Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

http://haverhillcommunitytv.org/video/haverhill-high-school-class-of-1991-graduation

between 1:23:00 and 1:24:00 as Seth said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

:allears:

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

bigperm posted:

I'm dying.

All of that is so ultimate.

quote:

I would see them live if they came to Boston

I was there too and thought it was legit funny for a live show. I brought a couple people who had never listened to UYD before. They were a little bewildered but thought it was funny for the most part. Here's a pic of Seth and I after. My fiancé literally takes thousands of pictures on her digital camera. She does a pretty good job. Except this one. I'm on the left fwiw.

I also have a can of PBR signed by Jonathan. It says UYD4L. I keep it in a drawer.

that's my uyd story thanks for reading

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
UYD: they call themselves UYD Heads

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

C-Euro posted:

Just got done with ep 424 as part of my series review, where Jah talks about getting conscripted into a Filipino bowling team. Turn on 506 right after and he talks about the exact same team :stare:

this kind of serendipity (starring John Cusack) poo poo happens all the time with UYD, at least for me. Pretty recently I decided out of the blue to watch an episode of the new Cosmos. A few hours later I decided to listen to a random episode of UYD and, surprise surprise, they talked about Cosmos in that one.

iirc that was one good in the thread who happened to be pissing in his sink when Jonathan began telling a story about pissing in sinks.

A few weeks ago I listened to a random ep of Stuff You Should Know where Josh talks about the movie Somewhere and explains that it's about a guy who stays at the Chateau Marmont. Immediately after I listened to a random UYD wherein they read the news story about how Jason Segel lives right next to the Chateau Marmont and gets free food from there to compensate for the noise and Seth is all "How's your life, dude?"

Seth is usually a skeptic when it comes to this kind of thing, but a couple of eps ago he told that story about how he looked up his extra-actor friend on facebook for the first time in 15 years and then ran into him a few days later. The fabric of our reality is breaking down, so this type of thing is going to become much more common, especially to "woke" people like your average UYD listener.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

this kind of serendipity (starring John Cusack) poo poo happens all the time with UYD, at least for me.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, it happens a lot for me too. Just not usually over that short of a timeframe, and not in that self-referential manner.

The fabric of our reality is breaking down, so this type of thing is going to become much more common, especially to "woke" people like your average UYD listener.

Basically this.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

8 track betamax posted:

UYD: they call themselves UYD Heads
The whole way through the article i was thinking if UYD blows up I'm going to have the biggest 'I was there before you' elitist cringe but then I realized I already have it with its current lovely fanbase.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
506 was legitimately the the funniest episode I've heard in a long while

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

CortezFantastic posted:

So getting a competent agent has paid off

e: actually wtf

Still, the actor hasn’t quite given up on his lifelong dream of becoming a T.V. star just yet. He and Laroquette are meeting with networks in the hopes of parlaying their UYD antics and built-in fan base into a variety show tailored to the small screen. But for now, like every Thursday and the Thursday before that and the Thursday to come, they’ve got a podcast to record.

Haven't they wanted to do a tv show basically as long as the podcast has been going? Jah called Bill Simmons one of the "great minds" in the Vice interview, maybe they're still looking for a hookup with HBO.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Start filming some more of the eps like they did around ep120~ and put those up.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

this kind of serendipity (starring John Cusack) poo poo happens all the time with UYD, at least for me. Pretty recently I decided out of the blue to watch an episode of the new Cosmos. A few hours later I decided to listen to a random episode of UYD and, surprise surprise, they talked about Cosmos in that one.

iirc that was one good in the thread who happened to be pissing in his sink when Jonathan began telling a story about pissing in sinks.

A few weeks ago I listened to a random ep of Stuff You Should Know where Josh talks about the movie Somewhere and explains that it's about a guy who stays at the Chateau Marmont. Immediately after I listened to a random UYD wherein they read the news story about how Jason Segel lives right next to the Chateau Marmont and gets free food from there to compensate for the noise and Seth is all "How's your life, dude?"

