Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
sorry, the swear word sounds very un-chill.

also, what's a FiBo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Fighter bombers

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
ohhhh. right.

Okay next question. Did that question assume the POS was anchored but not onlined, or were Fighter Bombers able to reach the stick through shields at some point.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Probably the former or you could assume by "bashing" it was meant defanging an onlined one

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i would unplug my pc and petition ccp for a reimbursement

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Syndic Thrass posted:

Probably the former or you could assume by "bashing" it was meant defanging an onlined one

That's what it would seem to imply if it was a straightforward question, right? But the scenario is so dumb it makes me think it's not meant to be taken seriously or is otherwise jacked up. Is the applicant assumed to think POS shooting with a super is an acceptable idea?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i would unplug my pc and petition ccp for a reimbursement

You'd be amazed at what you can get away with in petitions. Many years ago there was some server instability and crashes going on in everquest 1. This was around the time the solteris raid was released. I was missing one piece of my epic weapon and the thing was a bitch to get because you needed a 54 person raid to get it.

So i thought what the hell i'll submit a petition saying i beat this raid for my epic weapon and looted the piece then the server crashed. They denied it the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time but i was persistent and one day a GM popped into the game and traded me the piece just so they could close my case.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

there are long range fighter bombers that can shoot a tower now

also the correct answer is: I would have anchored a small tower before hand and shot the pos while I was aligned

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Reverand maynard posted:

there are long range fighter bombers that can shoot a tower now

also the correct answer is: I would have anchored a small tower before hand and shot the pos while I was aligned

with an Erebus

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
And the question is what would you do in that situation, and not how would you have done it differently. So if you and your scrub buddy in your solo supers were tackled by 50 roleplayers, what would you do?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

actually the correct answer is I dont give a gently caress enough to solo siege a pos as that money isn't going to me anyways

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
I thought corps in PL kept most of the isk from POS if they deal with it, no? Rather than it going to the alliance like a lot of other groups

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus what the hell happened that justified 500 posts in a day, arguing about the near-misses and rabbit chases that happened yesterday?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
It was hearty discussion about what a bad poster Goatman Sacks is

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

Jesus what the hell happened that justified 500 posts in a day, arguing about the near-misses and rabbit chases that happened yesterday?

Mostly posting about posting. :justpost:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Ambaire posted:

Honestly, I don't have a problem with this. The fighters have 10 missile salvos and then the carrier has to warp to the gate and recall the fighters then sit there for 30 seconds or more while they're refueled and stuff. The fighter MWD is only good for about 200km at 10km/s then they're slowboating for a minute+. People are just mad that a carrier can finally live up to its name.

e. name being Force Projection. Just like IRL carriers.

Oh, this is what IRL carriers do, irl

huh

Orange Red Bull posted:

shut up frozenpussy make me some scantily clad anime babes

Hey, this is very original still.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Sunber posted:

I thought corps in PL kept most of the isk from POS if they deal with it, no? Rather than it going to the alliance like a lot of other groups

Money moons are held by individuals, whom pay a tax to the alliance.

This tax goes towards staging towers, citadels, cap fuel, drones, cap srp, etc.

Elsa posted:

The HABIT question of what would you do if you and a buddy were caught in your supers, bashing a pos? Is that the one with the roleplayers

Other than the comedy answer of "roleplay my way out of it" I would want to know why I've been placed in that situation without my personal subcap support gang and alongside another scrub with just a super logged in.

That question is like waking up drunk at the wheel with a highway patrolman knocking on your window.

If you're talking about the you and a buddy are bashing a POS in lowsec, and you get tackled by a N+1 gang- what do you do?

It's a trap.

Pre-citadel supers couldn't hit the POS Stick with FiBos, and post-Citadel, why the gently caress are you bashing a POS with 1 other dude in a super.

e: Nevermind, it's an offline small.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 21, 2016

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Xolve posted:

Thought so, in which case there is an incentive to bash the towers yourself with that model of tower ownership, think thats what grath was talking about in a podcast or something

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Sunber posted:

Thought so, in which case there is an incentive to bash the towers yourself with that model of tower ownership, think thats what grath was talking about in a podcast or something

People are willing to help in most cases, depends on how far away it is, fatigue and all that.

