payoffs for Jonah & Catherine's side stories really push it over the top.

e: YES!
https://www.kissingyoursisterfilm.com

Oh nice. She made a list of important women who influenced her life. Queen Elizabeth and Cathrines grandma is on it. Selina is not.

Also, these "Where do you see yourself in 20 years?" questions are interesting.
Ironically, Tom James chance to be president in 20 years seems quite slim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggAEBPuO3ik

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 20, 2016

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hargrimm posted:

Wasn't Danny Chung in that troupe too? I wonder if that's a callback to something or they just threw it in there.

Well, that's just plain racist, sir.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Oh god! There is so much good stuff in there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jagWBGlIHk0
"He's a friendly guy. Is this little movie gonna be released before or after he's fired?"
"I don't... think that he has emotions, although oddly I think he dislikes me."

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 20, 2016

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Also Catherine's appearantly working on a comprehensive and compelling oral history of oral histories.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

All of those interviews are amazing.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
WHat's the deal with ben and his wife? Was there supposed to be a joke in there somewhere?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Throatwarbler posted:

WHat's the deal with ben and his wife? Was there supposed to be a joke in there somewhere?

I think we just assumed his wife would be a similar size:weight ration as him, maybe sort of brow beating. But she's younger, more attractive, and generally pleasant.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I don't remember if they ever mentioned he has a family at all before. Seeing him switch from normal Ben to OH HEY SWEETIE WHERE ARE THE KIDS made me smile.

Pretty sure the joke was that he keeps marrying his nurses, he's had three wives and three heart attacks.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

I don't remember if they ever mentioned he has a family at all before. Seeing him switch from normal Ben to OH HEY SWEETIE WHERE ARE THE KIDS made me smile.

Pretty sure the joke was that he keeps marrying his nurses, he's had three wives and three heart attacks.

Yeah, those were specific parts of the general gist that his whole life is so consumed by his job and he lives in such a stifling bubble of being a Washington political insider that he has no clue what's even going on with his own wife n family, and the only time he's even been able to meet a potential wife is when he's in the hospital due to the stress of his job

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Ben's made several hilariously racist jokes about the Chinese this whole season.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Just curious, did I miss a random shot of a copier in Catherine's movie?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
There's a ton of bonus scenes on the Kissing your Sister website.

https://www.kissingyoursisterfilm.com/bonusscenes/

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Hargrimm posted:

I don't know if it was a callback, but that was definitely Danny Chung.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.
It's weird, even though it looked like Jonah was going to screw things up by being late, he arrived in time to fulfill his end and vote for Selina. That he received the phone call too late wasn't even his fault. Or maybe it sort of was, if everyone was so worried about him being late that they didn't think about what to do in case enough congressmen abstained. Then again, they should have planned for that earlier. Selina seemed so focused on not thinking about losing that she didn't think of a back-up plan until it was too late.

GigaPeon posted:

They show Kent lining up books on his shelf with a ruler. Later on, it shows that Ben was the one who messed them up.

Also it went by so quickly that I didn't even understand what Kent was doing until Ben undid his work. The payoff explained it for me, I guess.

Aliquid posted:

I've been eating so much pussy I'm making GBS threads clits.

Dancing Peasant posted:

Hey!

This is an elementary school! Watch your spewing mouth you animal!

Jonah's bragging, his uncle's reaction, and the camera's pull-back to reveal the classroom, such a brilliant combination.

Besides the other stuff mentioned, Tom James losing it and punching a hole in the wall. Man.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I just binged through the first season of this show. I just couldn't stop cringing and laughing all at the same time.

I think my favorite line so far was Selina's response to Dan trying to pump Jonah for intel (Pumping Jonah for intel is like using a croissant as a dildo - it doesn't get the job done and it makes a loving mess) :magical:

I also find the running gag of Mike using dated phrases and/or everyone begging on him for being old way too entertaining.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
After that wall punch, there's no way that Tom doesn't publicly nominate Selina for veep and say she accepted.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Narcissus1916 posted:

Ben's made several hilariously racist jokes about the Chinese this whole season.

I'm 100% sure hs wife is a Filipina, which I thought was actually a pretty realistic(like everything else in this show) reflection of the healthcare industry - Filipinos are vastly more overrepresented in nursing than is typically shown in the whitewashed media.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Fedelm posted:

It's weird, even though it looked like Jonah was going to screw things up by being late, he arrived in time to fulfill his end and vote for Selina. That he received the phone call too late wasn't even his fault. Or maybe it sort of was, if everyone was so worried about him being late that they didn't think about what to do in case enough congressmen abstained. Then again, they should have planned for that earlier. Selina seemed so focused on not thinking about losing that she didn't think of a back-up plan until it was too late.

The vote was not even close. Even if all three abstainers had voted for Selina, the result would have been the same. O'Malley actually secured 25 votes. Otherwise Jonahs vote would have been useless either way.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 20, 2016

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Hargrimm posted:

Oh good it wasn't just me then.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

... I think I'm attracted to bedhead Jonad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_muYXDXD_8

THIS IS ASSAULT!

• Locked thread