Seth is usually a skeptic when it comes to this kind of thing, but a couple of eps ago he told that story about how he looked up his extra-actor friend on facebook for the first time in 15 years and then ran into him a few days later. The fabric of our reality is breaking down, so this type of thing is going to become much more common, especially to "woke" people like your average UYD listener.

I read this post earlier and nodded, cause it happens. Then today I heard an old Rush song I forgot about and actually liked it, and I never liked Rush really. So I decided to listen to like five songs. Then I threw on the new episode and lost my loving mind.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That was a loving great live show just too listen too. Having good quality audio makes so much difference, they were also killing it. They have got so much better in comparison to the early ones, just more relaxed etc.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

mcvey posted:

Start filming some more of the eps like they did around ep120~ and put those up.

I think a mixture of clips from filmed episodes at the studio, cut with footage of Seth visiting various locations around LA, maybe some Seth's clips type stuff sprinkled in for good measure.. Jonathan skate board instructional video?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

8 track betamax posted:

I think a mixture of clips from filmed episodes at the studio, cut with footage of Seth visiting various locations around LA, maybe some Seth's clips type stuff sprinkled in for good measure.. Jonathan skate board instructional video?

Music segment

I'd honestly think they would fit very well into an Anthony Bourdain type show, now that I actually thought of what a UYD tv show would even be

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 11, 2016

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

NATIONAL raisin bran crunch commercial

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

God drat so I love the Korean letters.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It's been an eventful week in Florida

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
This week in Florida getting a little dark.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
It seems that Omar Mateen also was a supporter of "Make it Fine With 49"

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

WDIIA posted:

It seems that Omar Mateen also was a supporter of "Make it Fine With 49"

:captainpop:

fried eggs
Apr 4, 2007
with ketchup
Seth talking about his stihl cap, so good. STAY IN YOUR LANE VEGAN

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
:clint: I gave Seth the Stihl hat at the Toronto show. If he's actually wearing it that is so loving funny.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I have a hard time believing Seth has ever worn a hat in his adult life.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

General Dog posted:

I have a hard time believing Seth has ever worn a hat in his adult life.

Seth has a wide variety of cowboy hats in case of bad hair days

fried eggs
Apr 4, 2007
with ketchup

Scut posted:

:clint: I gave Seth the Stihl hat at the Toronto show. If he's actually wearing it that is so loving funny.

Then you're gonna wanna listen to 407, that hat starts about a 5 minute segment :)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Seth's rant about celebrity deaths on social media was so on point (and depressing to remember)

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

This was such a fun, goofy episode. It's definitely my new episode I'll use to show people uyd

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

fried eggs posted:

Seth talking about his stihl cap, so good. STAY IN YOUR LANE VEGAN

Stihl x Lozenges x UYD brand deal coming up

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

lol at Seth trying to bait Jonathan into saying a black person's name.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
pig poop balls

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Listening to episode 170, them talking about Project Natal and how it couldn't detect those with dark skin is crazy.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Do you think Seth has seen "Shake That Bear?"

For some reason I was pondering this the other day.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
In one of those articles it mentions that they are starting to record episodes back to back and I can definitely tell. One episode will be Seth doing his slow build and the next one will be hair-trigger Seth.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I want to smoke marijuana. I want to smoke marijuana. I want to shoot a gun, and I want to drink Coke.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

508 is up y'all!

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
:lol: at them talking about adult breastfeeding

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
They talked about that topic in an episode in the 100s somewhere. It was some british documentary thing and one of the guys was like "Yeah I'll get in that queue" because his 14 year old son was suckin on his wife's titty and he didn't mind waiting. seth did a bad accent and it was great

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

This is like the third time Jonathan has offhandedly mentioned that Miles Davis liked breast milk and I have never read or heard that anywhere else.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I mean duh what else could bitches brew refer to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Bitch Juice