Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I kinda thought this was cool, but I also laughed outloud at the stupid loving exchange about a magic spell he has never heard of because it wasn't invented 400 years ago.

Like maybe guy who hangs out in caves isn't the most magically educated dude anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'll admit the chapter surprised me. I was not expecting what appears to be a reset of the world.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Nahxela posted:

Well that was a chapter.
Can't wait to see Ultimate Fairy Tail.

Well the next chapter is called Fairy Tail Zero so they'll just rerelease the Fairy Tail Zero prequel chapters for the next 13 weeks or so. :v:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gajeel is going to come back from the death dimension and have an It's a Wonderful Life-esque story.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ethiser posted:

Gajeel is going to come back from the death dimension and have an It's a Wonderful Life-esque story.

Gajeel and Cana are going to travel this alternate world, trying to find the missing members of Fairy Tail. While there it will turn out that none of them can use magic, except for Gajeel and Cana who have been given an item by the First that lets them use magic. While there they will thwart a world domination scheme by a mad monarch and return after putting Jellal in charge.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Gyges posted:

Gajeel and Cana are going to travel this alternate world, trying to find the missing members of Fairy Tail. While there it will turn out that none of them can use magic, except for Gajeel and Cana who have been given an item by the First that lets them use magic. While there they will thwart a world domination scheme by a mad monarch and return after putting Jellal in charge.

And then Mest will find a way to gently caress that up as well.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015

Gyges posted:

I would be ok with this repeat plot if it meant more screen time for Cana. When will we see the potential that she has? Also, more Cana probably means more Gildarts.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Hey, there's a special chapter out on mangastream. It's a... it's a thing. I'm not sure how else to describe it.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

What the gently caress. It's like it started as nalu fan service but then mashima used it as an exercise into how far he could push ecchi before turning it into an h chapter.

Like we get it. You're really horny and get off to drawing anime girls. But this is just... :stare:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well that was gross and weird.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I closed it after it became clear where it was going. Blech.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Hey, there's a special chapter out on mangastream. It's a... it's a thing. I'm not sure how else to describe it.

Lucy is naked, pretty much like every other chapter.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That's actually less nudity than is usual for Fairy Tail. More dick jokes than usual though.

When Gajeel comes back from the dead he should totally rock those skeleton gauntlets though.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Lot of posters feeling the rage of the sacred rod itt.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Yeah, that wasn't any worse than normal.

I actually chuckled at the last panel too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That was terrible

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Mashima really needs to just draw a bunch of actual hentai doujins and get it out of his system.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Eh it was just a lot of super juvenile humor, which is pretty in line with the target audience. All the talks about friendship and crap aren't there for the YA audience.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 20, 2016

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
It was more coherent than this week's chapter. His solution to not knowing how to wrap this arc up is hilarious

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
None of this poo poo makes any loving sense anymore

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Fabricated posted:

None of this poo poo makes any loving sense anymore

Unfortunately, Mashima can claim this chapter was intentionally confusing. Still doesn't excuse about 40% of the other chapters, though.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
That's an awful lot of boner jokes.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Angry Lobster posted:

That's an awful lot of boner jokes.

Yep. Considering he's drawn nearly 500 chapters of Fairy Tail with minimal, if not zero, boner jokes, I guess the dam finally broke. Boners for everyone.

Also, regarding 490: I guess "universe reset" was a bit too ambitious to expect from Mashima. poo poo's just moved around and shrunk a bit. But aw yeah, Gajeel back in record time*.

*Close to record time- It was equally likely that he'd come back at the end of the very same chapter.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yep. Considering he's drawn nearly 500 chapters of Fairy Tail with minimal, if not zero, boner jokes, I guess the dam finally broke. Boners for everyone.

Also, regarding 490: I guess "universe reset" was a bit too ambitious to expect from Mashima. poo poo's just moved around and shrunk a bit. But aw yeah, Gajeel back in record time*.

*Close to record time- It was equally likely that he'd come back at the end of the very same chapter.

Gajeel might still be mostly dead right now, and just met up with Zera in heaven/wherever. I mean, there's no doubt that he, if not both of them, will be coming back from the dead. But right now, still technically dead.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, wow, I guess it's ok that it wasn't a total reset?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Haha nope i'm gonna call it fairy hart is either zera or needs mavis and zera to combine

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Elfgames posted:

Haha nope i'm gonna call it fairy hart is either zera or needs mavis and zera to combine

Which will involve naked hugging.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Mulderman posted:

Just remember she's actually well over 100 years old so it's totally okay!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mulderman posted:

Is there any other kind in Fairy Tail?

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Something I don't understand about Zeira.. how much are either this or the last one related to the original/real Zeira? Is there any continuity between them? When the original died, did her soul live on as part of Mavis's illusion? Or was it a completely independent being and the real Zeira has been in the afterlife this whole time? If so, does she know Mavis has been using a model of her body and personality to enact an elaborate self-delusion? :gonk: What about this new Zeira?

Pretty depressing if it was nothing more than an illusion Mavis was friends with. :smith:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Zogundar posted:

Something I don't understand about Zeira.. how much are either this or the last one related to the original/real Zeira? Is there any continuity between them? When the original died, did her soul live on as part of Mavis's illusion? Or was it a completely independent being and the real Zeira has been in the afterlife this whole time? If so, does she know Mavis has been using a model of her body and personality to enact an elaborate self-delusion? :gonk: What about this new Zeira?

Pretty depressing if it was nothing more than an illusion Mavis was friends with. :smith:

Spoilers for 491 are out, and they get sort trippy regarding Zera. But they're also just a quick summary, so maybe it'll make more sense when the actual releases come out.

:siren:Warning: Spoilers below:siren:

Zera said she’s temporarily revived because Mavis’s magic and thoughts were reset
And that she’ll probably disappear when Mavis remember her again
Irene uses magic to literally see the entire kingdom…Like her eye is engulfing the sky
The Irene is surprised because she sees scarlet hair
Towards the end, Zera is telepathically telling everyone they have to gather together
And she tells them which way the guild is, and that they have to protect Mavis, who’s like their mother.
So that’s the Mother and Child reference in the title.

Ch. 492: Elder Sister and Younger Sister

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
He drew that white haired sticky mage straight up with three legs this chapter, hahaha

e: maybe its her pant stripe. Either way, I'm either giggling at the leg or at how the sticky stuff looks. Has Mirajane already done anything this arc? I can't remember.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So I guess that in the fairy tail universe only two people in the entire world have red hair .

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simoom posted:

Has Mirajane already done anything this arc? I can't remember.

Not yet, or at least nothing major. I'm thinking stickymage is going to make her the erza of this arc since real erza is too unconscious to be tortured.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Jesus

Gajeel's confession PTSD is top tier.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

Monaghan posted:

So I guess that in the fairy tail universe only two people in the entire world have red hair .

I'd much rather she accidentally dramatically confront Flare Corona than a mother-daughter angst-off.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Jesus

Gajeel's confession PTSD is top tier.

Glad he's got his priorities straight at least

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Chapter.

With the Eileen Squad being Ribbon Bondage wizard/sword and Sticky wizard/sword, this ended far differently than I thought it would. Don't think its over. Swords will be back once Eileen crushes Mirajane.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

New Chapter.

With the Eileen Squad being Ribbon Bondage wizard/sword and Sticky wizard/sword, this ended far differently than I thought it would. Don't think its over. Swords will be back once Eileen crushes Mirajane.

And Erza will probably end up stealing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

My favorite part of Fairy Tail is the "new character, or just someone I forgot?" game

• Locked thread