PL never really defends POS's, it's just not worth the :effort: when we can reinforce/kill whatever tower goes up in it's place in less than a siege cycle.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Xolve posted:

People are willing to help in most cases, depends on how far away it is, fatigue and all that.

PL never really defends POS's, it's just not worth the :effort: when we can reinforce/kill whatever tower goes up in it's place in less than a siege cycle.

I guess when you have the biggest supercap umbrella it opens up a large amount of tactical options like that, will be interesting to see what :ccp: comes up with to replace moon mining though as they seem to like small corps having a chance off late

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I got scammed by a newbie today. A newbie was in recruitment chat and was asking about joining a pvp corp and I asked if he wanted to pvp with me. after I handed him a rifter he dropped fleet and blocked me. :lol:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Reverand maynard posted:

I got scammed by a newbie today. A newbie was in recruitment chat and was asking about joining a pvp corp and I asked if he wanted to pvp with me. after I handed him a rifter he dropped fleet and blocked me. :lol:

how the mighty have fallen

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Reverand maynard posted:

:owned:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

how the mighty have fallen

The key to finding good marks is finding the ones that think they're too smart to be scammed.

That's why I can't stop getting scammed :smith:

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

I'm glad to see the spirit of the game is alive and kicking.

He was probably a bittervet's alt.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

DisgracelandUSA posted:

The key to finding good marks is finding the ones that think they're too smart to be scammed.

That's why I can't stop getting scammed :smith:

You should uhhh, send all your isk to me and i'll ummm, teach you how to make that not happen :v:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Reverand maynard posted:

:lol:

I bet the guy is awfully proud of himself too. At this moment, he's probably gloating to everyone he can about how he scammed some guy out of a rifter.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
I wanna PVP in a rifter :(

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Divine Blob posted:

I wanna PVP in a rifter :(

it's really cheap and accessible and you can do it right now

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

VideoGames posted:

Nice, I didn't do too badly! I'll get there. :D

Until then, I cannot believe there was a derail about Atlantis. Good grief. That is not something I expected to see.

I did enjoy, thank you.

You'll notice a lot of derails in this thread. Some cool ones, some weird ones. Atlantis derail is unique to me and doesn't happen often.
My favorite derail has to be food related tho.

Some people have the wrong opinion that ribs can be boiled or that Tofu is food. Many of us have tried to make them see the light, unfortunately they remain blind and refuse to join civilization, preferring to remain unwashed barbarians.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Said the Canadian.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

Said the Canadian.

I actually tried poutine and it was weird as hell but not bad.

I mean granted the proper thing to smother fries in if you are trying to fill those arteries is cheese, bacon, chives, and maybe some chili. But in a pinch I guess cheese curds and gravy will do.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

I mean granted the proper thing to smother fries in if you are trying to fill those arteries is cheese, bacon, chives, and maybe some chili. But in a pinch I guess cheese curds and gravy will do.

Have you seen the bacon chili cheese fries ontop of a blooming onion from outback? loving game changer man

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
:fap: :fap: :fap:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That's a heart attack.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Rhymenoserous posted:

You can also try to add cooked sausage to a poutine for added taste. The cheap kind will do, but I recommend bradwurst or the likes.
And Bacon too. But you know.. Bacon is good with everything. Never not add Bacon to stuff.

Carth Dookie posted:

Said the Canadian.

Say what you will about Canadians, at least we understand that the only time it is appropriate to boil ribs, is when you're doing a satanic ritual to try and summon a demon. :colbert:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

That's a heart attack.

You spelled orgasm wrong

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

If you're talking about the you and a buddy are bashing a POS in lowsec, and you get tackled by a N+1 gang- what do you do?

It's a trap.

Pre-citadel supers couldn't hit the POS Stick with FiBos, and post-Citadel, why the gently caress are you bashing a POS with 1 other dude in a super.

e: Nevermind, it's an offline small.

I began to assume it was more like, these are stupid questions meant to torment people who don't understand it's all about the vouch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Syndic Thrass posted:

You spelled orgasm wrong

Uh, the milkshakes Blacktap makes are orgasmic.

Also, are there passive forms of income generation in EVE? Someone in rookie help brought it up earlier, but I can't remember it for the life of me.

• Locked thread